UFC event in Russia? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
I've read your post about 5 times now. I still have no idea what point you're trying to make in regards to what I wrote. Usually when you reply to someone, you reply to what they just said. Not go off on your own tangent and write what ever comes to mind.
your point was the you are mike hawk and you dont think fedor is any good, so therefore you dont care and neither does the world care about m1?

my point is the world is 95% non american and doesnt give two shits what dana told you to think.

in sporting scale terms , if you add up every attendance at ufc events since royce, it doesnt cover man utds stadium attendance for one month.

the real madrid could buy the entire ufc roster and make them fight at half time just to amuse their fans.

there is a big world out there with a lot of money and the way things are in your head where youre sitting, dont mean shit to the rest of us.

lesnar v overeem did 800 000 ppv. thats the biggest two guys in the sport fighting.

fedor v monson did 7.5 million on russian tv.

the most watched ufc events in history are tuf 10 kimbo and cain v dos santos at 5.7 million.
lolwut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 52
SydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
your point was the you are mike hawk and you dont think fedor is any good, so therefore you dont care and neither does the world care about m1?

my point is the world is 95% non american and doesnt give two shits what dana told you to think.

in sporting scale terms , if you add up every attendance at ufc events since royce, it doesnt cover man utds stadium attendance for one month.

the real madrid could buy the entire ufc roster and make them fight at half time just to amuse their fans.

there is a big world out there with a lot of money and the way things are in your head where youre sitting, dont mean shit to the rest of us.

lesnar v overeem did 800 000 ppv. thats the biggest two guys in the sport fighting.

fedor v monson did 7.5 million on russian tv.

the most watched ufc events in history are tuf 10 kimbo and cain v dos santos at 5.7 million.
My head hurts.

Quote:
in sporting scale terms , if you add up every attendance at ufc events since royce, it doesnt cover man utds stadium attendance for one month.
This one made me laugh though. I don't think you could come up with a more irrelevant stat if you tried.
SydneyFC is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post
My head hurts.



This one made me laugh though. I don't think you could come up with a more irrelevant stat if you tried.
this is because you are likely an american with no concept of just how small and insignificant you are.

let me make it even more clear to you. if you watched football, thats real football, not your provincial little version, you would realise the following.

if something becomes a world sport, there are different markets all running parallel. there is no nfl attracting all the talent. there are many different grass roots orgs and there are mant different leagues. there are inevitably 4 or 5 really big ones. they do not try to buy each other or forbid sportsmen from moving from one to the other. thats not how it works in the real world. you have the main orgs and at any time players can move from one to the other. they have healthy talent pools and they have, depending on their respective incentives, international markets attracting talent. and then you have inevitably competition between these orgs. what you do not have in global sports are orgs based in america that attract all the talent and go outof their way to denigrate everyone else. the global expansion of mma like any other sport does not support this model.

thats reality. thats reality in football. thats reality in rugby. in cricket. sports that >>>>> of times bigger than the ones you watch.

you dont watch ufc because of the hype machine or because it is local. you watch it ultimately because thats where the talent is. therefore thats where the international market is strongest.

but as other orgs grow the equation changes.

creating cold fronts with russia and eastern europe wont help in the long term, because as their talent pool grows they will deal with eveyone apart from america.

already there are a handful of different centres worldwide for mma. and their regions of control and influence are growing as they trade with each other. this will only increase in the years to come if the sport continues to grow.

as mma goes global, that is reality.

Last edited by lolwut : 04-29-2012 at 12:33 AM.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
your point was the you are mike hawk and you dont think fedor is any good, so therefore you dont care and neither does the world care about m1?
You're mistaken. My point was the UFC has no Russian fighter to market THEIR show to Russians. I never stated Russians don't watch MMA and I never said Fedor was bad.

You need some help with your reading comprehension skills.
MikeHawk is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
You're mistaken. My point was the UFC has no Russian fighter to market THEIR show to Russians. I never stated Russians don't watch MMA and I never said Fedor was bad.

You need some help with your reading comprehension skills.
clearly i need a universal translator set to gobshite.

they have russian and eastern european based fighters. but you are correct that they are strangely not attracting all the best ones or all the young ones.

the ufc roster in 2012 is still 69% american/brazilian and 81% us/brazilian/canadian/uk. there is no other nation outside of japan that even has double digits in terms of roster numbers. and they only have 11. the roster is massively disproportionately represented with local talent. however you cut it, this is not the world of mma. it is the pick of the crop vs america. and it is also a few tokens thrown in. theres nothing wrong with that, but as the sport grows, the world dynamic changes.

Last edited by lolwut : 04-29-2012 at 12:46 AM.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 52
SydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
this is because you are likely an american with no concept of just how small and insignificant you are.

let me make it even more clear to you. if you watched football, thats real football, not your provincial little version, you would realise the following.

if something becomes a world sport, there are different markets all running parallel. there is no nfl attracting all the talent. there are many different grass roots orgs and there are mant different leagues. there are inevitably 4 or 5 really big ones. they do not try to buy each other or forbid sportsmen from moving from one to the other. thats not how it works in the real world. you have the main orgs and at any time players can move from one to the other. they have healthy talent pools and they have, depending on their respective incentives, international markets attracting talent. and then you have inevitably competition between these orgs. what you do not have in global sports are orgs based in america that attract all the talent and go outof their way to denigrate everyone else. the global expansion of mma like any other sport does not support this model.

thats reality. thats reality in football. thats reality in rugby. in cricket. sports that >>>>> of times bigger than the ones you watch.

you dont watch ufc because of the hype machine or because it is local. you watch it ultimately because thats where the talent is. therefore thats where the international market is strongest.

but as other orgs grow the equation changes.

creating cold fronts with russia and eastern europe wont help in the long term, because as their talent pool grows they will deal with eveyone apart from america.

already there are a handful of different centres worldwide for mma. and their regions of control and influence are growing as they trade with each other. this will only increase in the years to come if the sport continues to grow.

as mma goes global, that is reality.
I'm Australian. My username clearly states SYDNEY. The sports that you mentioned as world sports and gave me such wonderful insights on are our national sports you ranting idiot. Why are you trying to lecture me on sports that I live and breathe based on your stupid assumptions that I'm American?


Quote:
this is because you are likely an american with no concept of just how small and insignificant you are.
Didn't Mummy ever tell you to not judge a book by looking at its cover?

Quote:
and then you have inevitably competition between these orgs. what you do not have in global sports are orgs based in america that attract all the talent and go outof their way to denigrate everyone else.
Ah yes, you got me. These so-called global sports and the so-called 'inevitable competition' that it brings is oh-so obvious. Four different EPL winners since the Premier League's inception in 1992? Twelve times Manchester United have won the League since 1992. I won't even get into La Liga, and these are the two biggest Football leagues I'm talking about here which you cannot deny.

Now you are trying to convince me that this system creates a healthy competition, yet in the same breath you give shit to the NBA,NFL,NHL and other American-based orgs who have a salary cap system and arguably the closest professional sports competitions in the world?

Wow.

Last edited by SydneyFC : 04-29-2012 at 12:52 AM.
SydneyFC is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post
I'm Australian. My username clearly states SYDNEY. The sports that you mentioned as world sports and gave me such wonderful insights on are our national sports you ranting idiot. Why are you trying to lecture me on sports that I live and breathe based on your stupid assumptions that I'm American?




Didn't Mummy ever tell you to not judge a book by looking at its cover?



Ah yes, you got me. These so-called global sports and the so-called 'inevitable competition' that it brings is oh-so obvious. Four different EPL winners since the Premier League's inception in 1992? Twelve times Manchester United have won the League since 1992. I won't even get into La Liga, and these are the two biggest Football leagues I'm talking about here which you cannot deny.

Now you are trying to convince me that this system creates a healthy competition, yet in the same breath you give shit to the NBA,NFL,NHL and other American-based orgs who have a salary cap system and arguably the closest professional sports competitions in the world?

Wow.
mummy insults. lol. il dig one up you might recognise so you can crawl back into the hole you came from.

you are australian. well done. you live on one of the most sparsely populated countries on earth. somehow that makes you more significant than if you were american? gtfo

your true national sport is aussie rules. the rest are british games you absolute fkn moron.

you are simply making my point. you watch british games, just like your cretinous criminal ancestors. and if by some fluke your provincial little joke game ever caught on... then the situation would change for aussie rules too.

idiot.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post
I'm Australian. My username clearly states SYDNEY. The sports that you mentioned as world sports and gave me such wonderful insights on are our national sports you ranting idiot. Why are you trying to lecture me on sports that I live and breathe based on your stupid assumptions that I'm American?




Didn't Mummy ever tell you to not judge a book by looking at its cover?



Ah yes, you got me. These so-called global sports and the so-called 'inevitable competition' that it brings is oh-so obvious. Four different EPL winners since the Premier League's inception in 1992? Twelve times Manchester United have won the League since 1992. I won't even get into La Liga, and these are the two biggest Football leagues I'm talking about here which you cannot deny.

Now you are trying to convince me that this system creates a healthy competition, yet in the same breath you give shit to the NBA,NFL,NHL and other American-based orgs who have a salary cap system and arguably the closest professional sports competitions in the world?

Wow.
why are you editing like a moron post reply?

fine il try to keep up with your brain farts.

what the hell do premier league winners have to do with anything? there are 9 or 10 strong clubs that dominate. even this year in europe there was enough diversity in club competition that birmingham city, a second league club, had successes in the europa league and meanwhile man utd lost in both the champions league and the europa. barcalona and real madrid were upset by teams that were big underdogs to qualify for the final. and guess what, their was no balding idiot telling us which teams should play each other and which couldnt. you are the worlds biggest arsehat if you even try to compare the free competition in football to ufcs closed tent circus. seriously. there is more diversity in your average championship club than there is on the ufc roster.

then you bring up american sports, ludicrously. with their drug problems, player strikes and endless hype about being world games, yet only containing clubs from one nation. gtfo. youre ridiculous. you think a salary cap is free competition? all it is doing is creating a situation where clubs are prevented from growing. you drone on about something you clearly know nothing about. how many non american clubs have ever won an american sport. they dont exist. because they are either barred from competing or no one gives a sht about those sports.

meanwhile you have clubs such as porto winning the champions league and blackburn winning the premiership. you quote man utd stupidly, but man utd are a dynasty built on hard work and youth development. chelsea tried to buy the epl and failed to sustain any dominance. they arent even currently top 5. man city tried it this year and failed. real madrid basically tried to buy an all star team and they were still smashed by the barca youth system. so gtfo. talk about something you know like aussie rules and how to lose the ashes.

in rugby and in cricket, australia is becoming a joke.

Last edited by lolwut : 04-29-2012 at 01:09 AM.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 52
SydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyFC has a spectacular aura about
Cretinous criminal ancestors? Nice one pal.

You are a joke and your arguments make little to no sense. This isn't worth my time.

P.S: Please ATLEAST attempt to incorporate a little bit of grammar into your sentences, your rants resemble the frustrations of a ten-year-old behind a keyboard. Seriously.
SydneyFC is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post
Cretinous criminal ancestors? Nice one pal.

You are a joke and your arguments make little to no sense. This isn't worth my time.

P.S: Please ATLEAST attempt to incorporate a little bit of grammar into your sentences, your rants resemble the frustrations of a ten-year-old behind a keyboard. Seriously.
dont blame me for your chav fkn ancestors or your hereditary fkn illiteracy mate.

you have no argument. real sports have free competition and a world market. seriously. stick to aussie rules and failing on the world level at everything from rugby to cricket.

you are rather good at that. cretin.
lolwut is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios