Vinny Magalhaes Responds To Heat For Helping Sonnen | Shut the F*** UP - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,152
WestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He Crosses
Im surprised there is so much support for him.

I know for a fact that I would take a pay cut in order to feel good about myself, or to do what I think is morally right.
I've done it on several occasions, but see, Im fortunate because the pay cut did not mean I could not provide for my family.

I could understand if he was struggling financially or if he was in debt, but if it just means he might have to wait an extra month to make similar money, then I think he's a sell-out.

I often thought the expression: "Im doing this for my family" was an easier way to say you're a sell-out. Its not always the case, but in my life experience it has been.

Its an excuse for people to compromise their morals for money.
All the freaking crooked people Ive ever tried to do business with have always said this to me.
They'd go out, do shady business deals, do something illegal or screw another person over, and claim its to feed their family. The whole time, their kids are in a good school, there is more than enough food at home, 2 or 3 cars in the driveway, couple of vacations a year etc.

Im not saying Vinny doesnt need the money. I dont know if he does.
I just think its a weak argument that doing it for money makes it right.
WestCoastPoutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,044
Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
This Brazillian loyalty crap needs to stop, OMG Sonnen mocked some Brazillian's what ever shall I do.STFU Seriously nobody owes you nothing cause of the country you were born in.
I can't express how much I agree with you right now, so I think I will send some positive rep your way to make up for it. I feel bad enough for any non Brazilian fighter to have to fight a Brazilian in Brazil as it is. It's not even just about Sonnen. If you win, you almost have to worry about being shot. It's just a sport, not a war. I would never fight in Brazil if I were in the UFC. I'd almost be afraid to win.
__________________
Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Wow cant believe anyone would give a shit. Silva has fought Brazilians and IMO disrespected each of them for some reason.

I guess Brazilians are so loyal though.

Wait? Chutebox vs. Brazilian top team rivalry? Whats that?
__________________
WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
DanTheJu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurricane Alley (Daytona)
Posts: 958
DanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastPoutin View Post
Im surprised there is so much support for him.

I know for a fact that I would take a pay cut in order to feel good about myself, or to do what I think is morally right.
I've done it on several occasions, but see, Im fortunate because the pay cut did not mean I could not provide for my family.

I could understand if he was struggling financially or if he was in debt, but if it just means he might have to wait an extra month to make similar money, then I think he's a sell-out.

I often thought the expression: "Im doing this for my family" was an easier way to say you're a sell-out. Its not always the case, but in my life experience it has been.

Its an excuse for people to compromise their morals for money.
All the freaking crooked people Ive ever tried to do business with have always said this to me.
They'd go out, do shady business deals, do something illegal or screw another person over, and claim its to feed their family. The whole time, their kids are in a good school, there is more than enough food at home, 2 or 3 cars in the driveway, couple of vacations a year etc.

Im not saying Vinny doesnt need the money. I dont know if he does.
I just think its a weak argument that doing it for money makes it right.
He is helping teach BJJ to a Mixed Martial Artist who some people from the same country he is from dont like. It is not like he is scamming money from the poor!

I dont quite understand your logic here!

Just because some of his countrymen dont like sonnen does not mean that what he is doing is immoral or reprehensible at all!
__________________
-------------------
Dan The Ju
-------------------
DanTheJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,598
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastPoutin View Post
Im surprised there is so much support for him.

I know for a fact that I would take a pay cut in order to feel good about myself, or to do what I think is morally right.
I've done it on several occasions, but see, Im fortunate because the pay cut did not mean I could not provide for my family.

I could understand if he was struggling financially or if he was in debt, but if it just means he might have to wait an extra month to make similar money, then I think he's a sell-out.

I often thought the expression: "Im doing this for my family" was an easier way to say you're a sell-out. Its not always the case, but in my life experience it has been.

Its an excuse for people to compromise their morals for money.
All the freaking crooked people Ive ever tried to do business with have always said this to me.
They'd go out, do shady business deals, do something illegal or screw another person over, and claim its to feed their family. The whole time, their kids are in a good school, there is more than enough food at home, 2 or 3 cars in the driveway, couple of vacations a year etc.

Im not saying Vinny doesnt need the money. I dont know if he does.
I just think its a weak argument that doing it for money makes it right.
How is helping Chael "morally" wrong? Or wrong in any sense? Yes chael is an ass sometimes.....Yes he was involved in a shady business deal.....Vinny is helping him train for a fight FFS. He isnt helping Sonnen launder money or bury a body.
__________________


Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,278
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V03 View Post
I can't express how much I agree with you right now, so I think I will send some positive rep your way to make up for it. I feel bad enough for any non Brazilian fighter to have to fight a Brazilian in Brazil as it is. It's not even just about Sonnen. If you win, you almost have to worry about being shot. It's just a sport, not a war. I would never fight in Brazil if I were in the UFC. I'd almost be afraid to win.
Do you really believe that its dangerous? If it was as bad as you say, there would be countless examples of sports people being shot/beat/stabbed/whatever. Especially in football. Where are they?

This whole "Brazil is dangerous" nonsense is what needs to stop. It based on nothing but sensationalist bollocks.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,044
Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
It was an exaggeration, I wouldn't look into my post too much if I were you. It's like saying Brock Lesnar is 100 times bigger than the average person. It isn't true, you just might as well say that. The Brazilians do seem to take MMA very seriously though, as shown. I wouldn't want to fight just because of how much I'd be disliked by the fans, just because I wasn't born there. Yet a while ago, people complained when a lot of us Americans would cheer on the American fighter at events (Not me, I couldn't care less who was from where). Double standards are irritating, but let's not get into that.

I heard somewhere about Demian Maia, a fighter I like, mentioning how Brazilians shouldn't fight Brazilians unless it's Anderson Silva. I understand why you don't want to hurt a friend, but someone you might not even know or associate with because of them being from where you are? No..
__________________
Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 04-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,152
WestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He CrossesWestCoastPoutin Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheJu View Post
He is helping teach BJJ to a Mixed Martial Artist who some people from the same country he is from dont like. It is not like he is scamming money from the poor!

I dont quite understand your logic here!

Just because some of his countrymen dont like sonnen does not mean that what he is doing is immoral or reprehensible at all!
I'll try to explain better.

My mom is originally from the Philippines. Not a very rich country at all.
If someone made a name for himself making fun of the Philippines, saying things like: "I didnt know your people had cars! I didnt know your people had the internet! etc"

Then, this individual came up to me and said: "I'll pay you a salary to help me beat up a Filipino guy Ive been mocking for the past few years"

Well, in that position, the only times I would accept this is:
1) If I had trouble feeding myself
2) Enough money to change my lifestyle entirely.

Other than that, I would consider myself a sell out.

Hopefully I explained myself better.

Does that make sense to you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
How is helping Chael "morally" wrong? Or wrong in any sense? Yes chael is an ass sometimes.....Yes he was involved in a shady business deal.....Vinny is helping him train for a fight FFS. He isnt helping Sonnen launder money or bury a body.
Im not saying its morally wrong for everybody.
What you deem as right/wrong is up to you.

My explanation is that if someone is making a name for himself by making really negative comments about my country, and he offers me a job, I would not accept it because it would go against what I believe in.

If a dude opens a business in your city, but you know this dude HATES the U.S.
Calls all americans ignorant.
Makes jokes about your fear of terrorists.
Says he's there to make a quick buck, then leave the country.

Then he offers you a job.
What do you do?
WestCoastPoutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
prolyfic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 537
prolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheJu View Post
He is helping teach BJJ to a Mixed Martial Artist who some people from the same country he is from dont like. It is not like he is scamming money from the poor!

I dont quite understand your logic here!

Just because some of his countrymen dont like sonnen does not mean that what he is doing is immoral or reprehensible at all!

I actually think he is just making the point of saying it is similar to selling out. There are alot of other fighters that may be able to use his expertise and the fact that he choose the one person that has bad mouthed his country is a bit like selling out. It may be that he truely needs the money and is selling his services to the highest bidder but (and I am assuming this is what he meant) if that is not the case then it can be viewed as "selling out".

As for the "doing this for my family". I don't think that is a cop out, I just think that is the reason why people do anything. Whether they are already established or working to get there it is always for their family. So I don't quite think that is a cop out.
__________________
I-ya,
I against I,
flesh of my flesh,
and mind of my mind,
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time

MosDef " I against I"
prolyfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
HadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For Greatness
I really don't see the issue here. He's being paid to do a job. What's to be mad about?
HadouKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios