***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread - Page 27 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Jon Jones 81 70.43%
Rashad Evans 32 27.83%
Draw 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,871
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
U know who will give Jones a real fight? Chael Sonnen and I'm serious.
Nah I think Jones will pull guard and choke him out.

Henderson is a great counter striker and Jones can fall to a counter strike.

Gustaffsson has reach and those uppercuts are nasty and could land.

Anderson Silva is still an option.

Cain Velasquez is the blueprint of a fighter who could beat Jones with his technical boxing and high quality boxing.

Another guy is Stephan Bonnar(3 fight win streak), who took this insane beating from Jones and unlike Page, Evans, and Ruas he didn't quit in the 2nd or 3rd. I think the way to beat Jon Jones, and I've said this for the last two years is to take the punishment for 2 rounds. Let those legs and arms take damage from getting hit and just unload on him in the fourth or fifth.

What the LHW division needs right now is a 205lb Diego Sanchez.
John8204 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #262 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 4,430
                     
A Muay Thai specialist will have a field day with JJ too. His legs are the only area of physical weakness, hard leg kicks could snap those ****ers in 2!

edlavis88 is offline  
post #263 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 AM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Nah I think Jones will pull guard and choke him out.

Henderson is a great counter striker and Jones can fall to a counter strike.


Gustaffsson has reach and those uppercuts are nasty and could land.


Anderson Silva is still an option.

Cain Velasquez is the blueprint of a fighter who could beat Jones with his technical boxing and high quality boxing.

Another guy is Stephan Bonnar(3 fight win streak), who took this insane beating from Jones and unlike Page, Evans, and Ruas he didn't quit in the 2nd or 3rd. I think the way to beat Jon Jones, and I've said this for the last two years is to take the punishment for 2 rounds. Let those legs and arms take damage from getting hit and just unload on him in the fourth or fifth.

What the LHW division needs right now is a 205lb Diego Sanchez.
No he doesn't.

He's an inch taller but only has a 76 inch reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
A Muay Thai specialist will have a field day with JJ too. His legs are the only area of physical weakness, hard leg kicks could snap those ****ers in 2!
That muay thai specialist also better have some killer TDD.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #264 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,734
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStriker View Post
You are a warrior staying up that late wow.
Like I was going to miss this fight live?

Gustaffsson maybe? I have no idea. When Rogan said 'stacked cards with a main event annihilation' I couldn't help but agree.
K R Y is offline  
post #265 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Where is TKD?

Someone check his attic and cut the noose already...

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #266 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Lightweight
 
DragonStriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,937
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Like I was going to miss this fight live?

Gustaffsson maybe? I have no idea. When Rogan said 'stacked cards with a main event annihilation' I couldn't help but agree.
Yep, Rogan is the biggest hype beast ever.


DragonStriker is offline  
post #267 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 206
                     
I was hugely let down by Rashad's game plan. He had to get inside and commit to the takedowns and or body/leg kick blows, but he stayed in no mans land, and didn't commit to anything.

Jones came to jab and straight right Rashad and didn't have to adjust his game plan at any point in the fight.
cookiefritas is offline  
post #268 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,871
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
No he doesn't.

He's an inch taller but only has a 76 inch reach.
We're talking relatively speaking, and he's not punching up which I think hurts a lot of guys.
John8204 is offline  
post #269 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah yeah you lot can try and make fun all you want, but it's just not going to happen. I'm sorry, you lot are going to be in for an evening of pure disappointment. John's right about one thing though, I may end up getting kicked off this board because when Rashad wins there are going to be a lot of tensions running high especially when i'm bragging in every thread. Fact is though, I don't really care if I get kicked off the forums for it because Rashad will be the Light Heavyweight Champion AND you 'boners' will be forced to jump ship to the next great hype. Can't fooking wait. Couple more hours, then it's over.
Ahem?

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #270 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:41 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Ah, leave the poor guy alone, lol. Everyone has their favour fighter.

You lot just wait until the Sonnen/Silva fight gets closer
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome