Supplments that work and dont work! - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Anyways, how do you know what he knows
He's been posting here a long time, so have I. He also used to have a log here, and I've seen him post about supplements many times.

Stop being lame.
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #72 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
He's been posting here a long time, so have I. He also used to have a log here, and I've seen him post about supplements many times.

Stop being lame.
Er, ok. How about we make a deal: I'll stop being 'lame' as you call it if you stop playin' cheerleader?
__________________
Why Do We Fall?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Er, ok. How about we make a deal: I'll stop being 'lame' as you call it if you stop playin' cheerleader?

Or maybe you should stop being lame because you are in the wrong. Twat.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
recon6991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 607
recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
Dark Knight, you have been giving advice a lot lately, but most of it sucks, why would you get mad at wukka, or anyone for that matter, backing someone who is consistently right? Instead of getting all pissy over it why not just listen to what the guy says, and maybe learn something and then pass that [useful] knowledge on?
__________________
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
recon6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #75 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You what, southpaw? First of all, you'd do well by not being condescending and going on as if you are the only person on this board who knows a thing two about supplements, because you aren't. Your not special, i'm afraid. Secondly, i'm sorry to burst your bubble but not everybody here feels like they have to rely on all the latest supplements in the world in order to achieve their goals.


It really is as simple as eating well, working out sensibly and being aided by regular consumptions of protein shakes and creatine. It's THAT simple and if you think that it ain't then it's you who don't know shit. Twat.
I never said I was all knowing, I do my research I've tried a shitload of stuff probably more than I needed to at my age. I do my research before I enter a conversation so I don't sound like a complete idiot, unlike you and the OP.

Secondly I never said taking a plethora of supplements was going to help you achieve your goals.

I made it clear in my first post that the supplements the OP was claiming to be shit, aren't and that some of them do actually work and have clinical studies to back them.

I also made it clear that the only supplements I have been using for the past 8 months are Protein, A Pre Workout Product, a Multivitamin and Fish Oil. I don't even use creatine.

While you may only really need Whey Protein, Multi, Fish Oil, that doesn't mean everything else outside of that is complete crap.

While using a Testosterone Booster or Pump Product may not be considered essential, that doesn't mean it's junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Lol!! yeah i'm jealous of a guy who feels he needs to prove to an entire forum that he knows more than everybody else about so and so. Yup, i'm green with envy.

Anyways, how do you know what he knows and how comes you feel the need to lick up his backside?
My intention is to prove him wrong, because he is wrong. And plenty of posters here will agree with me. I'm not here to flaunt my knowledge to make myself feel important. I use my knowledge so I can help others and as well help me achieve my personal goals.

The stuff that the OP posted was based on his experiences, not fact even though he claimed it to be fact it's not and that's all I was trying to do was make the truth known.

It's people like him and people like you who are the reason that people end up ******* themselves up because they were fed false information.

Last edited by Chrisl972 : 03-30-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Double Post
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #76 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafb View Post
Creatine is junk,really? It's been around since '94 and tons of medical studies to prove it works. I'll reply to your other reviews later on, I gotta go to work now.
Yea horus in high school Creatine worked wonders for me. The hardest part was the continuous rotation of drinking throughout the day.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #77 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
Dark Knight, you have been giving advice a lot lately, but most of it sucks, why would you get mad at wukka, or anyone for that matter, backing someone who is consistently right? Instead of getting all pissy over it why not just listen to what the guy says, and maybe learn something and then pass that [useful] knowledge on?

Oh dear oh dear..

Err, who said I was 'mad' at wukka? I simply asked him a question then advised him to stop playing cheerleader, but he doesn't want to so i'ma leave it. That's not getting 'mad' so choose your words carefully if you don't want to end up looking foolish. It seems you are also in that cheerleader squad. Now all you need is some pompoms and a really short skirt then you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
My intention is It's people like him and people like you who are the reason that people end up ******* themselves up because they were fed false information.

Whoa, hold up..

I was admiring your post until I got to this bit..

What have I said to indicate to you that i've messed myself up because I was fed false information? Please highlight anything I said that would lead you to say such a thing. Please. You, Billy, have basically said that that because I only use protein shakes and creatine as supplements I am somehow *beeping* myself up Please tell me how this works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Or maybe you should stop being lame because you are in the wrong. Twat.
This kid is awesome
__________________
Why Do We Fall?

Last edited by Chrisl972 : 03-30-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Triple Post
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
so choose your words carefully if you don't want to end up looking foolish.
Good avice. Maybe you should follow it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Whoa, hold up..

I was admiring your post until I got to this bit..

What have I said to indicate to you that i've messed myself up because I was fed false information? Please highlight anything I said that would lead you to say such a thing. Please. You, Billy, have basically said that that because I only use protein shakes and creatine as supplements I am somehow *beeping* myself up Please tell me how this works?
Reading comprehension fail.



Buddy, this is a public forum, come here and say someting stupid and people are going to call you out on it. Just because we all think you are wrong doesn't mean we are here backing Southpaw up.

Clearly you are mad, and don't like being told you are wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be responding to us like you are.

Or no, maybe it's all some big MMAforum regulars conspircay against you.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #79 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAMenslage View Post
OWNED!!!

Anyways, don't be so sure to just disregard Creatine and other supplements. There is a 22 year old dude in my gym who gained over 35 lbs of muscle over the summer. He used Nitrix, N.O. Xplode, Cell Mass, True Mass, Syntha-6, Axis-HT, Animal Pak, The whole Trifekta stack, and some other stuff. I could literally see a difference each week, it was insane.

Creatine is scientificly proven to work. Either, you went with cheap junk creatine, you are a non-creatine responder, you were using other supplements that screwed up your creatine, you didn't work hard enough, you didn't use it long enough, you overtrained, you screwed up omn your creatine dosage, or you are just so friggin lazy you wont buy creatine so you wanna discredit it.
Holy ******* shit! 35lbs in one summer!!! Was the dude cycling like enough steroids to kill a horse? I can't put on weight for shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
Creatine works and does what is say it does... to an extent.

I've used it in several forms (Mono, CEE, Kre Alkalyn)

Mono is the only form that really did anything. I took it in the form of Vitargo CGL which was a Creatine Mono/Waxy Maize Combo.

I put on some size but I couldn't stand the bloating.

I tried Kre Alkalyn a while ago and didn't notice a damn thing.

CEE was in one of the Pre Workout supplements I took and I didn't know if it was doing anything or not.

I've gained about 30lbs since last summer without the help of Creatine so you don't really need it.
I have no idea what kind of creatine I took in high school but it was like a pinkish/purple liquid mix I drank and rotated water/juice etc with.

All im taking now is wheybolic extreme protein shake shit from GNC, GNC mega men vitomen pack and fish oil. What if anything would you recommend for me to add to my stack of stuff to build lean muscle? I know I need to increase my calories and cut back on cardio, but ive been to afraid to lose mah abs/obs but ive always wanted to get bigger, i was around 180ish at my best weight in high school, im about 168ish now. (price is no object)
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Holy ******* shit! 35lbs in one summer!!! Was the dude cycling like enough steroids to kill a horse? I can't put on weight for shit



I have no idea what kind of creatine I took in high school but it was like a pinkish/purple liquid mix I drank and rotated water/juice etc with.

All im taking now is wheybolic extreme protein shake shit from GNC, GNC mega men vitomen pack and fish oil. What if anything would you recommend for me to add to my stack of stuff to build lean muscle? I know I need to increase my calories and cut back on cardio, but ive been to afraid to lose mah abs/obs but ive always wanted to get bigger, i was around 180ish at my best weight in high school, im about 168ish now. (price is no object)

Gaining 35lbs (of LBM) over one summer is impossible. Even with Steroids. Most of it was likely very sloppy/water weight.



If it's a liquid than it's most likely Kre Alkalyn which, IMO is junk. Just stick with Plain Creatine Monohydrate.

What your taking right now is pretty much all you need. Although I'd get rid of the Wheybolic. The Price per serving is a giant rip-off. I know because I used to work at GNC. It's like $59.99 for 15 servings.

Just get yourself some optimum protein, and eat more real food.

Lift heavy and use good form!
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright ę 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios