Anderson Silva goes Off On Sonnen - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Beating your GF and money laundry is in the same boat???

Good to know...
Both are crimes, it's just your interpretation of the law. White collar crimes happen all the time and are serious. If you want to get technical, explain why Folyd got 90 days in jail for beating his girlfriend, Donte Stallworth (nfl player) got 30 days for killing a man with his car while drunk, Mike Vick get 23 months for setting up a dog fighting ring and lying to the judge.

If you were to judge these offense which one would the worst? Probably Donte,then Folyd,Then Vick. However the sentence says otherwise. Chael Sonnen faced up 10 years in prison. Under law that is a serious offence, don't you find it funny you can commit a crime that cause someone harm and receive a lesser sentence than perjury carries?
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #92 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Both are crimes, it's just your interpretation of the law. White collar crimes happen all the time and are serious. If you want to get technical, explain why Folyd got 90 days in jail for beating his girlfriend, Donte Stallworth (nfl player) got 30 days for killing a man with his car while drunk, Mike Vick get 23 months for setting up a dog fighting ring and lying to the judge.

If you were to judge these offense which one would the worst? Probably Donte,then Folyd,Then Vick. However the sentence says otherwise. Chael Sonnen faced up 10 years in prison. Under law that is a serious offence, don't you find it funny you can commit a crime that cause someone harm and receive a lesser sentence than perjury carries?
If you jaywalk you are kind of asking for it. It isn't like he ran up onto the sidwalk or some shit. I would say Floyd, Vick, and then Stallworth since the first two were actively attempting violence against another living being. Even though Stallworth was wrong for drinking and driving it didn't necessarily even cause the incident.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #93 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,983
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
I thought it was fake at first. I wouldn't be surprised if Silva wrecks Sonnen early... and I'm a Sonnen fan.

Than again, I thought that the first time too. This is going to be one of the few fights that I will actually be nervous for before it starts. I love those fights.
__________________
RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #94 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I thought it was fake at first. I wouldn't be surprised if Silva wrecks Sonnen early... and I'm a Sonnen fan.

Than again, I thought that the first time too. This is going to be one of the few fights that I will actually be nervous for before it starts. I love those fights.
Ya man, the first fight was an emotional roller coaster.My heart rate was racing through out the fight. At one point i think i herd it beating through the noise. The second fight should be the same, if Silva loses i would be disappointed.

As great as he is, he will eventually lose because all great things come to an end at some point. I just hope its not to Chael Sonnen. In all seriousness as good as Chael is he is a boring ass fighting to be honest.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #95 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,246
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
As great as he is, he will eventually lose because all great things come to an end at some point. I just hope its not to Chael Sonnen. In all seriousness as good as Chael is he is a boring ass fighting to be honest.
Firstly, I agree. I would be disappointed if a maggot like Sonnen is the one to dethrone the uber-Jedi demigod funk-master.

Secondly, Chael Sonnen is not boring. I enjoyed his grinding of Marquart, Okami and Silva. The fight against Bisping was a cracking encounter. Plus, he is the victim of arguably the most beautiful submission ever in the UFC.

Thirdly, as much as I love Silva... Chael with the belt will do wonders for the division. I'm half hoping Silva wins and then retires. That'll be a glorious way to end it. Then the belt is up in the air... which is exciting for the MW contenders.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #96 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Firstly, I agree. I would be disappointed if a maggot like Sonnen is the one to dethrone the uber-Jedi demigod funk-master.

Secondly, Chael Sonnen is not boring. I enjoyed his grinding of Marquart, Okami and Silva. The fight against Bisping was a cracking encounter. Plus, he is the victim of arguably the most beautiful submission ever in the UFC.

Thirdly, as much as I love Silva... Chael with the belt will do wonders for the division. I'm half hoping Silva wins and then retires. That'll be a glorious way to end it. Then the belt is up in the air... which is exciting for the MW contenders.
That would be the most shocking thing in MMA if Silva retires out of the blue, he is 37 so it could happen. But i would love to see him whoop Chael`s ass, then retire from MW and call out GSP or Jones. Mainly GSP for a lot of reason, UFC 112,GSP chants during his fights, he doesn`t deserve to fight GSP, and the half a decade of fantasy match up between the two.

If Chael were to lose I would to see him fight that math teacher he has been dissing for years. Rich Franklin looks like he is a legit contender at MW again.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #97 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,246
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
But i would love to see him whoop Chael`s ass, then retire from MW and call out GSP or Jones.
Naaa. I have a lot of respect for athletes who withdraw when they are at the very top of their game. The trouble is, they are a very rare breed. I totally dont enjoy watching fighters who touched the stars slowly degrade into mediocre rubbish collecting high paychecks. I appreciate their need to do it... but I dont enjoy it.

If Silva wins and retires, all the remaining MW's will never know if they could have beat him or not. It'll be a yardstick that MW's will be measured against for years to come. Thats what you call a legacy. It would be a beautiful thing.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 172
funkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
If you jaywalk you are kind of asking for it. It isn't like he ran up onto the sidwalk or some shit. I would say Floyd, Vick, and then Stallworth since the first two were actively attempting violence against another living being. Even though Stallworth was wrong for drinking and driving it didn't necessarily even cause the incident.
Man, I'm glad as **** that I'm not American haha.

I agree with two posts up, I'd love to see Silva retire and fight GSP. The best Vs the best. Jon Jones may well be the best this second, but he's been here 10 minutes while GSP and Silva have been side by side for way too long. One needs to stand out, because the winner would be crowned the greatest MMA fighter in history, and yes, that includes Fedor.
funkasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #99 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 2,762
Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Naaa. I have a lot of respect for athletes who withdraw when they are at the very top of their game. The trouble is, they are a very rare breed. I totally dont enjoy watching fighters who touched the stars slowly degrade into mediocre rubbish collecting high paychecks. I appreciate their need to do it... but I dont enjoy it.

If Silva wins and retires, all the remaining MW's will never know if they could have beat him or not. It'll be a yardstick that MW's will be measured against for years to come. Thats what you call a legacy. It would be a beautiful thing.
I agree. It would really be nice if he retired without having lost the title.

Wouldn't it be funny if Rich Franklin really made his title run again, gets his shot. And then, after demolishing Franklin again, Silva retires¿ Like "It ends like it began"
Voiceless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #100 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,983
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
I agree. It would really be nice if he retired without having lost the title.

Wouldn't it be funny if Rich Franklin really made his title run again, gets his shot. And then, after demolishing Franklin again, Silva retires¿ Like "It ends like it began"
I don't think Franklin, Silva, or the UFC would ever let Silva Franklin 3 happen.

I wonder if Chael will have more respect for Silva now that he showed a little emotion? Seemed to me like that's all Chael ever wanted.
__________________
RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios