I'm looking at my college schedule and the available MMA/Muay Thai gyms around the area, and things aren't looking too good. However, there is a Carlson Gracie BJJ gym 2 mins. away from my dorm, and another BJJ school that has a fellow college student I know who works there. So I might just have to stick to doing BJJ for the semester. If that is the case, then I'm really going to have to remember what I'm learning in Muay Thai right now, so I can at least practice it in shadow boxing.
My favorite Muay Thai techniques/combos to remember
- (Switch kicking sides up) 1, 2, 3, 4 + RK/LK
- 1, 2, body hook + RK
- Front teep + switch kick/knee + R cross, L hook, RK
- Roundhouse kick + side kick
- Jab + front elbow
- Intercept roundhouse w/ low leg kick
- Shuffle forward + back kick
- Savate-style rocking switch-back kick
Feint combos: (Remember to pause a half-beat after feint)
- Feint step LLK, jab + cross/RK
- Feint cross, left hook + RK/knee strike/body cross
- Feint axe kick/switch kick + back kick
- Feint right hook/overhand + left uppercut (Roy Jones Jr. KO style)
- Feint left hook + right cross
- Feint roundhouse (feint forward, then slide foot into position) + back kick
- Feint(miss) roundhouse (use the hips and let it fall across, expose your back) + side kick
Combos after blocks: (Speed - "Bang bang bang!")
- Block left hook -> L hook, R cross, L hook + RK
- Block right hook/loop cross -> R cross, L hook, R cross + LK
- Block left body hook -> L uppercut, R cross, L hook + RK
- Block right body hook -> R uppercut, L hook, R cross + LK
- Block roundhouse kick -> throw leg to opposite side + leg kick
- Block LLK -> LK, R cross, L hook + RK
- Block RLK -> RK(hop kick), L hook, R cross + LK
- Grab/scoop Teep -> throw leg + kick (inside or outside)
Bobbing & Weaving (KEEP EYES OPEN AFTER THE SLIP, HOLD ON THE DUCKING 'TILL 2nd SHOT COMES, KEEP FORWARD PRESSURE)
- Slip jab -> R cross, L hook, R cross (+ LK)
- Slip cross -> L hook, R cross, L hook (+ RK)
- Slip jab + duck right hook/cross -> L hook, R cross, L hook (+ RK)
- Slip cross + duck left hook -> R cross, L hook, R cross (+ LK)
- Duck left hook -> R cross, L hook, R cross (+ LK)
- Duck right hook -> L hook, R cross, L hook (+ RK)
"In fighting": (Cover TIGHT, create space & explode!)
- R body uppercut>>head uppercut + L hook
- L body uppercut>>head uppercut + R cross
- Clinch, knees, elbows, dumps & crossface shove + kick
Things I need to remember:
- Don't look at where you're punching, always keep eyes on opponent's center.
- Jab & Cross, keep them linear as possible, and snap quickly.
- Pressure forward when attacking, don't flinch, and retreat after your combo!
- KEEP OTHER HAND UP WHILE PUNCHING OR COACH WILL KEEP HITTING YOU
- Add feints into any combo, make the feint believable with grunting, expression, etc.
- Multiple jabs, multiple kicks, happy coach.
- It's all about the sway and rhythm.
I've said it before but it deserves repeating, "Theres 3 guarantees in life, death, Fedor, and bitches be crazy" .
Last edited by SurfNinja; 01-18-2008 at 05:35 AM.