Originally Posted by YoungHitter54
I'm turning 15 in a couple of days, and mma is like my life and im just getting into training for it. I have a punching bag and a gym, but I live in a town where there is no trainers
I am just wondering if anyone knows any training. Like punching bag combinations, how to hit harder, a full workout, cardio, and anything else that anyone can help me with. I would really appreciate it! Thanks everyone.
I'm gonna provide you with some links that will be VERY helpful if you're serious about training. Seriously, just read this stuff, practice, and watch lots of MMA fights/instructionals.
RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary
- Great link for conditioning, cardio, and transitioning into MMA. Also check out rossboxing.com for some specific boxing info.
The Collected Works of Aesopian, The Best Poster Ever - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums
- The collest works of Aesopian.com Lot's of good grappling techniques/tricks in this collection, very helpful!
Jiu Jitsu Forums -
- This link provides various short videos of how to perform different bjj techniques. Techniques range from sweeps to arm bars to leg locks. Also very helpful
Development of elastic strength through the use of plyometrics
- Good link about plyometrics, which transitions into MMA well
Mixed Martial Arts Training Interview - The Science of Total Training
- MMA interview with the 3 of the top MMA Strength and Conditioning coaches. There is a bunch of info in here as well.
Kettlebell strength training for MMA and grappling
- Cool little kettle bell workout that transitions into wrestling/MMA well.
Hopefully you use these links to your advantage. Good luck training, hopefully you are as dedicated as you say you are. And don't forget, when in doubt: