Roger Huerta while in the UFC. - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Roger Huerta while in the UFC.

Do you guys remember how Roger Huerta performed while in the UFC??? He quickly became one of my favorite fighters to watch. He won 6 fights in a row and his last win in the UFC was against Clay Guida in one of the most epic fights iv ever seen. The way he looked just before round 3 started had me thinking at that moment "Man this guy wants this and i think he will manage to turn this around and get the win". And he did just that!! Finished Guida in amazing fashion.

He then fought Kenny Florian and got outpointed and lost the decision. Okay it was a hiccup but all in all not that big of a deal. He then fought Gray Maynard and lost a very close fight only because of Maynards wrestling. People still thought this guy had a great future ahead off him BUT a disagreement with the UFC and his pay led him to never resign a contract. People imagined he would rack up some wins in other companies and then come back to the UFC eventually.

What happened then i dont think anyone could have predicted.
At first nothing seemed wrong because he won his first fight outside of the UFC in an impressive submission victory. Since then he lost his next 4 fights with 3 of them being Tkos/Ko. Loosing to the likes of Eddie and Pat isnt that bad but he got tkoed by "War Machine" (Which is shocking to me) and just recently Zoro koed him BAD!! Here is the GIF to see this magnificent KO.

June/23/2012


(Now thats a brutal soccer kick to the dome)

So what happened to Roger Huerta??? Why is his career going downhill so fast. How do you go from decision/split with Kenny and Gray Maynard to getting tkoed by the War Machine. Does this mean that maybe the UFC LWs arnt as good as they seem or is it just Roger Huerta who has went downhill??

SideWays222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,900
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Do you guys remember how Roger Huerta performed while in the UFC??? He quickly became one of my favorite fighters to watch. He won 6 fights in a row and his last win in the UFC was against Clay Guida in one of the most epic fights iv ever seen. The way he looked just before round 3 started had me thinking at that moment "Man this guy wants this and i think he will manage to turn this around and get the win". And he did just that!! Finished Guida in amazing fashion.

He then fought Kenny Florian and got outpointed and lost the decision. Okay it was a hiccup but all in all not that big of a deal. He then fought Gray Maynard and lost a very close fight only because of Maynards wrestling. People still thought this guy had a great future ahead off him BUT a disagreement with the UFC and his pay led him to never resign a contract. People imagined he would rack up some wins in other companies and then come back to the UFC eventually.

What happened then i dont think anyone could have predicted.
At first nothing seemed wrong because he won his first fight outside of the UFC in an impressive submission victory. Since then he lost his next 4 fights with 3 of them being Tkos/Ko. Loosing to the likes of Eddie and Pat isnt that bad but he got tkoed by "War Machine" (Which is shocking to me) and just recently Zoro koed him BAD!! Here is the GIF to see this magnificent KO.

June/23/2012


(Now thats a brutal soccer kick to the dome)

So what happened to Roger Huerta??? Why is his career going downhill so fast. How do you go from decision/split with Kenny and Gray Maynard to getting tkoed by the War Machine. Does this mean that maybe the UFC LWs arnt as good as they seem or is it just Roger Huerta who has went downhill??
I once had high hopes on "The Matador." Remember seeing one of his earlier fights with Alberto Crane. He used the jumbotron screen to elbow him in the head...haha. Then his FOTN with Clay. Really an all around exciting fighter to watch. Then something inexplicably happened...

Not to sound superstitious, but I think it was Arianny Celeste. Any fighter who touches the sweet honey pot somehow goes into "fight purgatory."

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
I was and still am a big fan of Roger's. The guy just had charisma and an awesome fighting style. The highlight of his UFC run for me was that famous scene where, (I can't remember who) but someone had his back but he was on his knees, and Roger was using the jumbo screens in the arena to see the guy's head and elbow him. It was awesome!

Also, when that youtube clip surfaced of Roger beating the big dude up outside a night club because the guy hit some girl, it was hard not to rally behind the guy.

As far as his downward spiral. I don't think it has anything to do with the LW division being weaker than once thought, I think personally think Roger gave up a little bit when things went the way they did with the UFC. He probably also thought in these smaller organizations, he was going to mow through the competition, that obviously didn't happen.

Just my theory though.
BrianRClover is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
He became a celebrity fighter and lost his desire once the spotlight got put on him.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:44 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
First off don't write War Machine off the guy is bat shit crazy but is more than good enough in the cage to maintain a spot on the roster of the UFC if he had his personal shit together.

Secondly after Huerta left the UFC it has never really seemed like he maintained much dedication.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 129
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
First off don't write War Machine off the guy is bat shit crazy but is more than good enough in the cage to maintain a spot on the roster of the UFC if he had his personal shit together.

Secondly after Huerta left the UFC it has never really seemed like he maintained much dedication.
Quoted for truth on both points
buddyface is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,883
                     
Pretty obvious why he started losing. He just wanted to fight and be a movie star instead of training.

It's a shame too, I can't remember a bad Huerta fight in the UFC.
MikeHawk is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,281
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
First off don't write War Machine off the guy is bat shit crazy but is more than good enough in the cage to maintain a spot on the roster of the UFC if he had his personal shit together.

Secondly after Huerta left the UFC it has never really seemed like he maintained much dedication.
In Thailand ATM training at Tiger, and saw Roger training at PTT just over a week ago, and for a dude that's not maintained much dedication he looked shredded, and his Muay Thai looked really slick! From what I've seen, heard and watched on the pre-fight videos, Roger really re-dedicated himself for this fight. He sees this next year as his last real chance to get back to his best and make a run again. Turned out last night he took on a legit contender in Zoro, and got KTFO, but that was because Zoro was the better fighter on the night, not because Roger wasn't dedicated.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
So none of you guys think the Mike Swick incident has anything to do with Roger's performance? He was noticeably rattled before the fight.







El Bresko is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
So none of you guys think the Mike Swick incident has anything to do with Roger's performance? He was noticeably rattled before the fight.
What Mike Swick incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
First off don't write War Machine off the guy is bat shit crazy but is more than good enough in the cage to maintain a spot on the roster of the UFC if he had his personal shit together.

Secondly after Huerta left the UFC it has never really seemed like he maintained much dedication.
He is written off. Sorry. The guy sucks and had no business in the UFC. But you can think otherwise if that is what you want. No biggie

His few good wins dont impress me and his performances in the UFC didnt impress me. But thats my opinion. His life outside of the cage i dont even want to comment on.

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome