Tip of the day thread. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14
teachme has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemelya
ALSO; there mostly are no bruises , l:
Bruising is internal bleeding and yes if you hit them hard enough so it makes the "bloody pee-pee" then there is almost always (if not every time) bruising even though its not visible on the skin.
teachme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Cartheron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,968
Cartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist
Yeah, I highly recommend everyone here find a good yoga instructor. We are always looking for a different way to work out right?
That or a Graham technique teacher. You find a good teacher and work hard you will have some shithot core stability. Flexibilty, control and strength in your limbs come as an added bonus.
__________________
Fav. Fighters
Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
Ken "You got kicked. By a kick." Shamrock

WAR The CroCop!

I could care less = you care

I couldn't care less = you don't care
Cartheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 244
Cyclist is an unknown quantity at this pointCyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone done pilates yet?
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,810
cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Eat your Bananas

Benefits of Eating Bananas


Bananas are a great food for all round health benefits, for the average person, dieter or even athletes bananas may provide greater benefits than most fruits. The combination of carbohydrates and B vitamins present in a banana helps provide an energy boost which makes them great to eat 30 minutes before a workout, or even at breakfast to help boost energy at the start of every day.


Bananas are not only a good source of B vitamins they also contain vitamin C, A and high levels of potassium. The natural fiber in bananas also contribute to the many health benefits listed below.

Health benefits of eating banana:

healthy bowels

cardiovascular health

protection from stokes

protection from ulcers

improve blood pressure

may boost mood

boost energy

help reduce water retention <------------BIGGY




Bananas and losing weight

Bananas may be one of the best fruits to eat when attempting to lose weight. They are full of nutrients for increased energy and vitality. Bananas are also low in calories and fat, plus they have a high water content and potassium levels. A diet high in potassium* foods and lower in sodium-loaded processed foods can help reduce water weight.
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
UseOf_A_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, VA... gross.
Posts: 920
UseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura about
if you like yoga give pilates a shot. helped me loads.

tip:

Stretch AT LEAST twice a day, every day- whether you are training or have the day off. flexibility is important and you can lose flexibility in as little as a few days. if its been more than a week since you've stretched then you aren't as limber as you were before that break- whether you feel it or not.
UseOf_A_Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
UseOf_A_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, VA... gross.
Posts: 920
UseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
Benefits of Eating Bananas


Bananas are a great food for all round health benefits, for the average person, dieter or even athletes bananas may provide greater benefits than most fruits. The combination of carbohydrates and B vitamins present in a banana helps provide an energy boost which makes them great to eat 30 minutes before a workout, or even at breakfast to help boost energy at the start of every day.


Bananas are not only a good source of B vitamins they also contain vitamin C, A and high levels of potassium. The natural fiber in bananas also contribute to the many health benefits listed below.

Health benefits of eating banana:

healthy bowels

cardiovascular health

protection from stokes

protection from ulcers

improve blood pressure

may boost mood

boost energy

help reduce water retention <------------BIGGY




Bananas and losing weight

Bananas may be one of the best fruits to eat when attempting to lose weight. They are full of nutrients for increased energy and vitality. Bananas are also low in calories and fat, plus they have a high water content and potassium levels. A diet high in potassium* foods and lower in sodium-loaded processed foods can help reduce water weight.

excellent info and very true. tired of eating loads of bananas? try mangoes. they actually have more potassium, a similar amount of fiber and loads of vitamins A,E and D.

I won't leave a list as long as cabby's but suffice to say that when it comes to nutrition, even your snacks are important.
UseOf_A_Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Cartheron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,968
Cartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist
Has anyone done pilates yet?
Graham technique is like a hardcore version of Pilates. ;] But Pilates in itself is very useful, even more so if you are recovering from an injury. The hard thing is finding a good teacher and place with adequate facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseOf_A_Weapon
if you like yoga give pilates a shot. helped me loads.

tip:

Stretch AT LEAST twice a day, every day- whether you are training or have the day off. flexibility is important and you can lose flexibility in as little as a few days. if its been more than a week since you've stretched then you aren't as limber as you were before that break- whether you feel it or not.
You won't lose muscular flexibility in a few days. It takes quite a while for you to lose a significant amount of flexibilty. At least longer than a week. You lose Cardio and strength faster than flexibility. I've even noticed that taking a week off stretching (I'm talking about stretching to make muscles longer, not maintenance stretching you should do after/before exercise as part of a normal workout) has been beneficial to my muscles by allowing them to strengthen and recover at their current length before resuming a stretching routine.
__________________
Fav. Fighters
Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
Ken "You got kicked. By a kick." Shamrock

WAR The CroCop!

I could care less = you care

I couldn't care less = you don't care
Cartheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
UseOf_A_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, VA... gross.
Posts: 920
UseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura about
true enough i guess... but what im saying is if you stretch regularly and then say you get sick or something or just decide to lay around the house for a day, you defintely arent going to be as flexible. i dont know about you, but if im on a plane or something where i'm sitting for an a couple hours at a time by the time i get off i'd have to warm up stretch for a good 15-20 min before i could do splits which i can usually do at a moments notice. but yes, i probably over stressed it. i tend to do that. the idea is: stretch. flexibility is your friend.
UseOf_A_Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Cartheron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,968
Cartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He CrossesCartheron Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseOf_A_Weapon
true enough i guess... but what im saying is if you stretch regularly and then say you get sick or something or just decide to lay around the house for a day, you defintely arent going to be as flexible. i dont know about you, but if im on a plane or something where i'm sitting for an a couple hours at a time by the time i get off i'd have to warm up stretch for a good 15-20 min before i could do splits which i can usually do at a moments notice. but yes, i probably over stressed it. i tend to do that. the idea is: stretch. flexibility is your friend.
Oh definately. People always neglect stretching. Especially hamstrings and lower back, notably the more difficult areas to stretch, that take the longest to improve srength and flexibilty. Normally on a rest day I won't do anything, I like to give my body time to recover. Though I am naturally hypermobile in my hips and back so aslong as I do some maintenance stretching for my muscles I am fine. Strength to control the flexibility is the harder part. ¬_¬

Being on a plane is pants for your circulation nevermind your flexibility. I ain't surprised you have to warm up after being on one. Some people have trouble walking. xD
__________________
Fav. Fighters
Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
Ken "You got kicked. By a kick." Shamrock

WAR The CroCop!

I could care less = you care

I couldn't care less = you don't care
Cartheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
UseOf_A_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, VA... gross.
Posts: 920
UseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura aboutUseOf_A_Weapon has a spectacular aura about
never bothers my circulation. i take a 500mg Niacin tab when i get on the plane and a B complex when i get off (helps rid you of jet lag in most cases). Niacin is just fun. i love the flush you get right after you take it. i take it to keep circulation in my extremeties on planes as my feet and hands drop in temp. pretty severely- they get so cold they hurt and my arthritis starts acting up.
UseOf_A_Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios