What Are Your Strength Stats? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Strength & Power Training Discussion of strength training as part of your MMA conditioning program.

Reply

Old 11-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 323
Chris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished road
What Are Your Strength Stats?

I dont train to fight anymore but still lift/run/plyos to keep fit and strong.

I am curious to hear what your best numbers are for various lifts?

Mine are as follows (six feet one inch, 195 pound bodyweight, 33 years old) used to do TKD, kickboxing and a little judo back in the day but havent fought in a tourney in at least ten years.

deadlift - 405 (315 for 8 reps no belt or shirt)
squat - 340 (full depth no belt or wraps)
bench - 265 (weak I know)
standing press - 185

Cheers,
Chris
Chris32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: osawatomie, ks
Posts: 39
buckmas has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My Bio

Seth Buckman, five foot ten, 180 pounds, 16 years old, 17 inch arms.

Bench: 205
Squat: 315
Power Clean: 205
Push Press: 195
buckmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
doug_bush_72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Poppy

I am a 44 years "young", 5'8" tall and about 210 - 215 lbs. Lifts are as follows:

Bench - 370
Squat - 475
D.L. - 515
Clean and Jerk - 275

Tang soo do/ Chun Kuk Do are the arts I currently train in (3 classes/wk). Currently circuit train (ten exercises done as a superset, 3sets, with reps ranging from 30 down to 12, mixing in dead lifts, 5x5, once a week). I lift 2-3 time/wk depending on work schedule. I stretch every day, dynamic stretches in the morning and isometric 2-3 times/wk (mix in with work out). Ride mountain bike once/week and race dirt bikes on occasion.
doug_bush_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 323
Chris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished roadChris32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_bush_72
I am a 44 years "young", 5'8" tall and about 210 - 215 lbs. Lifts are as follows:

Bench - 370
Squat - 475
D.L. - 515
Clean and Jerk - 275

Tang soo do/ Chun Kuk Do are the arts I currently train in (3 classes/wk). Currently circuit train (ten exercises done as a superset, 3sets, with reps ranging from 30 down to 12, mixing in dead lifts, 5x5, once a week). I lift 2-3 time/wk depending on work schedule. I stretch every day, dynamic stretches in the morning and isometric 2-3 times/wk (mix in with work out). Ride mountain bike once/week and race dirt bikes on occasion.
you are a strong dude man, are those lifts raw?
Chris32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
16, 5'6" and 150lbs. I stopped lifting a little while ago, but I got back on the machines just to check it out.

Benchpress: 210
Squat: 340
Deadlift: 360
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
23,5'11 195... I played football from when i was 8-21.. I currently train in Kickboxing and BJJ.4 years of kickboxing, 4 months of BJJ

bench press 225 (12-15 reps) i dont max out, no point
squat 275 sets of 8..im weak at squats, i messed up my back in football
hang clean 225
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's

Last edited by jdun11 : 11-11-2006 at 12:18 PM.
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
hellbound has a little shameless behaviour in the past
23 years old

benchpress: 350-380
deadlift: 600
squat: havnt maxed but i wouldnt say im too weak

i lift without belts and shit.
hellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
doug_bush_72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris32
you are a strong dude man, are those lifts raw?
Yes, I lift raw except for a weight belt.
doug_bush_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
i've earned my stripes
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,989
T.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World Renown
I'm 21 years old, 6'2", 185 pounds currently. I Power Lifted in high school at 181, and still do to this day. I max out every 3 weeks to see progression/regression (if any).

I do a lot of other stuff as well (ex: Baseball, Football, Golf, BJJ, Kickboxing, Running A LOT, etc.) so I'm not bodybuilder-built...but if I were to compare my build to a fighter, I'm built pretty much like GSP. Just for a mental comparison. I'm really lean and defined - with low, LOW body fat.

I'll post my best in all 3 PL lifts.

At our meets, the order is as follows:

- Squat -- 515 lbs. (w/ squat suit & belt)

- Bench -- 370 lbs. (no bench shirt)

- Deadlift (my best lift) -- 560 lbs. (w/ squat suit & belt)

And just for reference...during my workout day that includes Hang Cleans, I do 4 sets of 8....building up to my last set, which is currently 265 lbs.
__________________
i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of

Last edited by T.B. : 11-14-2006 at 06:05 PM.
T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,810
cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREY B.
I'm 21 years old, 6'2", 185 pounds currently. I Power Lifted in high school at 181, and still do to this day. I max out every 3 weeks to see progression/regression (if any).

I do a lot of other stuff as well (ex: Baseball, Football, Golf, BJJ, Kickboxing, Running A LOT, etc.) so I'm not bodybuilder-built...but if I were to compare my build to a fighter, I'm built pretty much like GSP. Just for a mental comparison. I'm really lean and defined - with low, LOW body fat.

I'll post my best in all 3 PL lifts.

At our meets, the order is as follows:

- Squat -- 515 lbs. (w/ squat suit & belt)

- Bench -- 370 lbs. (no bench shirt)

- Deadlift (my best lift) -- 560 lbs. (w/ squat suit & belt)

And just for reference...during my workout day that includes Hang Cleans, I do 4 sets of 8....building up to my last set, which is currently 265 lbs.
So what state did you do your lifts in? Cause if these are true they would be state ranked at that weight class. Not starting a fight or anything but by the look of your pictures in the pic thread I don't see how you could do these poundages. 515 squat at 185?? I know a guy at my gym who was nationally ranked in the top 100 years back and his deadlift was around 690 but he's 260 or so.
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios