Need a workout routine for Bigger Biceps... - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Strength & Power Training Discussion of strength training as part of your MMA conditioning program.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganDaBoxer View Post
I generally alternate between biceps and triceps every other day. Biceps on Mon, Weds and Fri, and triceps on Tues, Thurs, Sat.
LMAO, man no one jokes around like you anymore i'm glad you still have the spirit.
ThePatriot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA1291 View Post
Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum, I tried to search for this topic and the search thing didn't work right, but anyways, I am 17 years old, 6' 0", weighing 170 lbs, and I was wondering if anybody could help me out and give me a workout routine on building bigger biceps, well actually my whole upper arm area would be good, like biceps, triceps, and whatever else is up there. So if somebody could give me what kind of exercises, how many reps and sets, how many days a week and how many rest days that I should have. If somebody could help me out that would be really, really appreciated. Thanks!
Dont focus a workout on your arms especially so many times a week, Doing core exercises will build your arms and then by doing arms as a add on exercise can be useful.

For example this is what I do weights wise a week as mma takes a big part up.

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Biceps
Day 2 - Back , Traps, Triceps

My usual Workouts are
Day 1 - Squats, Bench Press, Incline flyes, Shoulder Press, Straight dumbell raises, concentration curls and close grip pull ups.

Day 2 - Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Wide grip pull ups, Shrugs, Weighted dips, tricep pushdown.

Usually with a 2 day break aswell as other training (BJJ, MMA, Boxing)

Dont just focus on arms a lot of young lads do that(not that im old only young myself) but having big arms wont make you strong.

(If i am way of the mark anyone let me know always want to improve.)
uksprawl is offline  
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun_Is_Champ View Post
Squats and Deads should do the trick.
for overall body work out most def
sully is offline  
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by uksprawl View Post
Dont focus a workout on your arms especially so many times a week, Doing core exercises will build your arms and then by doing arms as a add on exercise can be useful.

For example this is what I do weights wise a week as mma takes a big part up.

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Biceps
Day 2 - Back , Traps, Triceps

My usual Workouts are
Day 1 - Squats, Bench Press, Incline flyes, Shoulder Press, Straight dumbell raises, concentration curls and close grip pull ups.

Day 2 - Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Wide grip pull ups, Shrugs, Weighted dips, tricep pushdown.

Usually with a 2 day break aswell as other training (BJJ, MMA, Boxing)

Dont just focus on arms a lot of young lads do that(not that im old only young myself) but having big arms wont make you strong.

(If i am way of the mark anyone let me know always want to improve.)
No mate, you are one of few here who talk sense. However, I feel that you are doing too many of the big exercises on the same day. For example, I would NEVER do squats and deadlifts on the same day. You must feel dead after that day..

Why Do We Fall?
The Dark Knight is offline  
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
 
i have no problem doing squats and deadlifts on the same day...it's a great way to get a really good workout for your lower body
sully is offline  
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully View Post
i have no problem doing squats and deadlifts on the same day...it's a great way to get a really good workout for your lower body
You are working your entire body with squats and especially deadlifts. I reckon you'd do better splitting them up on different days.

If you have a 3 day workout split you should do deadlifts on 'Back' or 'Pulling' day. You'd benefit more from that. Trust me.

Why Do We Fall?
The Dark Knight is offline  
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 481
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You are working your entire body with squats and especially deadlifts. I reckon you'd do better splitting them up on different days.

If you have a 3 day workout split you should do deadlifts on 'Back' or 'Pulling' day. You'd benefit more from that. Trust me.
Who are you to tell him that? Do you experience/see the results he/she does? Nah, I'd just pipe it.
-GSP- is offline  
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 1,738
                     
My current bicep challenge: running 1/2 mile twice a week with 50 pound sandbag.



this has worked wonders so far. People wanna get diesel from weightlifting and reps. Best test for overall strength is muscular endurance.
Sekou is offline  
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekou View Post
My current bicep challenge: running 1/2 mile twice a week with 50 pound sandbag.



this has worked wonders so far. People wanna get diesel from weightlifting and reps. Best test for overall strength is muscular endurance.
No, the best test for endurance is endurance. The best test of strength is lifting heavt ass shit.
TheNegation is offline  
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 481
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekou View Post
My current bicep challenge: running 1/2 mile twice a week with 50 pound sandbag.



this has worked wonders so far. People wanna get diesel from weightlifting and reps. Best test for overall strength is muscular endurance.
Sorry, that isn't going to do shit for your biceps.
-GSP- is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome