fighting a giant...need help - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply

Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
this is a street fight not a competition so dont treat it like one fight dirty. thumb to eyes work nice, groin shots wont really work because every one expects them.

and for all of you people suggesting him to grapple ... grappeling on the street is by far the stupidist thing any one can do and thats coming from a grappeler. your assuming that no one is going to jump in which is something you just cant risk. In the real world its not a 1 on 1 fight you have to worry about other people coming in.

Also when your on the ground every one is not going to fight the way a grappeler fights and unless your used to fighting people that dont know how to grapple you might actually be at a disadvantage because your limiting yourself. Like I said fight dirty. WHats going to happen when you put him in a submition. You put him in an arm bar and you assume he gives up and you win but he could end up trying to fight again. Your only real option grappeling wise is a choke because you dont want to be liable for anything.

If I were you and I had to fight a much bigger opponent. I would fight dirty because in all honesty martial arts are dirty. All this sport application takes away from the real purpose of it which isnt to compete but to survive. Dont fight him like an mma fighter because this isnt a sport. Giving advice as if it were a sport is stupid.

Thats why all of these boxers go out and try to fight on the street and get their asses kicked because some one just takes them to the ground kicks or pulls some shit that they dont know and they get pissed because they werent playing by their rules.


In a street fight you know how I escape a pin? **** bridge and roll finger to the eye and roll. If I ever get stuck in a bad position I will shove my thumb in some ones eye on the street. I will pull your hair out, I will bite, I will punch you in th throat and attack vitals.

Id love for some of the people that say oh thats not fighting fair to tell that to the people who created these martial arts. Tell that to Jiu Jitzu practioners from feudal japan who created the art that and they will laugh in your face. Martial arts were made to fight not for sport. They were made to fight wars and to survive. If this punk wants to fight then dont fight him like your playing a game fight him like your trying to survive
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1

Last edited by mrmyz : 01-30-2007 at 08:47 AM.
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-31-2007, 01:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Punching Bag!
 
EC_Raider_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 263
EC_Raider_07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by traf_quake
i know this isnt really mma related but i need to know how to fight a big guy on the street...i'd say hes about 6'4 maybe 250....i'm lik 5'7 and 165 lol...this guy wont let up and i'm thinking i might get dragged into something...

i've been doing mma for a few months now and in sparring sessions when i spar with bigger guys i always have the problem of not committing to the punch when i get in close because they're soo much bigger than me...i have pretty fast hands and ok defense but if i get hounded by this guy on the street i dont know how i'd deal with it...my sensai says to just ignore him but its no that easy

if anyone can give me any pointers so that i dont get reamed it'd be great lol
Honestly, you should avoid him at all costs. I know size doesn't mean much if you've been training, but this guy is almost 100 LBS heavier than you.

If worst comes to worst, do what Bas says. Kick him in the balls. After that I'd get away ASAP.
EC_Raider_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC_Raider_07
Honestly, you should avoid him at all costs. I know size doesn't mean much if you've been training, but this guy is almost 100 LBS heavier than you.

If worst comes to worst, do what Bas says. Kick him in the balls. After that I'd get away ASAP.
yeah bas rutten is the man hes one of the few fighters that undrstand the difference between a street fight and a pro fight. I remember watchinghis video and he was like be aware of yuor surroundings and anything that you can use as weapons. Salt shakers, beer bottles chairs etc. Tells some good fighting stories too
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
kishiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: daly city
Posts: 575
kishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz
and for all of you people suggesting him to grapple ... grappeling on the street is by far the stupidist thing any one can do and thats coming from a grappeler. your assuming that no one is going to jump in which is something you just cant risk. In the real world its not a 1 on 1 fight you have to worry about other people coming in.
he did not say anything about him having any friends that are jumping in

"i know this isnt really mma related but i need to know how to fight a big guy on the street...i'd say hes about 6'4 maybe 250....i'm lik 5'7 and 165 lol...this guy wont let up and i'm thinking i might get dragged into something..."

so to me it sounds like a one on one fight, if not he most likly would have said, "there are these guys"

these are a few examples of how stupid it is to grapple in a street fight,like how mrmyz said it is.... so if ever you fight in the street DO NOT, grip fight, clinch, throw, slam, impact control, body control, choke, lock, or GnP... because it never works in the street!!! it only works in an organized setting, such as competition!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3snJCP30c
ComeGetYouSome fight videos, girl fights, street fights, sports fights and more.
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
FIGHT TIPS - Fight Videos: Street fights: Felony Fights - MMA vs Street Fighter

i am not saying striking does not work, i am not saying all fights will be the same. many fights in the street you will be jumped. some times you will not, there is no telling what will happen, or what will or won't work, i belive go with what you know, or what ever works at that time.
kishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishiro
he did not say anything about him having any friends that are jumping in

"i know this isnt really mma related but i need to know how to fight a big guy on the street...i'd say hes about 6'4 maybe 250....i'm lik 5'7 and 165 lol...this guy wont let up and i'm thinking i might get dragged into something..."

so to me it sounds like a one on one fight, if not he most likly would have said, "there are these guys"

these are a few examples of how stupid it is to grapple in a street fight,like how mrmyz said it is.... so if ever you fight in the street DO NOT, grip fight, clinch, throw, slam, impact control, body control, choke, lock, or GnP... because it never works in the street!!! it only works in an organized setting, such as competition!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3snJCP30c
ComeGetYouSome fight videos, girl fights, street fights, sports fights and more.
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
PSFIGHTS - Pure Street Fights Video Archive
FIGHT TIPS - Fight Videos: Street fights: Felony Fights - MMA vs Street Fighter

i am not saying striking does not work, i am not saying all fights will be the same. many fights in the street you will be jumped. some times you will not, there is no telling what will happen, or what will or won't work, i belive go with what you know, or what ever works at that time.
you can assume that it is one on one all you want and you can post all those best case scenario links all you want. The fact is that in any circumstance that you fight on the street you can never assume another person wont jump in to assist their freind it would be stupid to do so.

Im a cop and I have seen what happens from one on one fight in the street. One time these two kids were going at it one was winning and the other ones freinds gave him a concusion from a kick to the head while he was focusing on another opponent. In the real world you have to try and finish as quickly as possible. Im a martial artist but im also a soldier and I think like a soldier. Put me in a triangle in a real life situation and I will reach around grab your nuts and strat crushing them with my hand and we will see how long you hold that submition ...
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
kishiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: daly city
Posts: 575
kishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz
you can assume that it is one on one all you want and you can post all those best case scenario links all you want. The fact is that in any circumstance that you fight on the street you can never assume another person wont jump in to assist their freind it would be stupid to do so.

Im a cop and I have seen what happens from one on one fight in the street. One time these two kids were going at it one was winning and the other ones freinds gave him a concusion from a kick to the head while he was focusing on another opponent. In the real world you have to try and finish as quickly as possible. Im a martial artist but im also a soldier and I think like a soldier. Put me in a triangle in a real life situation and I will reach around grab your nuts and strat crushing them with my hand and we will see how long you hold that submition ...
you are a fool to think ahead in a fight, such as giving me a reach around... if you ever mixed it up you know in a fight plans rarely happen the way you want it.

good for you your a cop so you have seen what happends in the street, but that is only when you are called. i have lived in some bad spots in my life, so i have seen what happends before your called, i seen what happends when the witness "didn't see anything", i seen what happends when the witness stories don't match. and you as a cop, i hear you guys always *****ing about these problems.

as i said it is rare to get a one on one fight, but if it happends go with what you know. or what ever is working at that time.

few things i street fights i have learned in my life,#1 relax & revert to your training, #2 no police are there when it is going down (they tend to come after), #3 there is no fair street fight

i have seen fights happen and they are down the block watching, waiting for backup, the adverage time for back up to arrive is 8-12min. most fights don't last that long......
kishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishiro
you are a fool to think ahead in a fight, such as giving me a reach around... if you ever mixed it up you know in a fight plans rarely happen the way you want it.

good for you your a cop so you have seen what happends in the street, but that is only when you are called. i have lived in some bad spots in my life, so i have seen what happends before your called, i seen what happends when the witness "didn't see anything", i seen what happends when the witness stories don't match. and you as a cop, i hear you guys always *****ing about these problems.

as i said it is rare to get a one on one fight, but if it happends go with what you know. or what ever is working at that time.

few things i street fights i have learned in my life,#1 relax & revert to your training, #2 no police are there when it is going down (they tend to come after), #3 there is no fair street fight

i have seen fights happen and they are down the block watching, waiting for backup, the adverage time for back up to arrive is 8-12min. most fights don't last that long......
the average time for back up to arrive is far less then 8 - 12 minutes for one especially if it is a violent disturbance I dont need to call for back up because multiple units have already been dispatched so the longest I would have to wait to go in would probably be less then a minute because several units are being dispatched.

Secound of all I could care less what you learned in the streets because I have seen far worse in the streets of Afghanistan. Dont come with the im from a ruff part of town because the ruffest part of your town isnt any where near as bad as half of the fights attacks that I managed to live through.

You have to anticipate before you act not doing so would be fool hardy. Even pro fighters do that they dont just go in the ring and fight they watch video of their opponent and based on that they develop a strategy to combat their opponent.

Even Bas Rutten in his self defense video teaches the same things I have told you. Ill take Bas' opinion over yours since his thoery has been battle tested time and again in various bar fights.
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Outta My Head
 
Onganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 11
Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Wow... I always find it funny how some of the more knowledgeable members of this forum (actually any of the fora I frequent) end up in these online "*****-waving" contests. The funniest thing about all of this is that you both agree on key parts in your posts. That is genuinely entertaining from my perspective.

Oh... To the OP: The general consensus is to avoid this dude at all costs. If a fight does start, don't treat it like an organized "match" because it isn't. Treat it like your health and well-being is on the line because it will be. Do what you can to protect yourself and get the hell out of dodge when you can.

Good luck.
__________________
It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Punching Bag!
 
EC_Raider_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 263
EC_Raider_07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz
Im a cop and I have seen what happens from one on one fight in the street. One time these two kids were going at it one was winning and the other ones freinds gave him a concusion from a kick to the head while he was focusing on another opponent. In the real world you have to try and finish as quickly as possible. Im a martial artist but im also a soldier and I think like a soldier. Put me in a triangle in a real life situation and I will reach around grab your nuts and strat crushing them with my hand and we will see how long you hold that submition ...
What about a standing arm triangle?
EC_Raider_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onganju
Wow... I always find it funny how some of the more knowledgeable members of this forum (actually any of the fora I frequent) end up in these online "*****-waving" contests. The funniest thing about all of this is that you both agree on key parts in your posts. That is genuinely entertaining from my perspective.

Oh... To the OP: The general consensus is to avoid this dude at all costs. If a fight does start, don't treat it like an organized "match" because it isn't. Treat it like your health and well-being is on the line because it will be. Do what you can to protect yourself and get the hell out of dodge when you can.

Good luck.
your right
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios