***OFFICIAL*** Wanderlei Silva vs. Rich Franklin II Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Wanderlei Silva 6 20.69%
Rich Franklin 22 75.86%
Draw 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 AM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
I'm bummed Wanderlei gased. Just when he's beginning to become more technical and fighting more intelligently, his age is catching up with him.

I would love to see how that fight had gone if Wanderlei hadn't gotten tired easily.
If he had the energy of his younger self, he'd fight like his younger self. The more relaxed pace is not a decision, fighters are forced to do that as they get older.

Though if he had blitzed Rich in round one, he may well have stopped him.

These fights should not be main events, as a TUF finale its ok but it was a numbered event in Brazil...

SM33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,289
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Awesome we got a whole 30 seconds of actual fighting.

Rich takes this abomination 4-1.

Congrats Rich, you beat a guy who should've retired three fights ago.
Good God. The amount of hate wreaking from you is quite evident. As is the douchebaggery of "I watch more MMA than you" in your next post.

I like how you equate throwing recklessly with little regard for safety as "real fighting". Leonard Garcia should be your favorite fighter.

Also, if Wand would have won this I highly doubt you would have posted something similar. Chances are it would have still been hating Rich.

Did you pay for the card? Or are you bitching because you lost your precious time?

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #103 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,289
                     
Anyone have a gif of the end of the fight?

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #104 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:08 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,131
                     
Well Wandy fought exactly the way he should have, maybe a lil too tentative. But as SM said he doesn't have the chin/conditioning he had in his younger days. It's too bad really. After watching tonight I realized this is one of those times where this statement rings true..."if" this was in the early to mid 2000s Wandy would have swarmed from the get go and NEVER let up til his opponent was unconscious that much I could guarantee.

After 47 fights spanning 16 years he's still got it in him, good to see glimpses of his barrages.

Wand should pick one last fight of his choice for a W then leave gracefully.

PS: Rich showed why he's still very much in the game. Good win!

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #105 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,075
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
I'm bummed Wanderlei gased. Just when he's beginning to become more technical and fighting more intelligently, his age is catching up with him.

I would love to see how that fight had gone if Wanderlei hadn't gotten tired easily.
He probably would have stopped rich. Franklin didn't deal with his pressure very well. The only time Rich showed he could handle it was the very end of the fight. Other than that it looked like Rich had a hard time avoiding damage going backwards.

Also I'm more sure than ever that vitor would blit Wand and make short work of him again. Vitor hits harder, swarms better and is more technical than Rich. Rich was scoring all night with straight punches down the pipe, just never got a chance to capitalize on it.
Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #106 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 769
                     
This was a great fight! I scored the second round 10-8 for Wandy, but all other rounds for Rich. I really enjoyed this fight tho, both did great!
Abrissbirne is offline  
post #107 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Good God. The amount of hate wreaking from you is quite evident. As is the douchebaggery of "I watch more MMA than you" in your next post.

I like how you equate throwing recklessly with little regard for safety as "real fighting". Leonard Garcia should be your favorite fighter.

Also, if Wand would have won this I highly doubt you would have posted something similar. Chances are it would have still been hating Rich.

Did you pay for the card? Or are you bitching because you lost your precious time?
Only in MMA where the level of striking is so poor in general that people don't realize they have a low probability of getting KO'd if they actually throw jabs and and short precise crosses and not load up on every punch and throw wild hooks.

Matt Brown isn't even a good striker really, he's just good for MMA because he knows how to touch guys and not get hit that much. It's sad when you see more high level striking from Matt freaking Brown than "ME" fighters.


Also, I would never pay for this garbage but I can see why people are rushing to defend their investment. The same kind of people that bought this card must be the same kind of people that bought Horse Armor in the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #108 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 3,055
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
He probably would have stopped rich. Franklin didn't deal with his pressure very well. The only time Rich showed he could handle it was the very end of the fight. Other than that it looked like Rich had a hard time avoiding damage going backwards.

Also I'm more sure than ever that vitor would blit Wand and make short work of him again. Vitor hits harder, swarms better and is more technical than Rich. Rich was scoring all night with straight punches down the pipe, just never got a chance to capitalize on it.
Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
The first round was all Rich, and he tagged him hard multiple times and dropped him. I really thought Rich was gonna knock him out until Wandy caught him

Attero Dominatus.
Terror Kovenant is offline  
post #109 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 307
                     
Poor troll should take his meds.
jaycalgary is offline  
post #110 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post

Also, I would never pay for this garbage but I can see why people are rushing to defend their investment. The same kind of people that bought this card must be the same kind of people that bought Horse Armor in the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
And not a single f**k was given that day.

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome