Question about UFC? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
 
Question about UFC?

Hi guys I am new and thought to finally join a forum with other fans. I have been watching alot of UFC lately, and I got the game and a ton of dvds. I seriously wanna start training UFC and was wondering if any of you guys train?


Also for those with experience how is the best way to start? I have seen some gyms, but mainly just for boxing. Are there a lot of UFC gyms? Thanks.
striving8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Storm lake
Posts: 282
                     
Well if you can start with boxing go ahead but you need to learn some ground game. Wrestling pretty easy to find if you cant find juijitsu gyms. Most of all be ready to take punishment from the opponents cuz if you cant defend against strikes it will be hard.

I also want to train. 5 months till im 18! I cant wait!!

Last edited by Grizzly909; 07-23-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Incomplete
Grizzly909 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 AM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by striving8 View Post
Hi guys I am new and thought to finally join a forum with other fans. I have been watching alot of UFC lately, and I got the game and a ton of dvds. I seriously wanna start training UFC and was wondering if any of you guys train?


Also for those with experience how is the best way to start? I have seen some gyms, but mainly just for boxing. Are there a lot of UFC gyms? Thanks.
Awesome, welcome to the forum.I just do kickboxing, but good luck in training ufc.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Flyweight
 
Benge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 265
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by striving8 View Post
Are there a lot of UFC gyms? Thanks.
The only one I've seen is the one shown during TUF seasons. However, I will not say in full confidence that it most certainly is owned by the UFC.
Benge is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by striving8 View Post
Hi guys I am new and thought to finally join a forum with other fans. I have been watching alot of UFC lately, and I got the game and a ton of dvds. I seriously wanna start training UFC and was wondering if any of you guys train?


Also for those with experience how is the best way to start? I have seen some gyms, but mainly just for boxing. Are there a lot of UFC gyms? Thanks.
good for you in taking interest in a great and growing sport . boxing is ok for a good base to learn balence , movement , and to use and defend using your hands . get that mastered first and then look for some wrestling . once you get that , and are good at taking guys down , then look for jj. good luck and welcome to the forum .im somewhat of a newb here myself , but not to mma . and just a friendly tip , instead of asking guys about u want to train ufc and ufc gyms , call it mma . mixed martial arts is the sport , ufc is the brand .kinda like saying hey guys lets go play nfl when u mean play football . just a tip .good luck .

favorite fighters


1. rampage

2. wand

3. iceman

4. fedor

5.hendo

....r.i.p. evan tanner , arturo thunder gatti , and the legendary duncanjr
jack meoff is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:54 AM
British Bulldog
 
LjStronge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bracknell, England
Posts: 920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by striving8 View Post
Hi guys I am new and thought to finally join a forum with other fans. I have been watching alot of UFC lately, and I got the game and a ton of dvds. I seriously wanna start training UFC and was wondering if any of you guys train?


Also for those with experience how is the best way to start? I have seen some gyms, but mainly just for boxing. Are there a lot of UFC gyms? Thanks.
Hey my man, welcome to the forum, nice to see that you are asking questions!

First thing, try and get out of the habit of using the phrase

"Where can I train UFC"

not knocking you at all, but you need to realise that the sport is MMA - Mixed Martial Arts.

If you are in the states, you shouldn't have to many problems finding some gyms.

If you can't train MMA, then think about which 1 of the 3 you want to look into

Muay Thai - Stand Up
BJJ - Ground Game
Wrestling (Deciding where the fight takes place )
LjStronge is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:18 AM
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,029
                     
I presume you're fitness is good already? If not i'd get working on cardio and building muscle as a start. There's MMA gyms in most places so you shouldn't have difficulty finding one, choose your discipline's too, do you want to be a boxer? muay thai? Do you want to be good at jitsu? cause you'll need to.

Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...

Last edited by Nefilim777; 07-23-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: mistake
Nefilim777 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 367
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
First thing, try and get out of the habit of using the phrase

"Where can I train UFC"
Definitely this. If there's one thing that pisses off hardcore fans, it's referring to Mixed Martial Arts as UFC.
mattreis324 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 471
                     
you cant train UFC buddy, MMA is the sport UFC is an organization. it's like saying i've been watching alot of NBA letely where can i go to train NBA. Pls spread the word to all your friends.

As for finding a place to train just do an internet search with your city and state you should find some.
Villian is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
you cant train UFC buddy, MMA is the sport UFC is an organization. it's like saying i've been watching alot of NBA letely where can i go to train NBA. Pls spread the word to all your friends.

As for finding a place to train just do an internet search with your city and state you should find some.
...i already said about the ufc /mma thing to him .is there an echo in here ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis324 View Post
Definitely this. If there's one thing that pisses off hardcore fans, it's referring to Mixed Martial Arts as UFC.

already told him that in the first post of this thread ...wtf


Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
Hey my man, welcome to the forum, nice to see that you are asking questions!

First thing, try and get out of the habit of using the phrase

"Where can I train UFC"

not knocking you at all, but you need to realise that the sport is MMA - Mixed Martial Arts.

If you are in the states, you shouldn't have to many problems finding some gyms.

If you can't train MMA, then think about which 1 of the 3 you want to look into

Muay Thai - Stand Up
BJJ - Ground Game
Wrestling (Deciding where the fight takes place )
already told him about the "train ufc " thing .

favorite fighters


1. rampage

2. wand

3. iceman

4. fedor

5.hendo

....r.i.p. evan tanner , arturo thunder gatti , and the legendary duncanjr
jack meoff is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome