MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Standup Technique (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/)
-   -   Kicking Miss Dizziness Method (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/80890-kicking-miss-dizziness-method.html)

MMAStar96 08-27-2010 09:04 AM

Kicking Miss Dizziness Method
 
Everytime i miss a kick and spin around after 2 kicks i get really dizzy and light headed is there a quick way to recover

North 09-04-2010 11:24 PM

Don't spin. Spinning after a missed kick is the goofiest thing ever, in my opinion.

If your teacher (or you) is/are insisting that you spin around, then simply try to root briefly and get a little bend in the knees as soon as you finish your spin. Keep your head and body up straight. Breathe.

Or don't throw missing kicks consecutively.

Squirrelfighter 09-05-2010 02:03 PM

I think a more important issue is the spinning itself.

Its okay to occasionally throw a kick with enough oumph to actually have to spin around to bleed off the energy of the kick. But in most cases, a kick like that shouldn't be thrown unless your opponent is already on the ropes. Throwing your whole heart and soul(and full body-weight) into a kick that you can't stop won't win the fight, it'll get you countered as you're spinning around. Throwing yourself off balance just to finish will get you finished.

Advice I can offer: Work on throwning the kick from a more rooted stance. Work on bending slightly at the knee and flexing the muscles of the planting leg, and most importantly, learn to control your own momentum. Controlling your momentum first by throwing leg kicks with the leg that's causing you trouble, then move to body kicks, then to head kicks, but focus completely on countering the rotation with the planting leg to keep yourself from spinning out of your stance. Hope I was helpful.

oldfan 09-05-2010 02:18 PM

I don't know how old you are but, that is a problem that snick up on me with every year. I don't think you can train your inner ear after a certain age.

Quote:

Throwing your whole heart and soul(and full body-weight) into a kick that you can't stop won't win the fight,
I have to disagree Squirrel. That is the only way to throw a kick. If you're not doing that then don't lift your foot off the ground.

Squirrelfighter 09-05-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfan (Post 1260508)
I don't know how old you are but, that is a problem that snick up on me with every year. I don't think you can train your inner ear after a certain age.



I have to disagree Squirrel. That is the only way to throw a kick. If you're not doing that then don't lift your foot off the ground.

So you should throw every inch of your body into a leg kick or body kick? You should throw wild kicks unintelligently just to throw with power. Timing and set up make a kick, and attacking precisely and with control are far more important than attacking powerfully.

xeberus 09-05-2010 04:48 PM

i just assumed this guy was just a troll. :dunno:

oldfan 09-05-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter (Post 1260514)
So you should throw every inch of your body into a leg kick or body kick? You should throw wild kicks unintelligently just to throw with power. Timing and set up make a kick, and attacking precisely and with control are far more important than attacking powerfully.

I still disagree.I didn't say anything about wild or unintelligent. I'm saying that if you don't have the timing and technique to throw that kick with the badest of bad intentions then you are much better of with your feet under you. If you throw a leg kick it should be a shin drive trying to cripple your opponent. I've seen a few guys, myself included get ko'd by a head kick that they blocked with proper technique. if you can't kick like that keep your feet on the ground and throw hands in a real fight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1260592)
i just assumed this guy was just a troll. :dunno:

He is. I just like picking on squirrel.:)

Squirrelfighter 09-06-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfan (Post 1260656)
I still disagree.I didn't say anything about wild or unintelligent. I'm saying that if you don't have the timing and technique to throw that kick with the badest of bad intentions then you are much better of with your feet under you. If you throw a leg kick it should be a shin drive trying to cripple your opponent. I've seen a few guys, myself included get ko'd by a head kick that they blocked with proper technique. if you can't kick like that keep your feet on the ground and throw hands in a real fight.



He is. I just like picking on squirrel.:)

Listen, yours and my opinions on kicking style aside, this guy's problem was the point. He can't stay in balance when he throws a kick, spinning around like a deranged top more than once or twice a fight, to the point where He's making himself dizzy and its becoming a commonality, WILL get him countered and knocked the f*ck out.

If you can't control your own power, you shouldn't throw with power UNTIL you can control it. Anything else is lazy training technique. And there is nothing in all the world I hate more than lazy technique.

swpthleg 09-08-2010 11:37 PM

It sounds like his problem is too much torque, which I never imagined could be a bad thing. In this case, it is.

MMAStar96 09-09-2010 12:16 PM

No my teacher has taught us kicks when we dont put much power and dont spin then when we do a power kick pull the entire force round and if we miss spin then defend ourselves by putting the guard straight up


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2