MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Who thinks Bones Jones is a dirty fighter (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/100636-who-thinks-bones-jones-dirty-fighter.html)

bustinloose 03-20-2012 07:09 PM

Who thinks Bones Jones is a dirty fighter
 
Why would the UFC use Bones Jones spinning elbow to the back of his opponents head on a highlight reel. It's a wild reckless illegal technique. It happens so fast there is no way for him to know that it wont land to the back of the head. At that speed the official isn't going to be able to tell where exactly the blow lands. If his opponent stepped around and ko'd him with an overhand right in the same spot Joe Rogan and his mindless parrot counterpart Mike Goldberg would whip out a violin instantly. There isn't enough of an objective opinion with these two. They sound like a couple of used car salesman to me.

systemdnb 03-20-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustinloose (Post 1563744)
Why would the UFC use Bones Jones spinning elbow to the back of his opponents head on a highlight reel. It's a wild reckless illegal technique. It happens so fast there is no way for him to know that it wont land to the back of the head. At that speed the official isn't going to be able to tell where exactly the blow lands. If his opponent stepped around and ko'd him with an overhand right in the same spot Joe Rogan and his mindless parrot counterpart Mike Goldberg would whip out a violin instantly. There isn't enough of an objective opinion with these two. They sound like a couple of used car salesman to me.

I don't think he is a "dirty" fighter I just think his technique is what you said, wild.

Now Joe Rogan... He's awesome. Watch some other shows and you'll wish he was there. He is a little opinionated but that's because he is a fan too. The only person I've never heard real bias from is Militich but he's no Rogan when it come to the "play by play."

Ludinator 03-20-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustinloose (Post 1563744)
Why would the UFC use Bones Jones spinning elbow to the back of his opponents head on a highlight reel. It's a wild reckless illegal technique. It happens so fast there is no way for him to know that it wont land to the back of the head. At that speed the official isn't going to be able to tell where exactly the blow lands. If his opponent stepped around and ko'd him with an overhand right in the same spot Joe Rogan and his mindless parrot counterpart Mike Goldberg would whip out a violin instantly. There isn't enough of an objective opinion with these two. They sound like a couple of used car salesman to me.

No i don't think Jon jones is a dirty fighter, as u stated he does it so fast that he doesn't know where it's going to land!. Jon jones is doing nothing wrong it's a legal move so he uses it, and uses it well.

SM33 03-20-2012 07:31 PM

Not sure if he's dirty in the sense that his techniques are illegal, but they are definitely frowned upon.

Headbutting abdomen of opponent, stretching fingers towards opponent's eyes to discourage forward movement... no good coach tells you to do those things and a supposedly super-talented fighter who usually enjoys a size advantage should not need to use such techniques.

Sure it messes with opponents mentally and is part of the formula that wins his fights, but I find it unnecessary. Spinning elbows are fine, the one he dropped Bonnar with was blatantly illegal but my memory may be wrong. Either way, it wasn't called into question.

AlphaDawg 03-20-2012 08:59 PM

I'd say so. He pokes fighters in their eyes, stomps them in their knees, elbows them in the back of the head. Hell, he's already been DQ'd for being dirty.

xxpillowxxjp 03-20-2012 09:13 PM

Best troll thread. cant believe i read all the posts..

ptw 03-20-2012 09:20 PM

I wouldn't call Jone's dirty, but he is definitely careless and reckless with the way he fights, nothing wrong with it. Best way I can describe Jones is grimey, as he's the type of guy who doesn't care if the damage he inflicts is career ending. He needs to fight a Frank Mir type of fighter IMO, I think that kind of person will put him in his place.

bigdog89 03-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDawg (Post 1563783)
I'd say so. He pokes fighters in their eyes, stomps them in their knees, elbows them in the back of the head. Hell, he's already been DQ'd for being dirty.

When has he elbowed someone in the back of the head any more than anyone else has?
Also the dq was a 12-6 elbow which by definition is retarded anyways if you truely think about it.
The knee stomps are legal .

systemdnb 03-20-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptw (Post 1563789)
I wouldn't call Jone's dirty, but he is definitely careless and reckless with the way he fights, nothing wrong with it. Best way I can describe Jones is grimey, as he's the type of guy who doesn't care if the damage he inflicts is career ending. He needs to fight a Frank Mir type of fighter IMO, I think that kind of person will put him in his place.

I agree but I think JJ would tap before some Mir action happened. I think he's a talented guy but I don't think he has that kind of heart. I guess only time will tell...

AlphaDawg 03-20-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog89 (Post 1563799)
When has he elbowed someone in the back of the head any more than anyone else has?

I've never seen a fighter elbow another in the back of the head, but that's besides the point. It's still illegal regardless of how many fighters do it.

Quote:

Also the dq was a 12-6 elbow which by definition is retarded anyways if you truely think about it.
Why do you think it's retarded?

Quote:

The knee stomps are legal
So is punching a fighter while going for a glove touch. Legal or not, it's still dirty. Knee stomps could easily end a fight and seriously injure someone. I just hope when they do end a fight, Dana will go on one of his tirades and get them banned.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2