I need help with training,anything that will improve my skill,strength,and endurance - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:27 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12
 
No title

I too do not wish to sound mean, but stating that you want to be in the UFC before even training, or stepping into the ring, is an absolute joke, like saying i want to be in the NHL without ever seeing ice. I did tae kwon do when i was younger aswell, and only about a year ago switched over to BJJ and muay thai, and let me tell you its a whole different world. Unfortunately tae kwon do is pretty useless my friend. Also before you've overcome the fear, and dealt with the nerves of stepping into a ring fighting a NHB fight, you cant say stupid things like you want to be in the UFC, theres more to the sport than simply looking cool for the cameras after a big win, i suggest you aim low before you outright say you want to be in the ufc buddy.
GrishkaD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 238
                     
Try out kick boxing. Its good and thats what I plan on getting into.

Favorite Fighter
Nate Marquardt
Chuck Liddell
Flaw is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Franktown, Kentucky!!!!!
Posts: 145
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrishkaD
I too do not wish to sound mean, but stating that you want to be in the UFC before even training, or stepping into the ring, is an absolute joke, like saying i want to be in the NHL without ever seeing ice. I did tae kwon do when i was younger aswell, and only about a year ago switched over to BJJ and muay thai, and let me tell you its a whole different world. Unfortunately tae kwon do is pretty useless my friend. Also before you've overcome the fear, and dealt with the nerves of stepping into a ring fighting a NHB fight, you cant say stupid things like you want to be in the UFC, theres more to the sport than simply looking cool for the cameras after a big win, i suggest you aim low before you outright say you want to be in the ufc buddy.


Ok dude you have totally misunderstood me, I have been training for about a year now, I just need more help, its not like I dont have a plan or anything I have planned to get to my black belt in tae kwon do then continue some and move on to bjj, while im doing bjj i figured ill throw in a little kickboxing...And I always aim high, I will feel pretty bad if I dont make it, so that reality keeps me going!!! And my tae kwon do instructor has us spar, ALOT!!! I know it is diff in tae kwon do and in a class with nothing to lose, but i am getting the hang of fighting someone else, so please dont make comments like that unless you have some background info.

ps. i dont care about looking good in front of a stupid camera, to me it is not about the fame, i wouldnt mind if they did not air even one of my fights, as long as I get to get in the octagon and whoop some serious butt!!!!!

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, who
teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight." - Psalm 144:1
jcmeagher is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 227
 
Quote:
Ok dude you have totally misunderstood me, I have been training for about a year now, I just need more help, its not like I dont have a plan or anything I have planned to get to my black belt in tae kwon do then continue some and move on to bjj, while im doing bjj i figured ill throw in a little kickboxing...And I always aim high, I will feel pretty bad if I dont make it, so that reality keeps me going!!! And my tae kwon do instructor has us spar, ALOT!!! I know it is diff in tae kwon do and in a class with nothing to lose, but i am getting the hang of fighting someone else, so please dont make comments like that unless you have some background info.

ps. i dont care about looking good in front of a stupid camera, to me it is not about the fame, i wouldnt mind if they did not air even one of my fights, as long as I get to get in the octagon and whoop some serious butt!!!!!
I think you misunderstood him. He wasn't knocking you for dreaming of the UFC...he was knocking you for deciding too fast. How could you know that you love to be in a ring, in front of a crowd, getting your face messed up unless you've actually been in the situation. It's like dreaming of the honor the military has to offer, then actually participating in a war. You start out eager to serve your country, to spill blood for your country, and you end up never wanting to see blood again. People change with experience.
EDIT: American Soldier Explains the War - Google Video
That's just one example. You can watch the whole thing, but the thing I want you to see is 17:45 and on. I just found this video 30 minutes ago. Just remember that not everything is for everyone. (This is an American Soldier who regrets participating in Iraq. Not because he was scared, but because the sins committed there. He saw dreams of becoming a great soldier, but...he felt terrible about himself and what he did to the innocent people.)

I'm going to say this again, though: Money is essential to becoming a good fighter, in modern society. You could always move to the wild and go all out like Mas Oyama or other ancient warriors. I doubt you'd do that though, lol.

Oh and all TKD places spar. Some spar a lot, some scarcely. But it's all in vain unless you all spar full-contact.

Last edited by Trainee; 01-07-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Trainee is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Franktown, Kentucky!!!!!
Posts: 145
 
I dont care about getting my face smashed or smashing someone else's, I know that sounds kinda barbaric, buts its true... As long as I know that we respect each other and will respect each other after one of us gets beat im ok with smashing his face or him smashing mine... And I am one of those people that is wanting and would be proud to serve in the military, I know the consequences and what could happen to me, One of my best friends from my church went to war for a year and explained it in detail... One day they where sitting in thier little tent minding their own buisness (they had a little free time) when a few people threw a grenade into their tent, so they got out and he had to kill two of them, right there he witnessed two lives taken off the planet forever, it messed him up pretty bad, he just broke down, and he still has flashbacks of what went down, but he is proud of the way he served and I would be proud wether I kill anyone or not, it is for my country and their country, so if I have to pick off a couple bad guys to help them and us, even though it could mess me up and I would really regret it I am willing to do it for my country.

Ps. I do beleive he said, and I quote "but stating that you want to be in the UFC before even training, or stepping into the ring, is an absolute joke, like saying i want to be in the NHL without ever seeing ice." and "you cant say stupid things like you want to be in the UFC, theres more to the sport than simply looking cool for the cameras after a big win"

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, who
teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight." - Psalm 144:1

Last edited by jcmeagher; 01-09-2007 at 07:46 PM.
jcmeagher is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 227
 
Quote:
One day they where sitting in thier little tent minding their own buisness (they had a little free time) when a few people threw a grenade into their tent, so they got out and he had to kill two of them, right there he witnessed two lives taken off the planet forever, it messed him up pretty bad, he just broke down, and he still has flashbacks of what went down, but he is proud of the way he served and I would be proud wether I kill anyone or not, it is for my country and their country, so if I have to pick off a couple bad guys to help them and us, even though it could mess me up and I would really regret it I am willing to do it for my country.
Well, that's a little different. If you want to be a soldier, that's what you should expect...if you don't...well...yeah. What happened to that soldier in the video was different. He was forced to ruin the lives of innocent civilians and their families. He was literally ordered to strike fear in those civilian's hearts. He had to beat the women and children for no good reason, he had to break families apart, and kill a few people for nothing but to scare the innocent. That's the kind of thing a soldier isn't prepared for - I mean, when you join the military you expect to fight someone like you - a trained soldier. Not men, women and children that have never even been in a physical fight. You see what I'm saying?
Quote:
Ps. I do beleive he said, and I quote "but stating that you want to be in the UFC before even training, or stepping into the ring, is an absolute joke, like saying i want to be in the NHL without ever seeing ice." and "you cant say stupid things like you want to be in the UFC, theres more to the sport than simply looking cool for the cameras after a big win"
Well, to me, I think he was just telling you there's more to looking cool. A lot of risks are involved, and it you can't just get up one day and be the champion everyone hopes to become.
Trainee is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12
 
Well, to me, I think he was just telling you there's more to looking cool. A lot of risks are involved, and it you can't just get up one day and be the champion everyone hopes to become.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what i was trying to say, Im not knocking you down for having a dream, im simply stating the fact that theres so much more to it. I told you what tae-kwon-do sparring means in mma (jack shit), tournaments i can see being a positive, because it is also a fight, but simply stating that you want to be in the ufc after some sparring sessions seemed alittle bizzare to me. And regarding the soldier comments, i wont even get started on, you are obviously very young and dont understand the many of the harsh reality's of these things, so i wont explain anything to you, but its much easier to type things like you said about "killing a bad guy", than when it comes down to it, life isn't a cartoon buddy i just hope one day you dont put yourself in a bad situation because of ignorance thats all.
GrishkaD is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Franktown, Kentucky!!!!!
Posts: 145
 
You know what, your really hilarious. You think you know everything. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you dont. I dont care what you think or what you think you know, I plan to join the UFC, your opinions mean to me about as much as you think tae kwon do means to mma fighting. And I am living in a real world, I think it might be you thinking your in a cartoon world. It has been a long time since I got on and wether you like it or not, ive been training, working hard, and I have seen some great results. My dream of being in the UFC is going to happen, wether you like it or not, and wether you think I am being realistic or not is not my problem. So I hope you like being wrong, because those comments were a waste of your time, they mean nothing.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, who
teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight." - Psalm 144:1
jcmeagher is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Axe_Murderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 65
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeagher
You know what, your really hilarious. You think you know everything. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you dont. I dont care what you think or what you think you know, I plan to join the UFC, your opinions mean to me about as much as you think tae kwon do means to mma fighting. And I am living in a real world, I think it might be you thinking your in a cartoon world. It has been a long time since I got on and wether you like it or not, ive been training, working hard, and I have seen some great results. My dream of being in the UFC is going to happen, wether you like it or not, and wether you think I am being realistic or not is not my problem. So I hope you like being wrong, because those comments were a waste of your time, they mean nothing.
Wow.... you ask for advice yet you don't take any of it? You obviously already know everything. TKD? ...hahaha... that's funny.

P.s - The moment you mentioned your affiliation with religion, that's when it clicked. You don't even need to train, god will guide you
Axe_Murderer is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Flyweight
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 402
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe_Murderer
P.s - The moment you mentioned your affiliation with religion, that's when it clicked. You don't even need to train, god will guide you
Hey. 19-1.


Anyway to the kid. Remain unfettered. You should find comfort in the amount of people that are willing to say that it can't happen. There should be some solace in knowing that they have already removed themselves as an obstacle for you. However, you're on one ardorous and painful road. I hope you're ready for it because if you really want to make it, MMA has to become your life.
Deadpool is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome