Is every TUF winner always getting a title shot? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC vBookie Betting Bet your mmaforum post points here on matches that are coming up.

Reply

Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
Split is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level now
Is every TUF winner always getting a title shot?

Im not very familiar with the show(ive seen half of the first season only), but i keep reading everywhere that whoever won yesterday is getting a title shot...Im not going to put any opinion on the fighters since i dont know them, but isnt it a bit unfair for any1 already in the ufc?
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
This preticular season they are competing for a title shot in there proper weight division. nate quarry is the only guy thats got a title shot from tuf and thats after he kncoked out three guys in a row.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split
Im not very familiar with the show(ive seen half of the first season only), but i keep reading everywhere that whoever won yesterday is getting a title shot...Im not going to put any opinion on the fighters since i dont know them, but isnt it a bit unfair for any1 already in the ufc?

In fact it is very unfair to give the winner a title shot. The reason these guys were on this show was because they lost of bunch of fights in the UFC and were about to get canned. It makes absolutely no sense to give any of these guys a title shot. What the prize should have been was that the winner gets one more chance to keep his job, NOT that the winner gets a title shot. What a joke!
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 539
IowaMFSFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspankstito
In fact it is very unfair to give the winner a title shot. The reason these guys were on this show was because they lost of bunch of fights in the UFC and were about to get canned. It makes absolutely no sense to give any of these guys a title shot. What the prize should have been was that the winner gets one more chance to keep his job, NOT that the winner gets a title shot. What a joke!
It might have been a joke,but it got ratings on SPIKE T.V for the shows. It also gives both these weight classes another title fight for there PPV. I"m not really arguing with you that I disagree that they deserve a shot,but that what the deal that was setup and thus they earned the right to it.

Its no more of a joke than the gimmick fights that PRIDE does.
IowaMFSFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMFSFan
It might have been a joke,but it got ratings on SPIKE T.V for the shows. It also gives both these weight classes another title fight for there PPV. I"m not really arguing with you that I disagree that they deserve a shot,but that what the deal that was setup and thus they earned the right to it.

Its no more of a joke than the gimmick fights that PRIDE does.
It definitely got them some ratings, so in that way it was good for MMA. There is no way that I would pay to see any of these winners fight as the main event on a PPV though, unless there was a damn good undercard.
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sensei
 
jamlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England (RI)
Posts: 2,359
jamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hug
[quote=randyspankstito]In fact it is very unfair to give the winner a title shot. The reason these guys were on this show was because they lost of bunch of fights in the UFC and were about to get canned. It makes absolutely no sense to give any of these guys a title shot. What the prize should have been was that the winner gets one more chance to keep his job, NOT that the winner gets a title shot. QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pretty much agree with that, the winners should have been like all the other shows, you get a chance to climb up the ladder again with a guaranteed contract but the title shot is a little bit overboard and quite frankly a slap in the face for others fighters who I feel have already earned a title shot.
For Example I'm not saying that Koscheck is ready for a title shot but why do these guys get to jump ahead him, Diego is ready and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. They could have put in a clause that if the TUF winners won 2 consecutive fights then they would get a title shot or something along those lines.
__________________
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez
jamlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BrAinDeaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 449
BrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level nowBrAinDeaD is on another level now
it is somewhat unfair to all the other fighters that have been racking up wins and fighting for contendership. They now have to take a backseat and continue to wait their turn, when a few of them are arguably already deserving of such a shot.

The concept does make the UFC look a bit gimmicky. But whatever, let these guys have their shot. It may be the last one they ever see, so... best of luck. Nothing against many of the TUF4 fighter, cause some of them are very good, but to cut in line like this might piss off some people.
BrAinDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sensei
 
jamlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England (RI)
Posts: 2,359
jamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrAinDeaD
it is somewhat unfair to all the other fighters that have been racking up wins and fighting for contendership. They now have to take a backseat and continue to wait their turn, when a few of them are arguably already deserving of such a shot.

The concept does make the UFC look a bit gimmicky. But whatever, let these guys have their shot. It may be the last one they ever see, so... best of luck. Nothing against many of the TUF4 fighter, cause some of them are very good, but to cut in line like this might piss off some people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely it's already pissed people off
__________________
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez
jamlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
Split is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMFSFan

Its no more of a joke than the gimmick fights that PRIDE does.
I dont beleive there has ever been a fighter that got a title shot for no reasons in pride... what are u refering to?
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
The MuscleShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 204
The MuscleShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
This preticular season they are competing for a title shot in there proper weight division. nate quarry is the only guy thats got a title shot from tuf and thats after he kncoked out three guys in a row.

Florian also got a title shot as well after a few wins...
The MuscleShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios