UFC 89: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC vBookie Betting Bet your mmaforum post points here on matches that are coming up.

vBookie Event: UFC 89: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera (UFC)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
UFC 89: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera (UFC)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Keith Jardine 2/1 (2.00) 66 272973 WIN!
Brandon Vera 1/2 F (0.50) 32 660147  
Draw 5/1 (5.00) 0 0  

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
1,000 on Jardine by way of herky jerk.
CornbreadBB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 02:09 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkhir View Post
Why the hell is Jardine an underdog here??!! It doesn't make any sense...
Well if it makes no sense, then what would the arguement for Jardine being the faverite be? He did lose his last fight...


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apecity View Post
Well if it makes no sense, then what would the arguement for Jardine being the faverite be? He did lose his last fight...
Vera looked like total shit against someone who isn't in the same leauge as Jardine in his last fight.

ANYONE can get flash KO'd by wandy.

I don't know why I'm even saying anything. You do have the largest bet on Jardine.
69nites is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Shogun=LHW Champ
 
ThaFranchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 719
                     
Hmm Vera has always seemed overrated to me and the Dean seems to handle himself very well against strikers who dont bumrush him (Houston and Wandy). 5k on the Dean of Mean by way of 2nd Round TKO.
ThaFranchise is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Rush
 
Audman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 161
                     
The Dean is getting schooled.... The Truth hurts.

Vera via kick to the head...
Audman is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
Vera looked like total shit against someone who isn't in the same leauge as Jardine in his last fight.

ANYONE can get flash KO'd by wandy.

I don't know why I'm even saying anything. You do have the largest bet on Jardine.
I never said I think the odds make sense for the match up, I asked you why Jardine should be the faverite, but instead you told my why Brandon Vera should not.

I was just pointing out there isn't much of an arguement to make for Jardine being the faverite.

You use Vera vs. Reese as your main point stating that Vera looked like crap against a B level fighter. But Jardine got knocked the $#@# out by Houston Alexander, who is now considered B level at best.

Personally I think the odds should be 1/1 and 1/1 for both fighters since they have been so inconsistant.

But I think Vera is a whiny and overrated, so my money is on Jardine. The odds are an added bonus.

I just hope my hate for Vera isn't blinding me.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apecity View Post
I never said I think the odds make sense for the match up, I asked you why Jardine should be the faverite, but instead you told my why Brandon Vera should not.

I was just pointing out there isn't much of an arguement to make for Jardine being the faverite.

You use Vera vs. Reese as your main point stating that Vera looked like crap against a B level fighter. But Jardine got knocked the $#@# out by Houston Alexander, who is now considered B level at best.

Personally I think the odds should be 1/1 and 1/1 for both fighters since they have been so inconsistant.

But I think Vera is a whiny and overrated, so my money is on Jardine. The odds are an added bonus.

I just hope my hate for Vera isn't blinding me.
you pretty much summed up how I feel about it.
69nites is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Featherweight
 
looney liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: manchester, england
Posts: 1,246
                     
i think vera has been drastically underrated in this fight. sure, he looked terrible against reese andy, but that was his first fight at the weight class. the reason vera stayed at heavyweight was because he hates cutting, and i think thats the reason for his terrible performance.

there was an article recently saying that he's walking around under 205 pounds. vera will be in much better shape in this fight, looks like he's taking his training seriously now. a good conditioned and confident vera would outwork jardine on the feet.

im still not totally sure who's gonna win this one, but at the moment im favouring vera. although, those odds on jardine are pretty tempting.

<--- the punch that started it all!

My current favirote fighters
Anderson Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Mauricio Rua
Alistair Overeem
Jon Jones

WAR dan hardy, paul daley, ross pearson and terry etim doing it for the britz!
looney liam is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
The Count
 
AmRiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,521
                     
all in on Vera, by TKO r2

AmRiT is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by looney liam View Post
i think vera has been drastically underrated in this fight. sure, he looked terrible against reese andy, but that was his first fight at the weight class. the reason vera stayed at heavyweight was because he hates cutting, and i think thats the reason for his terrible performance.

there was an article recently saying that he's walking around under 205 pounds. vera will be in much better shape in this fight, looks like he's taking his training seriously now. a good conditioned and confident vera would outwork jardine on the feet.

im still not totally sure who's gonna win this one, but at the moment im favouring vera. although, those odds on jardine are pretty tempting.
Vera NEVER impressed me.

the only thing impressive about him is his ego. He couldn't hang in the much less competitive HW division what would make you think he can hang with LHW contenders?
69nites is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome