MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Training & Nutrition (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/)
-   -   views on the caveman diet (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/141201-views-caveman-diet.html)

americanfighter 09-03-2013 03:33 AM

views on the caveman diet
 
well Almost a year after my stroke I think i am ready to some relatively serious woking out again. I gained about 30 pounds of weight as I was relatively sedentary even though I was working my left side in rehab. I am looking for a good diet to get on so I can shread the weight and pack on the muscle that I lost originally I was looking at a gluten free diet then the caveman diet caught my eye (still gluten free but with different guidelines)

Does anyone have any experiance with the cave man diet or know someone that has experince with the caveman diet? could you please tell me your experiences?

Thanks AF

HexRei 09-03-2013 10:36 AM

I have done paleo for several years. It's not necessarily a weight loss diet, but avoiding grains, beans, and refined sugar does effectively cut a lot of empty calories out of your meals, so it definitely can be. Some people have problems with it because all of a sudden you can't eat the bun with your burger or the rice with your stir fry and culturally we are pretty heavily indoctrinated into eating that stuff. It's a little weird at first, making tuna salad and then eating it with a fork instead of in a sandwich, but you get used to it.

You eat a lot of meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts, which is awesome, and when you're sidestepping all those carbs you can eat a lot more without worry. I cook with bacon grease regularly, which sounds like it should be really unhealthy, but my resting heart rate and blood pressure are considerably better than before I went paleo. I also cheat though, because I can't give up cheese :)

Over all I think it's actually a relatively easy diet to adhere to, since you still have a lot of delicious options, and you feel pretty damn good to boot. Go for it!

Life B Ez 09-03-2013 12:32 PM

Been paleo/primal about a year. Switched when I hit a plateau and couldn't continue to reach my goals. Lost about 20lbs and feels amazing. Added some serious strength as well without any kind of protein or workout shakes.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

americanfighter 09-03-2013 10:30 PM

thanks guys how did you get in to it

No_Mercy 09-04-2013 06:44 AM

The above two obviously have experience. For me sadly it's about budgeting. I eat mostly organic veggies and fruits. I definitely feel the difference especially when I'm flushing out my system. Mentally, it could be a placebo effect, but I really feel a lot sharper when I eat Kale and tons of fruits for breakfast. It should be an add on. I try to stay away from red meats and focus on poultry and fish.

The Paleo diet is one step further. I believe that humans were meant to be vegetarians based on our anatomical structure. If you look at Gorillas look at how big they are and what do they eat. Besides insects, mostly plants and fruits. Yet they're as strong as 10 men. Also unlike carnivorous animals our jaws don't unhinge and we don't have fangs/canines at least not anymore. I'm not sure if I can ever go full out vegetarian, but I have considered it.

Treat your body well.

americanfighter 09-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_Mercy (Post 2265505)
The above two obviously have experience. For me sadly it's about budgeting. I eat mostly organic veggies and fruits. I definitely feel the difference especially when I'm flushing out my system. Mentally, it could be a placebo effect, but I really feel a lot sharper when I eat Kale and tons of fruits for breakfast. It should be an add on. I try to stay away from red meats and focus on poultry and fish.

The Paleo diet is one step further. I believe that humans were meant to be vegetarians based on our anatomical structure. If you look at Gorillas look at how big they are and what do they eat. Besides insects, mostly plants and fruits. Yet they're as strong as 10 men. Also unlike carnivorous animals our jaws don't unhinge and we don't have fangs/canines at least not anymore. I'm not sure if I can ever go full out vegetarian, but I have considered it.

Treat your body well.

from what i read they eat meat too I could be wrong but not a whole lot

Life B Ez 09-04-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanfighter (Post 2265929)
from what i read they eat meat too I could be wrong but not a whole lot

Paleo includes meat and eggs. No dairy or grain.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

americanfighter 09-04-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 2265953)
Paleo includes meat and eggs. No dairy or grain.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

thanks thats what i thought

Sairec 12-24-2013 01:13 AM

According to me if there is something which we call diet is this caveman thing,I have been through for sometime and i must say this is something really good because it has a good impact if someones does it in the right way.


Physical therapy Emrnews

Joanna88 12-24-2013 02:18 AM

This information is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2