MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Training & Nutrition (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/)
- - MMAForum.com's Grand Training Facility Directory (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/11098-mmaforum-coms-grand-training-facility-directory.html)
MMAForum.com's Grand Training Facility Directory
Hello All! Well, after taking some time to gather up some money and doing some research, I found myself a place to train and I’ve completed my first week in. I must say that I’ve never knew that the aftermath of 2 rounds of Jumping Rope would be sore legs for the rest of the week. But I digress...
As I’ve noticed, many newer posters have come in looking for places (or suggestions on places) to train. As we now have 13,560+ members (and that is constantly growing) some of us who train in the Martial Arts, and some of us are looking for a place to train. Because of that, I thought it would be best to create a central place that all of us can use to look up Dojos, Gyms, and Training Centers. So if you currently train, please let us know where you train, and other information. In fact you can copy and paste the template I have below and just fill in the blanks. Most of it should be self-explanatory. Even so, I’ve left instructions.
1) Do not post pricing schedules. This is not always available online, and the choice to make that information available is up to the individual training facilities. Let’s respect that decision.
2) Do not blast any of the training facilities or any of the styles listed. Any posts of that type will be deleted and the poster will be warned. Please be open minded enough to respect the arts/styles that your other forum-goers are studying. If you have a real issue with a given style or facility, open a topic in either the Standup or Grappling sub-forums. This topic is not meant to be a breeding ground for flames or insipid “TMA vs. MMA” debates.
3) Do not request information on any particular training facility by posting in this topic. Any posts doing so will be deleted. If you do have a question that you want a particular poster to answer about their training facility, PM the poster for it. I want this thread to be simply a directory, nothing else.
4) Do not start threads about “training stories” in this topic. Any posts of that type will be deleted. It doesn’t matter if the story is positive or derogatory. Again, this topic will be used as a directory, nothing else.
5) Do not post any personal information on any members or instructors of your training facility in this thread. Doing so will get your post deleted, and a warning. This should be common sense. I for one would not want my personal info out on the forums for everyone to see.
With that said, let’s get this started shall we? If you need clarification on anything, please feel free to PM me. Just click on my username and it should become easy from there. Cheers!
Facility Name: International Martial Arts and Boxing (IMB) Academy
Location: Torrance, CA
Website URL: Click here to be taken to the homepage
Phone Number(s): Phone: (310)787-8793 Fax: (310)787-8795
Style(s) Taught: Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, Boxing, Kali/Escrima/Arnis, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Catch Wrestling
Instructor(s): Richard S. Bustillo, Bruce S., Marcelo Cavalcanti
1st Session (Tryout) is Free. Membership is handled on a monthly billing cycle (no pre-set contracts of 6 or 12 months). The facility has a huge matted general training area, weight room, full boxing/MT ring.
Richard S. Bustillo is one of the few verifiable students of Bruce Lee, and approaches the teaching of JKD by addressing combat in 3 ranges: Long (Weapons), Medium (Kicking and Punching) and Close (Grappling). There are individual class sessions focusing solely on primary range skills, and the general JKD to begin "tying the skills together" so that each student can develope their own JKD style.
Facility Name: UKS (United Karate Studio)
Location: Dalton, Georgia 30721
Phone Number(s): (706) 226-3318
Style(s) Taught: Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing
Instructor(s): Andy Foster (bodogFIGHT fighter)
Miscellaneous: Mondays are boxing day for Jiu-Jitsu classes, making it a more rounded training regimen. On the first day of Boxing, you are required to spar in the ring regardless of your experience in the stand up game. This class is seperate from the traditional boxing class, which is taught with a better emphasis on technique.
Facility Name: Joe Diamond Mixed Martial Arts Academy
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website URL: Welcome to The Atlantic City Mixed Martial Arts Academy Website - Joe Diamond Philadelphia Atlantic City
Phone Number(s): Will post shortly
Style(s) Taught: Siam Muay Thai, Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Instructor(s): Joe Diamond, Anthony Morrison, Rick Polley, Tim Ragusa
1st Session (Tryout) is Free.
Monday: 7 P.M. - 9 P.M. (Jiu-Jitsu)
Tuesday: 6:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. (Muay Thai)
7:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M. (Jiu-Jitsu)
Wednesday: Open Mat & MMA (all members) 7 P.M. - 9 P.M.
Thursday: 6:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. (Muay Thai)
7:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M. (Jiu-Jitsu)
Saturday: Open Mat & MMA (all members) 2 P.M. - 4 P.M.
Hayastan MMA Academy
Well... Doesn't look like too many actually train anywhere... So let me add some info on facilities in the LA/Hollywood are of California.
Facility Name: Hayastan MMA Academy
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Website URL: Official Website of Gokor Chivichyan - Hayastan MMA Academy
Phone Number(s): Phone 818-985-4656 Fax: 818-994-8466
Style(s) Taught: Judo, Sambo, JuJitsu, and Wrestling
Instructor(s): Not Listed
Miscellaneous: Tuition organized in 3 month, 6 month, 1 year and 2 year contracts. Open/per session fees also available.
John Machado BJJ Academy in Culver City, CA
Facility Name: John Machado BJJ Academy
Location: Culver City, CA
Website URL: John Machado Insider
Phone Number(s): 310-863-8364
Style(s) Taught: Machado BJJ
Instructor(s): Not listed
Facility Name:Eastern Freestyle Karate & Fitness
Website URL:Eastern Freestyle Karate in Reading, Massachusetts, Childrens martial arts and elite Fitness Programs
Styles Taught:Eastern Freestyle Karate is a combination system. It is based on Japanese Shotokan karate, with heavy influences coming from other arts such as Kyokushin Kai, Jui-jitsu, Tae-Kwon-Do, and Aiki-Do.
Instructors:Gary R. Meyer (5th Degree / Shihan),Nick Cefalo (3rd Degree / Sensei),Danielle Meyer (2nd Degree / Sensei),Andrew Doran (Sempai (3rd Degree),Julia McQuade (3rd Degree / Sempai).
Miscellaneous: Free introductory lesson and a free 1month trial
Gauntlet Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Facility Name:Gauntlet Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Main Instructor:Wander Braga
Classes:Mon-Thurs 6:30-8:00 PM (Wed No-Gi)
Tues, Thurs, Sat 7:30-9:00 AM
Facility Name: Studio 911
Phone Number(s): I dont know, ill check next time.
Style(s) Taught: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu
Instructor(s): Anthony Tullo
Facility Name: Cahill's Dojo
Location: San Bruno, Ca
Website URL: http://www.dawave.com/
Phone Number(s): (650) 589-0724
Style(s) Taught: Judo, Jujitsu
Instructor(s): Willy Cahill & Mike Pechina
Facility Name: Lama's Kenpo Karate
Location: San Bruno, CA
Website URL: http://www.reydiogo.com/affiliates.htm
Phone Number(s): 650.296.5597
Style(s) Taught: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, kempo
Instructor(s): Oliver Reich
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.