Bonnar Calls out Griffin, Weighs in on Overeem - Inside MMA - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Phantom Cam Lesbians
 
AJClark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Englandland.
Posts: 1,482
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Rather see Bonnar vs Rampage.

Oh, wait. Bonnar is too much of a chicken for that.
Quote:
A surprise fight between Stephan Bonnar and Rampage Jackson could be brewing after Bonnar called out the former UFC light-heavyweight champion on Saturday.

Bonnar posted his third straight victory with a unanimous decision win over Kyle Kingsbury at UFC 139, during which he once again displayed his granite chin.

The UFC veteran has never been knocked out in his MMA career, only suffering two TKO losses due to cuts. He is also one of only two people to last the distance with reigning champion Jon Jones.

Following victory over Kingsbury, Bonnar told MMA Weekly that he has "always wanted to fight Rampage". And president Dana White later revealed that Rampage is up for the battle.

"Rampage texted me tonight and said he wants to fight him too," White said. "I don't know, we'll see."
Source ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnen
@sonnench
30 min to cement your legacy. Champ or Coward? I make a lot more than you do... Show up in 8 days I'll give you my purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisping
@bisping
Jones said he's not fighting chael on 8 days notice. I did. .... Just sayin
AJClark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 669
                     
Bonnar is awesome. I am pretty sure it is impossible to hate the guy.
Harness is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,734
                     
Love Bonnar, and would MUCH prefer to see him against Griffin.

Bonnar, at this point in his career, I think would easily beat Tito, best Forrest and also beat Rampage. He's looked great lately. His chins still as solid as ever, and his 'never say die' attitude combined with his recent training ethic will get him far imo.
K R Y is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Flyweight
 
oordeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 380
                     
I would totally support bonnar vs griffin as TUF coaches and see them fight vs each other again. As has been mentioned plenty of times before, i see Bonnar winning this.
oordeel is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Welterweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,306
                     
Bonnar would own Forrest...Thier carrers are going in different directions...
TheNinja is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
I always thought Bonnar won that first fight as well. I'd back him massively in a third installment

Total Tottenham
http://www.totaltottenham.com/forum/index.php

Supporting - Machida, Edgar, Mitrione, Pickett, Cruickshank, Wiman, Lauzon, Falcao, Belcher, Korean Zombie, Palhares, Hendricks

Retirees - Lytle, BJ Penn, Hackney,
GlasgowKiss is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Heavyweight
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,576
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJClark View Post
Quote:
A surprise fight between Stephan Bonnar and Rampage Jackson could be brewing after Bonnar called out the former UFC light-heavyweight champion on Saturday.

Bonnar posted his third straight victory with a unanimous decision win over Kyle Kingsbury at UFC 139, during which he once again displayed his granite chin.

The UFC veteran has never been knocked out in his MMA career, only suffering two TKO losses due to cuts. He is also one of only two people to last the distance with reigning champion Jon Jones.

Following victory over Kingsbury, Bonnar told MMA Weekly that he has "always wanted to fight Rampage". And president Dana White later revealed that Rampage is up for the battle.

"Rampage texted me tonight and said he wants to fight him too," White said. "I don't know, we'll see."
Source ESPN


Griffin said he doesn't want to fight anymore & wants to retire. Bonnar calling him out is like calling out Dan Hardy or Matt Hughes, imo.

I'll be glad if Bonnar fights Rampage at least he'll have an opportunity to see if his cockiness is justified & test himself as opposed to picking on someone whose fighting days are done.


Hard work is the only real PED.
Trix is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
MLD
Bantamweight
 
MLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon Country
Posts: 643
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Rather see Bonnar vs Rampage.

Oh, wait. Bonnar is too much of a chicken for that.
I struggle to understand how any UFC fighter could be labeled a chicken. Do you really think a man who gets in the cage and fights for a living is a "chicken" on any level? It is understandable for someone to not be anxious to fight someone else for one reason or another...but I hardly think that makes a UFC fighter a chicken. Just my opinion...

Bonnar specifically has always come to fight. He called Rampage out but the fight never happened. I have nothing but respect for the guy and would love to see him and Forrest coach TUF.
MLD is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Heavyweight
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,576
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLD View Post
I struggle to understand how any UFC fighter could be labeled a chicken. Do you really think a man who gets in the cage and fights for a living is a "chicken" on any level? It is understandable for someone to not be anxious to fight someone else for one reason or another...but I hardly think that makes a UFC fighter a chicken. Just my opinion...

Bonnar specifically has always come to fight. He called Rampage out but the fight never happened. I have nothing but respect for the guy and would love to see him and Forrest coach TUF.


1:35

There's a good fight for Bonnar.

Bonnar would rather pick on Forrest, instead?

I don't claim to know, but it does seem a bit weak to me to callout declining fighters on the verge of retiring.

Why not callout Chuck Liddell? Yeah, I'm sure a lot of ppl would want to fight him considering his chin isn't what it used to be. In some ways that would be the move of a coward?

I don't see that Forrest is too different.

It makes sense for Tito to have a last fight against Forrest. But, unless Bonnar is planning to retire or quit fighting it doesn't make much sense for him to fight Forrest when he could possibly fight someone in the top 10.


Hard work is the only real PED.

Last edited by Trix; 04-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Trix is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,883
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post


1:35

There's a good fight for Bonnar.

Bonnar would rather pick on Forrest, instead?

I don't claim to know, but it does seem a bit weak to me to callout declining fighters on the verge of retiring.

Why not callout Chuck Liddell? Yeah, I'm sure a lot of ppl would want to fight him considering his chin isn't what it used to be. In some ways that would be the move of a coward?

I don't see that Forrest is too different.

It makes sense for Tito to have a last fight against Forrest. But, unless Bonnar is planning to retire or quit fighting it doesn't make much sense for him to fight Forrest when he could possibly fight someone in the top 10.
Forest is planning on retiring so actually it does make a lot of sense for him to fight Bonnar again. I doubt Bonnar is worried about getting the belt any time soon. He just wants to put on good fights and have fun. Get off his jock.
MikeHawk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome