Michael Bisping Feels Tim Boetsch Is 'Harder Fighter' Than Mark Munoz - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
ASKREN4WIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,070
                     
Michael Bisping Feels Tim Boetsch Is 'Harder Fighter' Than Mark Munoz

Quote:
Source: ESPN UFC Podcast

Mark Munoz talked earlier this week about feeling slighted by the UFC in being passed over for a bout with Michael Bisping. Now, it appears a fight with Munoz never really interested "The Count."
Bisping, who is coming off a tough decision defeat at the hands of Chael Sonnen in a No. 1 contender match, will instead face Tim Boetsch on July 7 at UFC 148. Bisping is 4-1 in his last five fights, while Boetsch is coming off a stunning victory over Yushin Okami.

"I have never really looked at Mark Munoz and thought he looked like a particularly dangerous opponent," said Bisping, while appearing on a recent edition of ESPN's UFC Podcast (thanks to Telegraph.co.uk for transcribing). "His ground and pound looks good, his wrestling doesn't look all that dangerous, his stand up is suspect and he's got a weak chin. I think Tim Boetsch is probably a harder fight."

Bisping also said he turned down a fight with Cung Le. Le will face Rich Franklin on the same card as Bisping-Boetsch.

Like FightLine.com on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...chael-bisping/

Awfuly strong words from Bisping. To be honest I always looked at Boetsch and Munoz as similar types of fighters with Munoz having better wrestling and way more vicious GnP.

Munoz has proven to be very dangerouse as a MW as he has beaten some tough guys and stopped them. His one loss is a close SD to Okami.

Could this set up a future grudge match after Bisping fights Boetsch?

Fav Fighters:
BJ
GSP
Askren
JDS
Belcher
Shogun
Fedor
Hendo
Sonnen
ASKREN4WIN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKREN4WIN View Post
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...chael-bisping/

Awfuly strong words from Bisping. To be honest I always looked at Boetsch and Munoz as similar types of fighters with Munoz having better wrestling and way more vicious GnP.

Munoz has proven to be very dangerouse as a MW as he has beaten some tough guys and stopped them. His one loss is a close SD to Okami.

Could this set up a future grudge match after Bisping fights Boetsch?
I don't think munoz is a grudge match kind of guy... he will probably take this comment with a grain of salt. I mean the guy said he was still friends with chael even though chael lost a wrestling match to him and then tried to break his leg. Munoz just seems like a really nice guy.
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
ASKREN4WIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,070
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
I don't think munoz is a grudge match kind of guy... he will probably take this comment with a grain of salt. I mean the guy said he was still friends with chael even though chael lost a wrestling match to him and then tried to break his leg. Munoz just seems like a really nice guy.
Yeah, Munoz is a nice guy.

One thing I will say is if Bisping and Munoz ever do fight that Munoz will remember the comment and use it as motivation. Not that he needs any, but every little bit helps.

Fav Fighters:
BJ
GSP
Askren
JDS
Belcher
Shogun
Fedor
Hendo
Sonnen
ASKREN4WIN is offline  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKREN4WIN View Post
Yeah, Munoz is a nice guy.

One thing I will say is if Bisping and Munoz ever do fight that Munoz will remember the comment and use it as motivation. Not that he needs any, but every little bit helps.
I agree
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome