MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Training & Nutrition (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/)
-   -   best way to cut bodyfat (http://www.mmaforum.com/training-nutrition/53478-best-way-cut-bodyfat.html)

stevelknievel 03-22-2009 09:53 PM

best way to cut bodyfat
 
ive been working out when i can but my main priority at this point is just cutting bodyfat
what's your opinions on the best way to cut bodyfat?

CornbreadBB 03-22-2009 10:21 PM

A knife....myeh.

southpaw447 03-22-2009 10:22 PM

Cut Carbs, Get a lot of protein, fruits and green vegetables.

Hight Intensity Interval Training is your friend. Look into it.

Don't just get to the gym when you can, make it a priority

sully 03-22-2009 10:31 PM

cut back on sodium too... that's what retains excess water in your body

Scarecrow 03-22-2009 10:56 PM

Switch to a high protein, high fat, low carb diet. Lowering sodium will help with water retention, but won't effect fat loss at all. The key is to create a calorie deficiency while providing plenty of fuel to prevent muscle loss.

The Dark Knight 03-28-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarecrow (Post 848542)
Switch to a high protein, high fat, low carb diet. Lowering sodium will help with water retention, but won't effect fat loss at all. The key is to create a calorie deficiency while providing plenty of fuel to prevent muscle loss.

This man knows what he is on about. You'll have to lower your carbs. Also, try and get a majority of your calories during the day. Try to cut back on carbs after 18:00. Lots of high quality protein and lean meats. High reps with low weights too.

ccrowley 03-28-2009 07:09 PM

question.... if hes cutting his carbs and doing lots of cardio and training wont his energy be wayyyyy down and not able to train to his maximum, should he still get most of his carbs????

swpthleg 03-28-2009 08:35 PM

I think it's crucial to distinguish between simple and complex carbs. Simple carbs like white bread, potatoes etc. are way higher on the glycemic index, which is bad, mmmmkay? Complex carbs like whole grain anything, vegetables and fruit will give you the carb mojo you need to work out like a beast.

Scarecrow 03-28-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrowley (Post 853223)
question.... if hes cutting his carbs and doing lots of cardio and training wont his energy be wayyyyy down and not able to train to his maximum, should he still get most of his carbs????

Yes, which is why this type of dieting should only be used for short periods of time. Personally, I like the carb-cycling diets, where my carb intake is a 150/100/50 gram split, and I repeat every three days. My protein intake averages about 1.5 to 2 grams a day, and my fat intake is around 80 grams a day. I find that this type of dieting for me allows plenty of carbs for energy and protein for muscle sustainment while not overloading my body to a point of adding fat from carb overloads.

Future_Fighter 03-29-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight (Post 852918)
This man knows what he is on about. You'll have to lower your carbs. Also, try and get a majority of your calories during the day. Try to cut back on carbs after 18:00. Lots of high quality protein and lean meats. High reps with low weights too.

/facepalm


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2