MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Strength & Power Training (http://www.mmaforum.com/strength-power-training/)
-   -   strong abs vs. six pack abs ?? (http://www.mmaforum.com/strength-power-training/17009-strong-abs-vs-six-pack-abs.html)

MMA_76 06-21-2007 12:09 AM

strong abs vs. six pack abs ??
 
today at my muay thai class a new guy showed up and at the end of the class we did a sit up excercise where a pair of 2 ppl sit up at the same time and touch hands when u r up. the new guy picked me as my partner. he was able to complete about 12 or maybe 13 situps to failure. while i was waiting for him toward my 30th sit up it was obvious that i was stronger. but after the class he took off his shirt and had a six pack which i still do not have a six pack and am trying to get. the question is how does he have a six pack if he is the same height and about medium built as me and i am able to complete more sit ups y dont i have a six pack and keep in mind that i have been eating very little food and i am down to 9% body fat

SnakePit 06-21-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA_76
today at my muay thai class a new guy showed up and at the end of the class we did a sit up excercise where a pair of 2 ppl sit up at the same time and touch hands when u r up. the new guy picked me as my partner. he was able to complete about 12 or maybe 13 situps to failure. while i was waiting for him toward my 30th sit up it was obvious that i was stronger. but after the class he took off his shirt and had a six pack which i still do not have a six pack and am trying to get. the question is how does he have a six pack if he is the same height and about medium built as me and i am able to complete more sit ups y dont i have a six pack and keep in mind that i have been eating very little food and i am down to 9% body fat

First off, you probably are not 9% bf if you have no abs. You get abs about 10ish.

MMA_76 06-21-2007 01:26 AM

well i dont have a gut but they rnt like completely formed i gues

SnakePit 06-21-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA_76
well i dont have a gut but they rnt like completely formed i gues

weighted crunches and sit ups:thumbsup:

the real hitman 06-21-2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA_76
today at my muay thai class a new guy showed up and at the end of the class we did a sit up excercise where a pair of 2 ppl sit up at the same time and touch hands when u r up. the new guy picked me as my partner. he was able to complete about 12 or maybe 13 situps to failure. while i was waiting for him toward my 30th sit up it was obvious that i was stronger. but after the class he took off his shirt and had a six pack which i still do not have a six pack and am trying to get. the question is how does he have a six pack if he is the same height and about medium built as me and i am able to complete more sit ups y dont i have a six pack and keep in mind that i have been eating very little food and i am down to 9% body fat

Your a real man.

SteSteez 06-21-2007 05:25 AM

Every single normally functioning human being has ABdominal muscles.
Many people seem to think that just because someones ab muscles are visible this implies superior strength to those without abs.

The human body changes all the time, his metabolism rate may be superior to yours thus having the ability to burn more fat quicker than yourself.
Ane xample of this being my brother who eats junk food constantly throughout the day, smokes, drinks everything yet hes skinnier than myself and older than myself even though i train.
Just watch the world strongman competitions.... not one of those guys has a visible sixpack.

Alfromsleep 06-21-2007 11:37 AM

I've got a six-pack, it's just hiding underneath the fat!

pauly_j 06-21-2007 11:39 AM

I dumped the six pack and picked myself up a keg.

Salty22 06-21-2007 12:10 PM

im not after a six pack, i train to get my core and abs stronger mostly but if i need to get to 10% bodyfat im knackered.
i think im about 24% atm, this will take ages but its come down from 30% (i was so unfit before)

FightNight 06-21-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly_j
I dumped the six pack and picked myself up a keg.


yeah you got a six pack its just hiding behind your keg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2