Weight loss tips - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Training & Nutrition Training and Nutrition are essential in becoming a top notch mixed martial artist. Discuss with other fighters how to get and stay in top shape!

Reply

Old 04-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Narkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeric View Post
Also, take supplements that are regulates the cortisol, insuline and blood sugar levels.
Definitely NOT necessary. I wouldn't recommend these, unless you plan on competing (bodybuilding comp.) and trying to get sub 6% bf.
Narkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Emeric has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkin View Post
Definitely NOT necessary. I wouldn't recommend these, unless you plan on competing (bodybuilding comp.) and trying to get sub 6% bf.
Actually yes,
High amounts of cortisol in the system can cause weight gain.During of psychological and physical stress,excess cortisol is produced and at the same time promotes weight gain, depositing fat mostly in abdominal area.
I my opinion a mix martial athlete stress level is much higher than the bodybuilders.
Emeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Narkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeric View Post
Actually yes,
High amounts of cortisol in the system can cause weight gain.During of psychological and physical stress,excess cortisol is produced and at the same time promotes weight gain, depositing fat mostly in abdominal area.
I my opinion a mix martial athlete stress level is much higher than the bodybuilders.
So you find it NECESSARY?

I'm talking about the main basics of what he needs. There is no reason to be taking pills if everything else isn't in check.

In my eyes: results = diet 80%, routine 15%, supplements 5%.

If he has everything exactly in check with his diet and routine then I would consider supplements. Most people half ass on their diet, and their routine sucks. That's 40% + 10% = 50% less results.

Diet>Routine>Supplements
Narkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Emeric has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkin View Post
So you find it NECESSARY?

I'm talking about the main basics of what he needs. There is no reason to be taking pills if everything else isn't in check.

In my eyes: results = diet 80%, routine 15%, supplements 5%.

If he has everything exactly in check with his diet and routine then I would consider supplements. Most people half ass on their diet, and their routine sucks. That's 40% + 10% = 50% less results.

Diet>Routine>Supplements
I was referring to people that are training at same or almost the same level as real UFC fighters.

I would say 2% supplements.
Emeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Narkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeric View Post
I was referring to people that are training at same or almost the same level as real UFC fighters.

I would say 2% supplements.
Lol! I was going to say 2% but I was afraid you argue about that.

Anyway, if you are referring to top level athletes like UFC fighters, than okay... But I didn't know the OP was a UFC fighter? Whoops?

I guess pills are one way to treat it; if you want to go that route.
Narkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Griffey4Ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Few tips to lose weight.

Get yourself in a caloric deficit, burn off more than you take in.

All calories are not equal.
Griffey4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
SpidermanKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25
SpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to allSpidermanKick is a name known to all
You guys have special advice for cutting weight for the first time of my life?

I have a BJJ tournament on Sept. 16.

Currently weighing between 160-165 lbs. but I'm kind of overweight right now.

In the first 2 weeks of September I'll be burning off around 7 lbs. of fat.

I'll be at 158 maximum by Sept. 13.

Is making 135.5 lbs. realistic or do I have to settle with 149?
__________________
Anything and everything that I understand I understand only because I love.
~Leo Tolstoy
SpidermanKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
trott985 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Weight loss i very major problem for mostly people it is the best tips i think exercise daily go to the gym and diet also very good for the weight loss, swimming is another important factor to the weight loss, and running is last the best way to weight loss.Gym Vernon Hills
__________________
trott985

Last edited by trott985 : 12-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.
trott985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios