MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Training & Nutrition (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/)
-   -   Snacks (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/14516-snacks.html)

Turner 05-21-2007 10:08 PM

Snacks
 
Whenever i have some down time i usualy grab something to eat but unfortunately most of the time its like goldfish or some other type of cracker which is probably real shitty for me. Anyone have any suggestions for snack food that isn't bad for you and tastes good and can hold you over til lunch/dinner? i like peaches and apples but they're getting old

EastPhilly 05-21-2007 10:37 PM

Any fruits or veges. Eat Spinach leaves or lettuce leaves. Eat them like chips.

linkster01 05-21-2007 11:32 PM

Beef/turkey jerky, almonds, protein shakes, fruits, cottage cheese. Check labels and get creative :thumbsup:

wukkadb 05-21-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkster01
Beef/turkey jerky, almonds, protein shakes, fruits, cottage cheese. Check labels and get creative :thumbsup:

good advice. i also suggest healthy cereals, avocados, tuna, trail mix, hummus, peanut butter

linkster01 05-22-2007 07:24 PM

mmmmm-peanutbutter, if I didnt have any self control I could possibly eat a whole jar in one sitting.:laugh:

Chunkyluv360 05-22-2007 08:58 PM

Protein bars and cereals like they said. Beef Jerky isnt bad either.


Stay away from Peanut butter. Hight in Protein but even higher in fat!

wukkadb 05-22-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkyluv360
Protein bars and cereals like they said. Beef Jerky isnt bad either.


Stay away from Peanut butter. Hight in Protein but even higher in fat!

Peanut Butter is good for you, you just have to eat the healthy kind.

VinceD 05-22-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkster01
Beef/turkey jerky, almonds, protein shakes, fruits, cottage cheese. Check labels and get creative :thumbsup:

Yes, I am going to have to agree with you about the jerky. Jerky is one thing that is a good source of protein for people who are looking for a good diet. I will usually go for a full bag of it which is about half of a full days worth of the amount of protein that your body should have. Also I like to eat raw veggies with some ranch dip and other things like that.:thumb03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wukkadb
Peanut Butter is good for you, you just have to eat the healthy kind.

You are right also. Peanut butter is a good source of protein also. The fresh kind is the best, you know, the one that has the oil on the top is the most fresh. Or you can always make your own. Grind up some peanuts in a blender and gradually add some olive oil. Simple and good for you. :thumb01:

Chunkyluv360 05-22-2007 11:23 PM

Peanut butter is good to bulk up but its not something you should eat daily. The fat (even in the healthy kind) is off the charts. If you are already ripped there is no point on eathing it anymore.

wukkadb 05-23-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkyluv360
Peanut butter is good to bulk up but its not something you should eat daily. The fat (even in the healthy kind) is off the charts. If you are already ripped there is no point on eathing it anymore.

Peanut Butter on toast or an english muffin or even an apple 2-4 times a week is a GOOD snack for you, in my opinion.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2