UFC event in Russia? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
UFC86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 982
UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.UFC86 Is among the most hated on the net.
UFC event in Russia?

What are the chances of a UFC coming to Russia in the near future? wouldnt that be a good move? according to Lorenzo Fertitta they want to focus on Western Europe now, but I think theyre missing on their biggest market in Europe.

Fighters like Nurmagomedov, Gashimov, Siver and Matyushenko are already in UFC. Other fighters like Shlemenko, Sarnavskiy, Guram, Vasilevski, Koreshkov among others can also perform at UFC level and bring in new styles.
Theres also some Russian wrestlers and boxers I believe can transition to MMA.

So why does the UFC not do an event in Russia, where the previously ranked #1 Fedor comes from?
__________________
Following: Cain , JDS, Werdum, Shogun, Machida, Weidman, Pettis, Aldo, Melendez
UFC86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC86 View Post
What are the chances of a UFC coming to Russia in the near future? wouldnt that be a good move? according to Lorenzo Fertitta they want to focus on Western Europe now, but I think theyre missing on their biggest market in Europe.

Fighters like Nurmagomedov, Gashimov, Siver and Matyushenko are already in UFC. Other fighters like Shlemenko, Sarnavskiy, Guram, Vasilevski, Koreshkov among others can also perform at UFC level and bring in new styles.
Theres also some Russian wrestlers and boxers I believe can transition to MMA.

So why does the UFC not do an event in Russia, where the previously ranked #1 Fedor comes from?


good luck with that one, im sure putin will be very supportive.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
I think when they start setting up those regional shows you will see them in your neck of the woods. It's just a matter of time
__________________


Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
The UFC is already having trouble putting enough shows on for the current demand and the market for MMA in Russia isn't nearly as big as India/Brazil/The UK.

Maybe if they had a few more Russian fighters or a champion it would happen. Until then, it doesn't look likely.
MikeHawk is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
The UFC is already having trouble putting enough shows on for the current demand and the market for MMA in Russia isn't nearly as big as India/Brazil/The UK.

Maybe if they had a few more Russian fighters or a champion it would happen. Until then, it doesn't look likely.
eastern europe is a massive market in itself and russia had fedor fights on national television and putin in the ring. can you imagine the rub of having barack at a ufc event. the market is there. its just related to world mma and divorced from american mma because of the ufc beef. m1 is a legit company in terms of its range and reach world wide, whatever people think of it in america. ufc=/=world mma. it might be the biggest org, but there are a lot of centres of mma and they all have their satellites.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
eastern europe is a massive market in itself and russia had fedor fights on national television and putin in the ring. can you imagine the rub of having barack at a ufc event. the market is there. its just related to world mma and divorced from american mma because of the ufc beef. m1 is a legit company in terms of its range and reach world wide, whatever people think of it in america. ufc=/=world mma. it might be the biggest org, but there are a lot of centres of mma and they all have their satellites.
But the problem is they don't have a Fedor anymore. There's no one there to make the casual fan take interest in the sport like GSP and Silva have done with Canada and Brazil.
MikeHawk is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
But the problem is they don't have a Fedor anymore. There's no one there to make the casual fan take interest in the sport like GSP and Silva have done with Canada and Brazil.
we disagree. the bigger picture is that ufc has owned mma in america and attracted most of the top talent to america. but that is only one side of the coin. as the market grows worldwide other nations companys become competitors rather than just strikeforce etc. its basically history repeating itself since with pride. india, brazil, eastern europe, and to a lesser extent east asia have their companies. east asia is a sprcial example because mma was in the mainstream there. it literally was mainstream christmas tv.

as the new generation of talent grows around the world, the bottom line is that m1 owns eastern europe and russia. and to an extent they make in roads into westrern europe, east asia etc. they have 100s of events. all danas sh*t talk is basically a pathetic attempt to denegrate a competitor. he sees the future, but if he had a better brain he would have possibly averted the cold front he instead helped to create. there is a whole world out there that doesnt buy his bs. and the world is a big place. the idea of cages, american home rule, 2/3 of an org filled with local wrestlers and calling itself global... its a good hustle, but its not a natural assumption to the 95% of planet earth that ufc=mma. as the sport grows, the world becomes the cake and the world is a big place.

as for fedor, i dont think everyone buys the dana bs or the bs losses.

and fedor is a bigger name now in russia than when he fought in pride...just saying.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kimantong,philippines
Posts: 17
kimantongboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
that is very interesting, i think i have to agree with lolwut.
kimantongboi is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
lolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of lightlolwut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimantongboi View Post
that is very interesting, i think i have to agree with lolwut.
think about what m1 represents to dana. it is the one companmy that he can not buy, threaten or corrupt with his influence. again you dont have to like m1 to see this. you dotn have to agree with m1s actions of representations to see this. but 90% of what you call news comes from ufc friendly websites that would get their hall pass taken away if they crossed dana. go on youtube and see the pages and pages of russian text by fedor fights. dont fixate on any one fighter, but see the bigger picture ten years from now.

dana white has presided over the biggest consolidation of talent in world history. he has also possibly helped to fracture the world of tomorrow with his colonial mindset. he has attempted to set up franchises and that has some legs, but the bottom line is as much as ufc has done to popularise the sport, dana has no real powers beyond the borders of america. he knows this, thats why whilst wamma was ridiculed and failed as an attempt to set up a locus of power away from ufc, ufc now supports a friendly world body in scandinavia. they want to project legitmacy. they need to. the alternative is a lot of grass roots orgs growing up and eventually telling dana to go **** himself and taking their talent with them.

only an american with a ridiculous colonial mindset would not see this coming if he really thought about it.

you cant teach the world to fight, only how to package fights. when they backwards engineer that and use the hype you created to juice their own model, you have a load of different world centres for mma.

ufc brazil is creating records. but the ufc hasnt just owned brazil. what it has done has also served to legitimise the product of generic mma in brazil itself. how long before home growns eat up that market? brazil just by itself has the potential to develop companies bigger than the ufc. just brazil all by itself has that potential. thats the bigger picture.
lolwut is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
we disagree. the bigger picture is that ufc has owned mma in america and attracted most of the top talent to america. but that is only one side of the coin. as the market grows worldwide other nations companys become competitors rather than just strikeforce etc. its basically history repeating itself since with pride. india, brazil, eastern europe, and to a lesser extent east asia have their companies. east asia is a sprcial example because mma was in the mainstream there. it literally was mainstream christmas tv.

as the new generation of talent grows around the world, the bottom line is that m1 owns eastern europe and russia. and to an extent they make in roads into westrern europe, east asia etc. they have 100s of events. all danas sh*t talk is basically a pathetic attempt to denegrate a competitor. he sees the future, but if he had a better brain he would have possibly averted the cold front he instead helped to create. there is a whole world out there that doesnt buy his bs. and the world is a big place. the idea of cages, american home rule, 2/3 of an org filled with local wrestlers and calling itself global... its a good hustle, but its not a natural assumption to the 95% of planet earth that ufc=mma. as the sport grows, the world becomes the cake and the world is a big place.

as for fedor, i dont think everyone buys the dana bs or the bs losses.

and fedor is a bigger name now in russia than when he fought in pride...just saying.
I've read your post about 5 times now. I still have no idea what point you're trying to make in regards to what I wrote. Usually when you reply to someone, you reply to what they just said. Not go off on your own tangent and write what ever comes to mind.
MikeHawk is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios