Rampage admits to using TRT before Bader fight - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pnw.
Posts: 247
                     
Man the people here are on one extreme or the other. First of all there are plenty of people out there (old and young)who have severe low test which can affect them in a variety of ways negatively. I agree also that it is a loophole and some people obviously abuse it. I think its dumb though to call someone a cheater if they have documented low T by someone reputable and use it, when I'm sure there's a favorite fighter of yours out there who knows how to cycle correctly and uses straight up gear during training and hasn't gotten caught.
BOMDC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Bantamweight
 
HaVoK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 619
                     
I am aware just about every Pro Athlete uses Testosterone. It is ignorant to think otherwise.

But, when King Mo tested positive it was Jackson who insulted him and made accusations during an interview with Karyn Bryant. He made sweeping assumptions about any fighter who uses TRT or questionable supplements.

There is no guidelines regarding Testosterone levels. Well, no laws. It is left up to Doctor discretion. There are many ways to get it. Many Doctors actually give you a take-home piss test. If you want TRT it is easy and legal to get.

The reason most need TRT is because they used Anabolics in the past. They used them without the proper PCT (Post Cycle Therapy). Without good PCT ones natural test production would almost come to a complete stop.
HaVoK is offline  
post #23 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Featherweight
 
Ryan1522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike28 View Post
Are you really comparing a picture of Rogan and his peak to Brady as a 21 year old kid coming out of college. I am sure if you look at Brady now he looks completely different.
lol point taken, but I needed an average person to fill the void and he fit the bill. Insert random average man picture so I don't offend you.


Point is Rogan is not average.

Always Supporting Fighters That Fight to Finish or be Finished


Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch
Ryan1522 is offline  
post #24 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
WIDE OPEN
 
The Horticulturist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Elsweyr, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,965
                     
I don't understand the point of view of those who look negatively at testosterone replacement. No matter how many of their opinions I read, the pro-trt argument holds a lot more logic. Of course it can be abused, but that's why it is monitored.

I'll keep reading both sides of the argument since I am no expert, but the argument seems lob-sided to me. (Which is probably why it happens to be not only legal, but encouraged by doctors.)
The Horticulturist is offline  
post #25 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Featherweight
 
Ryan1522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMDC View Post
Man the people here are on one extreme or the other. First of all there are plenty of people out there (old and young)who have severe low test which can affect them in a variety of ways negatively. I agree also that it is a loophole and some people obviously abuse it. I think its dumb though to call someone a cheater if they have documented low T by someone reputable and use it, when I'm sure there's a favorite fighter of yours out there who knows how to cycle correctly and uses straight up gear during training and hasn't gotten caught.
I have no problem with people outside of professional sports who use TRT bc they have low testosterone levels as a result of being elderly, having testicular cancer etc.

I've said this before in other threads and I'll say it again, TRT is not meant for alpha male UFC fighters in the prime of their lives. I don't care what their testosterone levels are at, they should not be allowed to use it.

What's next gene therapy to increase the number of fast twitch muscle fibers an athlete has so they can perform with a higher level of strength and agility?

If you cannot naturally produce what you need to in order to compete, then you are not cut out to compete anymore or to begin with.

I personally believe that TRT doesn't even give a fighter a huge advantage over the other. Skills far outweigh any drug you can take, but when Fighter A and Fighter B are completely at the same level and Fighter B is taking a PED, Fighter B is probably going to get the W.

Additionally, This is a loop hole and allowance of any PED including TRT (even if it is only bringing levels back to when you were a young buck) is a slippery slope.

Also, **** you beardsley for the neg rep and your comment "TRT is not a steroid". You uneducated P.O.S. TRT is testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone is the naturally produced STEROID in mammals you dumbass.

What you are referring to is called anabolic steroids, but you are too ignorant to be able to distinguish between the two. Thanks for the tip though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I don't understand the point of view of those who look negatively at testosterone replacement. No matter how many of their opinions I read, the pro-trt argument holds a lot more logic. Of course it can be abused, but that's why it is monitored.

I'll keep reading both sides of the argument since I am no expert, but the argument seems lob-sided to me. (Which is probably why it happens to be not only legal, but encouraged by doctors.)
Right there is nothing better then injecting yourself with testosterone to get on back to the days when you were a better athlete and recovered from workouts more quickly, were more explosive and energetic.

From a fan's perspective, Why not? The athlete will be able to compete longer than they really should and let's face it, I have no vested interest in their personal well being. Go ahead and entertain for years further than you should.

Is that your angle?

Decreased testosterone production as you age in the natural process that occurs in humans. Why are we trying to combat that natural aging process? So I can see a fighter get a couple more fights under his belt? So I can see him being able to compete with younger guys that he really shouldn't be able to compete with anymore if he was all natural? So he can earn more money by abusing the system?

I'm confused what the up side of this is?

BTW Dana (who I find very hit and miss with a lot of issues, so I hate using him to support my argument, but I will) also hates TRT and thinks it's an absolute loop hole in the system.

That's why he fired Nate Marquardt's ass, who has been one of my favourite fighters until I found out about it.

Always Supporting Fighters That Fight to Finish or be Finished


Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

Last edited by K R Y; 03-02-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Ryan1522 is offline  
post #26 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Osiris (HD 209458 B)
Posts: 962
                     
I am fine with athletes using TRT to maintain normal levels of testosterone.

As long as:
-It is prescribed by licensed doctors.
-All procedures, paperwork, & processes are followed by the athlete in terms of being allowed to use TRT by State Athletic Commissions.
-The athlete tests within the acceptable range while on it.

Sonnen & Marquart couldn't follow these rules. So one was suspended while the other was cut from the UFC.

If Rampage needs to use TRT, I have zero issues with it. But that doesn't mean he isn't a hypocrite.
TheAuger is offline  
post #27 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,459
                     
I dont see anything wrong with TRT if your levels are within normal range.

Joabbuac is offline  
post #28 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Featherweight
 
Ryan1522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAuger View Post
I am fine with athletes using TRT to maintain normal levels of testosterone.

As long as:
-It is prescribed by licensed doctors.
-All procedures, paperwork, & processes are followed by the athlete in terms of being allowed to use TRT by State Athletic Commissions.
-The athlete tests within the acceptable range while on it.

Sonnen & Marquart couldn't follow these rules. So one was suspended while the other was cut from the UFC.

If Rampage needs to use TRT, I have zero issues with it. But that doesn't mean he isn't a hypocrite.
Just because someone in a position of power (a doctor) says it is safe doesn't mean it is right and has a place in professional sports.

It's uncool to stick large amounts of steroids that mimic testosterone into our bodies, but as soon as we stick smaller amounts of actual testosterone into our bodies that makes it cool?

Seriously WTF is going on in this world?

Always Supporting Fighters That Fight to Finish or be Finished


Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch
Ryan1522 is offline  
post #29 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
I'm sure a lot of fighters are doing it and not admitting it.
I believe this is true - It won't turn a bad fghter into a good one, but it helps The argument that they're using TRT just to get in the normal range is an excuse.

Testosterone shots cause T levels to go way up, then they fall, very predictably, every day until their next shot, so it's very easy to time an injections around their pre-fight testing, to get a "normal" reading.
mastodon2222 is offline  
post #30 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1522 View Post
Just because someone in a position of power (a doctor) says it is safe doesn't mean it is right and has a place in professional sports.

It's uncool to stick large amounts of steroids that mimic testosterone into our bodies, but as soon as we stick smaller amounts of actual testosterone into our bodies that makes it cool?

Seriously WTF is going on in this world?
Testosterone IS a steroid.
mastodon2222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome