Ok so i need to shed some weight. I weigh 290 and would like to lose 40 pounds. I work out in school everyday but just vigourous strength workouts, really no cardio of any sort. Any suggestions on a good diet and cardio excercise for weight loss? I plan to start mma training this summer and would like to shed some weight before doing so, thanks for any help.
I'd say first, decrease your bulk workout and do what you know you're not doing -- the cardio. Start eating healthy, properly, 3 times a day and effectively shed the calories+more via your cardio workouts amd maybe try hitting up the sauna after a workout.
I wouldn't promote weight loss tips like not eating and hitting up the sauna and dehydrating yourself, drinking shots of salt water, and spitting all day for you're position yet -- that's for cutting weight BEFORE a weigh-in, not for your basic median training state.
1. drink around 64 ounces of water a day. Get a bottle with measurements on it to help.
2. eat 5 meals a day!!! never let yourself get hungry. Eat breakfast, snack lunch, snack, and dinner. Reduce your serving size. snacks would include things like a cup of fruit. an apple or banana with a cup of almonds or sunflower seeds. Whole grain wheat bread with peanut butter. Look for "simply jiff" it doesn't have all the sugar added. Also good snacks are protein bars or shakes.
3. Read the label look for the lowest fat and sugar contents. you can make some small compromises if it means there is a better chance you will eat it. For instance I cant eat cheerios but I can eat honey nut cheerios and there isnt that much more fat or sugar.
4. cut out the soft drinks drink only water. That alone will help you lose weight.
5. if you do go out to eat cut out the fryer. Only get things grilled or baked and leave off the sauce.
6. keep anything you shouldn't eat out side of the house. the temptations can sometimes be too much for some people.
7. finally for one day a week forget the other six rules.
Good foods are grilled chicken grilled fish fruits and veggies steak is ok every once in a while but not all the time maybe once or twice a week. If you get a george forman grill that would be great. Just buy some chicken or tuna or salmon grill it and eat it. Also deli meats like turkey and ham are great. Get a book called eat this not that. That will tell you what to eat and not to eat when your out and help with the grocery list.
also start up with the cardio. jump rope and elliptical trainer are the best things. the elliptical works your arms and legs and isnt as hard on your joints as running.
You need a much stricter diet to get ripped but this will help you lose most the body fat.
Cardio, cardio, cardio.
Reduce your daily calorie intake so that you're hungry before your next meal but not starving.
When you eat more calories than you use up it gets stored as fat so it makes sense to burn off more energy than you eat to get the body running on the fat stores it already has.
Eat smart though don't starve yourself as you still need energy to train just cut out all the crap from your diet.
Ok thanks guys, I've been much stricter on what i eat and drink as well as my cardio workouts. I'll let ya know how it goes, thanks again.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2