When should i drink my protein/creatine - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Pepe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 209
Pepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enough
When should i drink my protein/creatine

So i lift for about an hour, then i follow it up with a 30 minute run on my treadmill. So i wanted to know should i drink my creatine/protein after lifting then run? or should i drink it after i run. And if i drink it after i run am i still going to get the same results on my upper body if i were to drink it after i lift? And if not, would following up the jog with some pull ups help?

I just need help, like my goal is to get bigger/stronger
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
If you are trying to pack on mass, 30 minutes on the treadmill is too much. Cut it down to 10-15 minutes and take your creatine immediately following your run. You may also want to get a complex carbohydrate like Waxi Maize, to take in conjunction with the Creatine to enhance absorbtion and replenish Glycogen which your body will be likely completely depleted of after your run.

Take your protein 30-45 minutes after you take your creatine
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Pepe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 209
Pepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
If you are trying to pack on mass, 30 minutes on the treadmill is too much. Cut it down to 10-15 minutes and take your creatine immediately following your run. You may also want to get a complex carbohydrate like Waxi Maize, to take in conjunction with the Creatine to enhance absorbtion and replenish Glycogen which your body will be likely completely depleted of after your run.

Take your protein 30-45 minutes after you take your creatine
oooh ok, but like the reason i'm doing 30 minutes is because my body fat is at like 23 percent so i'm trying to drop it but get stronger. And i think i might get some waxi maize now :] and why do i have to drink my protein 30-45 minutes after, i thought you were supposed to drink it with the creatine right after?
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 481
-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug
You should really run before you lift. Running after only stalls time from you getting from the gym to your protein shake which isn't a good thing. Plus, after you lift weights, running is just really burning off that muscle you just worked hard to get.

I'd take a 1.5 scoops an hour before workout and 2 scoops after a workout.
-GSP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Pepe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 209
Pepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GSP- View Post
You should really run before you lift. Running after only stalls time from you getting from the gym to your protein shake which isn't a good thing. Plus, after you lift weights, running is just really burning off that muscle you just worked hard to get.

I'd take a 1.5 scoops an hour before workout and 2 scoops after a workout.
so take 1.5 scoops before my workout of creatine or protein?
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
oooh ok, but like the reason i'm doing 30 minutes is because my body fat is at like 23 percent so i'm trying to drop it but get stronger. And i think i might get some waxi maize now :] and why do i have to drink my protein 30-45 minutes after, i thought you were supposed to drink it with the creatine right after?

You don't have to wait that long but it gives time for the creatine and carbs to digest and get into the bloodstream before you take the protein.

And you really should do your cardio after lifting. You don't want to deplete your glycogen (muscle energy) stores before you start lifting. Which is why it's best to do cardio after you lift.
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Pepe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 209
Pepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
You don't have to wait that long but it gives time for the creatine and carbs to digest and get into the bloodstream before you take the protein.

And you really should do your cardio after lifting. You don't want to deplete your glycogen (muscle energy) stores before you start lifting. Which is why it's best to do cardio after you lift.
oooh ok that makes sense, thanks it really helps :]
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 159
b00mknockout has a little shameless behaviour in the past
...but the ideal would of course to be doing the 2 separately - allowing you to fuel each appropriately

it doesn't matter when you take your creatine, because it will be stored. but how you take it may: taking it with some carbs as the insulin release will aid the muscle cells uptake of creatine.

and in my opinion you should not have 'losing bodyfat' a goal with 'getting bigger + stronger'
__________________
I'm smart because I read what has been said already. Are you smart?
b00mknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios