help with high kick / headkick - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Flyweight
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 229
                     
Aw you guys have it tough, we're naturally flexible! I'm also double jointed but I still make sure I stretch! Just kicking high will increase your flexibility enough! I kick very hard!
Sharon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:18 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Aw you guys have it tough, we're naturally flexible! I'm also double jointed but I still make sure I stretch! Just kicking high will increase your flexibility enough! I kick very hard!
Thats not actually possible, there is no such thing as being double jointed. It is just a genetic condition that causes ball and socket joints to be far more shallow than the average person. Also having hypermobilty or being "double jointed" as you called in your hips can cause a lot of problems as you age. All that aside, not a clue how it would help you kick higher.

I'm not going to start on the whole "we are just more naturally flexible" statement.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Flyweight
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 229
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Thats not actually possible, there is no such thing as being double jointed. It is just a genetic condition that causes ball and socket joints to be far more shallow than the average person. Also having hypermobilty or being "double jointed" as you called in your hips can cause a lot of problems as you age. All that aside, not a clue how it would help you kick higher.

I'm not going to start on the whole "we are just more naturally flexible" statement.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Well my aunt is double jointed too and she's like in her 50's!!!! You can call it a genetic condition if you want, but it is an advantage, and one that allows me to help in my mma training. I kick like a horse purely because of my flexibility. If I was tight like most people on here are then I would not have that luxury! It helped with my ballet too! I promise you if I was double jointed I would not be able to hurt guys with my legs
Sharon is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Well my aunt is double jointed too and she's like in her 50's!!!! You can call it a genetic condition if you want, but it is an advantage, and one that allows me to help in my mma training. I kick like a horse purely because of my flexibility. If I was tight like most people on here are then I would not have that luxury! It helped with my ballet too! I promise you if I was double jointed I would not be able to hurt guys with my legs
It's not what I want, it is what it is. There is no such thing as being double jointed. Good for your aunt? I'm going with you're wildly misunderstanding how your flexibility helps you kick, ballet sure, but kick power and flexibility don't have a lot to do with each other. All flexibility will do is help you reach your target, different parts of the body that help you with power, as in muscles instead of tendons and joints. So unleas you're throwing savate kicks the two have very little to do with one another.


Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Flyweight
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 229
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
It's not what I want, it is what it is. There is no such thing as being double jointed. Good for your aunt? I'm going with you're wildly misunderstanding how your flexibility helps you kick, ballet sure, but kick power and flexibility don't have a lot to do with each other. All flexibility will do is help you reach your target, different parts of the body that help you with power, as in muscles instead of tendons and joints. So unleas you're throwing savate kicks the two have very little to do with one another.


Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Tell that to my trainers! They say it's flexibility that improves the kick! Not the muscles and such! What are you talking about?!
Sharon is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Tell that to my trainers! They say it's flexibility that improves the kick! Not the muscles and such! What are you talking about?!
Where do you train?

All of those things contribute to your kick, so if by improve you mean make it easier to kick high hit on target etc. Then sure.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Flyweight
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 229
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Where do you train?

All of those things contribute to your kick, so if by improve you mean make it easier to kick high hit on target etc. Then sure.
Not sure if you need to know where I train. But the fact is, the more flexible your hips, the more you can produce torque and a whiplash effect when you swing from your stance! The power comes from the movement, not the muscles! How can you not know that????
Sharon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome