Supplments that work and dont work! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
recon6991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 607
recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
if you get a pump while you're working out, then you are not working out properly, that's a fact.
What?
__________________
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
recon6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Official MMA V.I.P
 
Horus Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 123
Horus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
What?
if you dont get a pump***
__________________
From the ADMIN of boxingforum.com:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post
I respect the hell out of what you're doing man. You obviously have passion for the sport. Good luck with everything bro. Props dude.
-Shane
Horus Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
Here are the supplements that work and all you need.
Protein (Whey or Casein)
Multivitamin
Water


Everything else is pretty much junk.

Creatine is junk, I tried to takei t for 2 years, did nothing but give me diarrhea and horrible stomach pain.

Nitric Oxide, yes it gives you pumps but you dont need becasue if you work out properly, you will get pumps.

Anything that is made by BSN is junk.

Anything that claims to promote testosterone is junk
Tribulus
ZMA
GABA

DHEA, is junk, it has the ability to give you too much estrogen, it is not chemically structured properly to increase your testosterone and only people over 50 should even consider it, if a doctor reccomends it.

Anything that claims to increase growth hormone is junk i.e. "Humagro" or "Always Young Renewal"

Celltech is junk, it's nothing but sugar and creatine.

Majority of the products on Bodybuilding.com are junk and the ads are so fake it's rediculous.

I have use animalpak, it's just a waste of money, you pee your money right out.

You don't need 10 times the amount of vitamiins your body requires each day to improve anything.

Isoflavones are junk, they are fake, they do nothing at all. i.e. Methoxy

Anti-estrogen would only work if it were by prescription.

Glutamine I haven't tried yet but I will.

Other Amino Acids such as BCAA are not needed because your whey protein contains enough and plus your diet of meat should contain BCAA in it already, so no need to go buy 10 lbs of BCAA.

I've never tried HMB or Leucine but maybe I will someday.
I've never tried Casein protein but maybe I will some day!

Remember, if it isn't natural stuff like protein, vitamin and water, it's just junk without a presscription, it is not real.

Other supplements:

5-htp & Melatonin
seem to work pretty well to help me sleep.

Yohimbine HCL, increased my heart rate, gave me chest pains and hallucinations.


FAT BURNERS!


Are the biggest fakest crap out there, majority of all of them are just pills filled with stimulants, usually caffeine, with high prices that you could be paying $5 for 10 times the amount they sell it to you for and it doesn't burn fat it just gives you a lot of energy and it's a diuretic so you crap your brains out.

Don't buy any expensive brands, do not buy any combo supplements, stick to pure form supps so you know exactly what you're using and know it well.

Stick to the basics!

If it isn't FDA approved or backed by strict and strong clinical studies with sources cited, then it's not real either.

Shop around and be frugal, go with pure form generic brands, bodybuilding.com store is too expensive for most of their products.

Bulknutrition is a pretty good place for certain things.

Island Supplements isn't too bad of a place for the right stuff.

If you have any questions, please ask me and I wll try to answer them if I can.
I got news for you buddy. This post doesn't work. You claim that none of these products work because you have tried them? Have you not taken into account that everyone responds to things differently because nobody's body is exactly alike?

-Creatine is not junk, even though I haven't used it in over a year it does work (Monohydrate at least and there are clinical studies to back the claims.

-Not everything made by BSN is junk, I like their endorush and it works pretty well same with Syntha-6

-ZMA has been proven to stimulate hormone levels and there are a shit-ton of people who swear by it. If Patrick Arnold thinks Conte's ingenuity on the concept was remarkable, that's about as good as it gets.

GABA has never claimed to promote the stimulation of testosterone. It's meant to promote the release of GH, but I've only used it for benefits of relaxation given I'm very high strung.

-I've known people who have gotten Gynecomastia by using Tribulus based products. While some people including myself are non-responders to it, that doesn't make it complete junk.


DHEA will do more harm than good for anyone under 40, but that doesn't make it junk. Too much Estrogen for males is not a good thing, but too little Estrogen is just as bad. You need estrogen for joint function, sexual function and to gain mass.


Cell Tech is junk, I agree.

While 11 Pills is a lot for a Multi (Animal Pak) that doesn't make it crap. If you mean peeing neon green, that just excess B Vitamins. Pretty much every Multivitamin has more than the 100% recommended daily value of most of the listed vitamins

Prescription Anti-E's and SERMS are going to work better than any Over the Counter Anti Aromatase compounds but that doesn't make them junk either. There are several clinical studies to back up Novadex XT's ability to increase Free Test and Reduce Estradiol Levels.

Stim Cocktail are an easy way for lazy people to lose fat/weight but they do work even though the long term sides are not worth the short term results

Nothing sold by the GNC, Bodybuilding.com, Vitamin Shoppe is regulated by the FDA (with the exception of Alli, not even Protein or Multivitamins. I don't know if you heard but the IDS brand of Protein was discovered to have 6g of protein when they claimed it had around 40 and was loaded with sugar.
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Future_Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 690
Future_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to allFuture_Fighter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
food is not a supplement



No I didn't have it nonstop, but I would stop taking it sometimes, try it again, then try a different brand, different types. I didn't say Nitric Oxide didn't work I said you dont need it, if you are not getting a pump while you're working out, then you are not working out properly, that's a fact.
and water is a supplement?

Uhh you don't need alot of things, doesn't mean they don't work and you shouldn't use them to your benefit.
__________________
Future_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 795
Sinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
I have tried it myself, different kinds for 2 years and I know a lot of people who have tried it.

It doesn't work, at least not for everyone.

All it ever did was give me severe diarrhea, bloating and horrible stomach pain.
How did you take it? Because there is actually a method to it's madness that people neglect. I never had horrible stomach pain or diarrhea. I had more bowel movements, but even simple Protein gives does that.
__________________


This Time ... Break It!

FFL Season 3: 11th Place
Quinton Jackson vs. TBA
Gesias Calvancante vs. TBA
Fabricio Werdum vs. TBA
Thales Leites vs. Anderson Silva

Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
recon6991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 607
recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
I completely agree with southpaw. I really dont like how you posted this as a guide almost, given that you give no scientific knowledge, just you're experience and opinion. For a guy who "body builded" for 5 years you really dont know shit about supplements. I've had great success with creatine, and currently take ZMA and it seems to be working fine. Also, I have used lipo-6 and hydroxy cut and had great results, fat burners do exactly what they say. What do you think all those stimulants do in you? Have you ever seen someone who is a cokehead? Skinny as shit. Like southpaw said, proteins aren't regulated by the FDA. You must be one of those guys who think steroids are the epitome of evil huh?
__________________
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
recon6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,575
jcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to all
creatine works if you don't use it too often. If you take it you can experience stomach cramps and all kinds off muscle cramps if you don't drink enough water or have enough "K". I usually will get cramps in my calves. Whey protein and mega multivitamin or animal pack for the serious athlete work also. I agree that everything else is just junk.
jcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Official MMA V.I.P
 
Horus Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 123
Horus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A HugHorus Ra Needs A Hug
1.do your research because i'm not going to do it for you.
2. ZMA and trib it works really? try having to be over 40 for it work duh!

3. Gaba does claim to raise testosterone but it doesn't

4. natural test boosters dont really work andonly work on people who are old and don't have natural test levels. do yoru freaking research. gosh.

How did I take the creatine?

I tried different ways, pills, with water, with protein shake, it all did the same thing.

Never tried the liquid form because the liquid form becomes diluted or something so it ends up not working at all.

I just believe it's a waste of money to be using stuff you do not need and wont help you unless you are that old man with low testosterone or w/e.

The only real supplement that's going to raise yoru testosterone is prescription drugs like steroids and other hormones.

oh btw, Panax Ginseng, I'm not sure if it raises your test butit sure does raise your libido in high dosages.
__________________
From the ADMIN of boxingforum.com:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post
I respect the hell out of what you're doing man. You obviously have passion for the sport. Good luck with everything bro. Props dude.
-Shane
Horus Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
recon6991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 607
recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
Show me some science behind that. I am 18 and ZMA is working for me. My recruiter takes trib and he is a monster and swears by it. LOL I didnt ask you to research it, I know enough about supps, but if you are posting something like this, proof is nice! Claiming stuff wont work unless you are old with low test is just plain narrow minded. Just because something didn't work for you does not mean it wont work. Have you seen Brandon Curry? He is sponsored by BSN, and he is a beast (BSN + AAS). You are telling me (us?) to do research because you posted an opinionated guide to supps with no evidence to that facts. That is just ignorant.
__________________
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
recon6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Let's not make posts claiming they are factual when they aren't.

I don't feel like breaking down your post completely so I'll address a few things.

The one part of your post that was right was about Creatine. Creatine "works" but what it does is it makes your cells store more water. This causes your muscles to swell and look bigger. Once you stop taking Creatine you will lose the mass you gained because your cells will no longer need to hold that much water.

As for the Nitric Oxide it does work. It's a vasolidator. That means it dialates your blood vessels allowing more blood to flow which in turn supplies more oxygen to your muscles. It will give you longer pumps but that's because of the increased blood flow. It does work.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios