Anderson Silva is a fat bastard - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,827
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Disagree with a big fat capital Dee.

So there.
You can disagree, that's what "entertainment" is, purely, 100% objectionable opinion.

Just don't be surprised if you say "name one" and other people hop in and name more than one, because to many people Anderson isn't the most entertaining fighter.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,216
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
You can disagree, that's what "entertainment" is, purely, 100% objectionable opinion.

Just don't be surprised if you say "name one" and other people hop in and name more than one, because to many people Anderson isn't the most entertaining fighter.
... and some people don't think lemon sorbet is magnificent. I don't really see why I should consider the views of such philistines.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,827
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
... and some people don't think lemon sorbet is magnificent. I don't really see why I should consider the views of such philistines.
Well, no one can argue with this.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Andersons fights entertainment value is hit or miss, he's been responsible for some of the most unbearable fights in UFC history, but he also has a highlight reel second to none in the sport. The Franklin fights, even though they were total beatdowns, were very entertaining. The Leben fight was a great one aswell. The fact that he was far superior to his opposition for the majority of his career shouldn't be held against him. It's just hard to find a fighter out there on Andersons level, that you can stick in the cage with him and get a grueling, exciting stand-up war. The Belfort fight had great potential, but we all know what happened there.

Is he the all-time most exciting fighter to watch? No, that's BJ Penn in my opinion. But he is up there, and he is the most entertaining of the current UFC champions. He just have that aura about him, that you earn from wrecking your opposition for years.
__________________

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,356
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
I will go on record that most fights are entertaining. However when The Spider's entrance theme blasts on the stereo I get goose bumps all the time cuz I know it's going to be a SHOW. Actually enjoyed the Thales and Maia fight. He displayed something only elite boxers do...he completely toyed around with his opponent which can only be done if you're that good. Some say it's arrogance which it probably is, but I definitely say it was also part tactic to draw a reaction from them. That's what he does...

He has this switch. He's calculating your movement anywhere from a few seconds to a round even...then when he's ready to make his move it's game over.

So yah I would like the adventure to continue for all of time...
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,269
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Honestly I think lots of fighters have entertained us far more than Anderson, he gave us some fantastic knock outs but I struggle to think of any fights except the Sonnen fight are not what I would consider to be great fights. CroCop/Mir had a great finish but it doesn;'t change the fact it was a horrible fight. Maia/Silva was atrocious, Leites/Silva was horrible an fights like Forrest and Irvin were great finishes but not great fights. Entertainment value give me Frankie Edgar or Urijah Faber any day.
Takes 2 to make it a great fight. When he is 5x better than most guys in his division it will lead to lopsided fights.

Its so histerical how people bring up the Maia and Leites fights and how bad they were. As if they feel like they are owed. He is 14-0 in the UFC. And people want to bring up the 2 snoozers out of 14. Cry me a river. Anderson delivers action packed fights 85% of the time. Boo Hoo.

Silva is the most exciting fighter of all time. Just because most of his fights are beat downs takes nothing away from it. He does what he has to do. No one said he has the best fights. THey are saying he himself is the most entertaining fighter ever. And I agree with them.

It is foolish to say a guy who gave us a knee, elbow, jab, KOs. A last second SUB isn't that entertaining. That is all he does is entertain. No one has ever been as dynamic.

But go ahead and cry over 2 fights out of his career that were no good because fighters were so scared to engage.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,564
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
I wasn't aware we all had to be in agreement over who the most exciting mixed martial artist is.

Heil Hitler.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,269
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I wasn't aware we all had to be in agreement over who the most exciting mixed martial artist is.

Heil Hitler.
I don't care if people were to say ANderson is boring.

I just find it funny when they pick 2 fights out of 14 to complain about. Anderson could have 100 more spectacular finishes, and people would still bring up those 2 fights. It seems pretty silly.

People who dislike Silva even a little bit will always find ways to pick him apart. He wears pink, he doesn't speak ENglish, he had 2 bad fights in his career, he wipes his ass the wrong way, he finishes guys too quick, he walks funny.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,564
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Don't forget his overly feminine voice!
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,346
BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Honestly I think lots of fighters have entertained us far more than Anderson, he gave us some fantastic knock outs but I struggle to think of any fights except the Sonnen fight are not what I would consider to be great fights. CroCop/Mir had a great finish but it doesn;'t change the fact it was a horrible fight. Maia/Silva was atrocious, Leites/Silva was horrible an fights like Forrest and Irvin were great finishes but not great fights. Entertainment value give me Frankie Edgar or Urijah Faber any day.
You know I respect you Toxic but this is just you hating Anderson like you always do. It's also your opinion which you're entitled to.

To say his fights against Griffin or Irvin weren't great fights, is without question a fact. But to say they weren't entertaining is you letting your personal feeling get the best of what should be an biased fact. Frankie and Gray was an incredible, and entertaining... but Silva's destruction of Griffin and Irvin was an incredibly impressive, and incredible entertaining display of Martial Arts that everyone can appreciate. To say he didn't entertain you because he was that much better than his opponent is ridiculous. If you want to lay some fault, lay it on the victims.

Another point, aside from you comment Toxic. The only reason Sonnen/Silva was considered entertaining was because Goliath nearly got slayed. Other than that, it 24.5 minutes of boring ass wrestler dry humping. Silva's finish is what made that fight entertaining.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios