5X5 Training - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 07-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 87
dubya has a little shameless behaviour in the past
see heres what I don't get, I see a couple of you saying that 3x12 or 3x10 workouts aren't good for MMA or strength training. I will disagree with you somewhat because I use this but also include some 3x8 training. The reason I disagree with you is because I think that what REALLY matters is what exercises your doing. If your doing isolation movement for any workout is bad for MMA it doesn't matter if your doing 5x1 or 3x12-15. If your doing BODYWEIGHT exercises which I tend to use a lot in my training they are all compound movement which is what really matters in MMA, teaching your body to move as one unit and not a bunch of pieces. Exercises like pullups or chinups work wonders for pulling strength also dips and don't forget burpees! CORE EXERCISES try a seated dumbbell rotation, with the right weight and when done properly you can do a lot of reps and it really strengthens your hips and basically your entire core which is the main body "section" used in MMA, striking, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, judo all comes from strong hip movement.

Another point im going to make is that I see a lot of people on here that focus too much on weight lifting, you can be as big or strong as you want and have the most fancy training routine but if you can't fight none of that matters at all! you can't win fights in the weight room....
__________________
Supporting...

Fedor Emelianenko
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
George St.Pierre
Sam Stout
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson
Cory MacDonald

'08 Road To Victory
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya
see heres what I don't get, I see a couple of you saying that 3x12 or 3x10 workouts aren't good for MMA or strength training. I will disagree with you somewhat because I use this but also include some 3x8 training. The reason I disagree with you is because I think that what REALLY matters is what exercises your doing. If your doing isolation movement for any workout is bad for MMA it doesn't matter if your doing 5x1 or 3x12-15.
Ummm sorry, but it does matter what how many reps you do and how many sets you do, as well as the weight you are using. It makes all the difference in the world, they do different things.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 87
dubya has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation
Ummm sorry, but it does matter what how many reps you do and how many sets you do, as well as the weight you are using. It makes all the difference in the world, they do different things.
oh sorry, how much do you charge fighters who want you to be their personal trainer? you must be in demand anyways that wasn't my point if you were paying attention...what I said was that it doesn't matter if your doing 5x1 or 3x20 if you cannot fight because your focusing too much on weight lifting none of that will matter, your not being judged on how much you can bench or deadlift, your in a combat sport...If this is your take then maybe you should be a bodybuilder.

Im just wondering why I see more people so concerned about their weight training programs and not skill training which is what makes you a fighter in the first place
__________________
Supporting...

Fedor Emelianenko
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
George St.Pierre
Sam Stout
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson
Cory MacDonald

'08 Road To Victory
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya
oh sorry, how much do you charge fighters who want you to be their personal trainer? you must be in demand anyways that wasn't my point if you were paying attention...what I said was that it doesn't matter if your doing 5x1 or 3x20 if you cannot fight because your focusing too much on weight lifting none of that will matter, your not being judged on how much you can bench or deadlift, your in a combat sport...If this is your take then maybe you should be a bodybuilder.

Im just wondering why I see more people so concerned about their weight training programs and not skill training which is what makes you a fighter in the first place
Alright............
Shut the **** up you retard.
First of all that isn't what you said. You made that point after your original point, at theend of your post. Hence the 'Anotherpoint I am going to make...' line.
Maybe I should be apersonal trainer....there seems to be enough idiots like you who don't know shit.

If you don't know that certain repitions of exercises work for strength, some for hypertrophy and some endurance, STFU.
''see heres what I don't get, I see a couple of you saying that 3x12 or 3x10 workouts aren't good for MMA or strength training. I will disagree with you somewhat because I use this but also include some 3x8 training.'' Your exact words.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 87
dubya has a little shameless behaviour in the past
exactly, I said I disagree SOMEWHAT because I use the 3x8-12 a lot and I have experienced quite an increase in strength. ANY form of exercise will make you stronger in some way. You cannot say that doing a few more reps with a couple less sets really makes THAT big of a difference...Your more of a moron for cussing and going on like a idiot on the internet. Chill out, people have different views. If people believed and went by what everyone else said then you woould have a world of ordinary people because we would all be the same, You do not have the right to tell me what I believe is wrong nor do I. This kind of discussion does not belong on an internet forum...
__________________
Supporting...

Fedor Emelianenko
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
George St.Pierre
Sam Stout
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson
Cory MacDonald

'08 Road To Victory
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya
exactly, I said I disagree SOMEWHAT because I use the 3x8-12 a lot and I have experienced quite an increase in strength. ANY form of exercise will make you stronger in some way. You cannot say that doing a few more reps with a couple less sets really makes THAT big of a difference...Your more of a moron for cussing and going on like a idiot on the internet. Chill out, people have different views. If people believed and went by what everyone else said then you woould have a world of ordinary people because we would all be the same, You do not have the right to tell me what I believe is wrong nor do I. This kind of discussion does not belong on an internet forum...
You are an idiot. You increase strength with less than or five reps, 8 to 12 is for bodybuilders and people who want to look good. Do some reading.

If I think you are a retard and you need to shut the **** up, I willtell you are a retard and you need to shut the **** up.

It's not like I came in here cussing, I had to wait for you to do something stupid like act like a sarcastic little bitch when I simply corrected you.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 87
dubya has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ok, you know everything im done with this convo.
__________________
Supporting...

Fedor Emelianenko
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
George St.Pierre
Sam Stout
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson
Cory MacDonald

'08 Road To Victory
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya
ok, you know everything im done with this convo.
No, I just don't offer my opinion on stuff I know **** all about, thus giving that impression.
Now piss off and educate youself.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios