hello my name is John and im hoping this forum will become a second home.
A new MMA gym has opened up in town and i have always been interested in professional fighting.
Ive been told that I should try fighting (by people that dont really know what they are talking about though)
ive pumped iron since middle school (and im sure it has stunted my height)
I am 19 years old, 5'5" and 143 pounds.
with no martial arts experience.
what I am basically wondering is
1. can i consider MMA fighting without a martial arts background? nothing amazing or professional, but smaller events.
2. are there any fighters fighting without the background, or close to?
3. if i show up at the gym are they going to wonder why i showed up without a background?
4. will i completely get worked over by someone with many years of ninjitsu over what would be my "brawler" style.
5. how many years of a martial art(s) would i need to be even with others competing on average?
I have read a few similar posts and people ask about the persons drive. this is the reason i still consider fighting viable. my drive. you could put me under your hood of your pickup truck. I dont stop, I dont quit.
no smart, one word replies please.