The best core workouts? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Strength & Power Training Discussion of strength training as part of your MMA conditioning program.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal View Post
Thats funny, you know I never saw anybody do that excersize before Fedor. I saw him in his promo video whacking the tire with a big sledgehammer. Everybodys doing it now, i wonder if Fedors camp were the first on that one?
I imagine Joe DeFranco was the first one to really put the sledgehammer stuff to use, but it was probably used a lot over the years by random people. That's a cool Fedor video though, for sure.




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,572
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
I imagine Joe DeFranco was the first one to really put the sledgehammer stuff to use, but it was probably used a lot over the years by random people. That's a cool Fedor video though, for sure.
Never heard of Joe defranco before so i looked him up. WOW!I wish I had this guy for a strength coach in younger days. now it would be too brutal.lol I posted his video so people could see some of this. Notice how much these are lifting and none of them are huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZYPGxQbno
jcal is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal View Post
Never heard of Joe defranco before so i looked him up. WOW!I wish I had this guy for a strength coach in younger days. now it would be too brutal.lol I posted his video so people could see some of this. Notice how much these are lifting and none of them are huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZYPGxQbno
Ya, DeFranco is the shit.




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome