Time of day? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 10-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Time of day?

I fight, but I also have to have a day job, like most people.
So I can't just take the whole day to train for weeks or over a month before a fight, I have to fit it in with a full time job and a son.

Do you find that a certain time of the day is better for you???

I like to get my workouts in as early in the morning as possible, seems to work best for me and actually gets me pumped for working all day.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-09-2006, 05:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
spearsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New City, NY
Posts: 268
spearsoldier has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
I fight, but I also have to have a day job, like most people.
So I can't just take the whole day to train for weeks or over a month before a fight, I have to fit it in with a full time job and a son.

Do you find that a certain time of the day is better for you???

I like to get my workouts in as early in the morning as possible, seems to work best for me and actually gets me pumped for working all day.
Managable, but I would get rid of the son and the job, work a part time shift, and live in the gym. Makes more sense. Have your priorities straightened first man.
spearsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Train in what time works for you, but when you train, train hard. If you push yourself to the edge in training, then the time really doesn't matter that much.

I find that people train when they're comfortable. I run in the mornings and spar in the afternoons, and that works for me.

I would suggest going to the gym twice a day, maybe once in the evening, but that really depends on what you can do. I don't have to juggle a kid, so it may be a little more complicated.
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
BlondBlomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: right next door to somone
Posts: 26
BlondBlomber has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have 2 kids, whom are way more important than mma. Get that said first. But i also have a wife and a full time job that is physically stressful. I train in the evenings, and on the weekends. I train hard, real hard. My warm up is harder than some peoples whole routine
__________________
_____________________________________________

Look at me Mom!, I'm on top of the food chain!
BlondBlomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Combat_HapKiDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 127
Combat_HapKiDo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondBlomber
I have 2 kids, whom are way more important than mma. Get that said first. But i also have a wife and a full time job that is physically stressful. I train in the evenings, and on the weekends. I train hard, real hard. My warm up is harder than some peoples whole routine
I'm exactly the same. I have two kids and a wife who are the most important things in my life. Both of my kids train in Chito-Ryu Karate with me (they both are orange belts now) and when they get a bit older I'm going to get them to start training in hapkido as well.

I also train in the evenings and on the weekends because that works best for me. I used to train in the mornings but that was too tough for me to pull off - for some reason, getting up at 4:30 AM lost its appeal to me after a while. Anyway, my Hapkido and Karate classes are in the evenings as well and its not good to yo-yo back and forth with early nights and late nights. It screws up your circadian rhythm too much.
Combat_HapKiDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondBlomber
I have 2 kids, whom are way more important than mma. Get that said first. But i also have a wife and a full time job that is physically stressful. I train in the evenings, and on the weekends. I train hard, real hard. My warm up is harder than some peoples whole routine

lol yeah, I don't have dreams of being in the UFC or anything, I do it because its fun and I get out aggression, my kid is WAY more important.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_HapKiDo
I'm exactly the same. I have two kids and a wife who are the most important things in my life. Both of my kids train in Chito-Ryu Karate with me (they both are orange belts now) and when they get a bit older I'm going to get them to start training in hapkido as well.

I also train in the evenings and on the weekends because that works best for me. I used to train in the mornings but that was too tough for me to pull off - for some reason, getting up at 4:30 AM lost its appeal to me after a while. Anyway, my Hapkido and Karate classes are in the evenings as well and its not good to yo-yo back and forth with early nights and late nights. It screws up your circadian rhythm too much.

Thats awesome you've got them in there at a really young age, my dad did that for me I was in Kempo from when I was 8 and on.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios