UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen - Primetime [22:25] HD - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,236
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I did find it to be going a bit too far and im someone that has found just about everything Chael has said really funny so far. To talk about kids that are to poor to afford the kids white kids can and are forced to have fun playing outside in the mud is pretty low. Im sure those kida dont find anything wrong with the way their playing so that Chael looks down on them for it.... ehhh

Oh well im still on Team Chael.
Yea... it was a bit much. That's the only thing he's said where I honestly feel he's overstepped the banter boundaries. Even the wife steak ass slap thing is tame compared to this.

Still, he looks right miserable when he says it. I'm going to put it down to having a shit day. When I think about the stupid things ive said over the years, on my shit days? ... *facepalm* ... I'll cut Sonnen some slack. Not sure the Brazilians will. Honestly, if one of our sportsmen said something like that in the UK, it would not slide. I dont get why its any better or worse then shit other fighters have got into trouble for. So if anybody should take criticism, its Dana and his double standards.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Yea... it was a bit much. That's the only thing he's said where I honestly feel he's overstepped the banter boundaries. Even the wife steak ass slap thing is tame compared to this.

Still, he looks right miserable when he says it. I'm going to put it down to having a shit day. When I think about the stupid things ive said over the years, on my shit days? ... *facepalm* ... I'll cut Sonnen some slack. Not sure the Brazilians will. Honestly, if one of our sportsmen said something like that in the UK, it would not slide. I dont get why its any better or worse then shit other fighters have got into trouble for. So if anybody should take criticism, its Dana and his double standards.
yeah i get it. I mean we have probably all said some stupid things. Iv said things downright cruel in the heat of the moment and then the next day im beating myself over for it. Who is to say Chael wasnt in a similar situation.

But one of the reasons i really dont like what Chael said is because when i was young i grew up in germany in a pretty poor place living with my mom. My dad still lived in a different country and sent money to us when he could. But at the time growing up poor is all i knew and i really didnt think it was any different then how other people grew up. It was a poor place that had tons of foreigners living there who couldnt really afford a home and were living on what the country could provide. I grew up playing soccer, marbles on the dirt, making up different games with the kids, climbing trees grabbing cherries, and exploring since we had 3 different forests next to our buildings and only 1 road out of the area. It wasnt until i went to a kids birthday party that i really realized how the other kids were growing up. Huge 2 story homes with a bunch of games and pools. Still my mom provided me with everything i ever needed and asked for even if she didnt have the money the other parents did. Thats just kind of the situation you are stuck with when you leave a country in war without your husband and 2 kids and none of us spoke german at the time. So Chaels comment kind of hit home for me but even then im not that offended. But i think looking down on kids in the same situation i used to be in is pretty rotten.

Since then we moved to America when i was about 10 or 11 (2000) and our financial situation is well off and my mom and dad were able to come here together. Sadly my mom did pass away from cancer when i was 16 but what she done for us is something il never quit thanking her for. And none of those kids growing up playing outside should feel bad about that. Its some of the most fun iv ever had in my life was living there with alot of other young kids and as Chael puts it playing in the "Mud".
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System


Here is the video of that conference btw guys.

19:40 had be cracking up and when Anderson Silva was laughing and Chael started snoring in to the Mic that also had me laughing. Not as much for what Chael did but just because im listening to the talking and then all of the sudden i hear a snoring noise going over the voice currently talking. I thought my speakers were messing up but instead it was just the loveable Chael Sonnen haha.


I just got to 29:37 and right before their stareoff Anderson Silva gets the belt handed to him and Chael Sonnen reaches for it. That was probably the funniest thing i have seen Chael do. Hahaha
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 2,737
Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I grew up playing soccer, marbles on the dirt, making up different games with the kids, climbing trees grabbing cherries, and exploring since we had 3 different forests next to our buildings
I think that's way better than growing up as a video game zombie like a lot of kids do nowadays.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
above will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post

I grew up playing soccer, marbles on the dirt, making up different games with the kids, climbing trees grabbing cherries, and exploring
I grew up as middle class in Europe and that's exactly how I spent most of my days. I'd much rather my kids grow up playing like that, exploring things in nature and interacting with other kids face to face than have them raised by a TV, a computer or a Facebook "nanny".
above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,991
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
yeah i get it. I mean we have probably all said some stupid things. Iv said things downright cruel in the heat of the moment and then the next day im beating myself over for it. Who is to say Chael wasnt in a similar situation.

But one of the reasons i really dont like what Chael said is because when i was young i grew up in germany in a pretty poor place living with my mom. My dad still lived in a different country and sent money to us when he could. But at the time growing up poor is all i knew and i really didnt think it was any different then how other people grew up. It was a poor place that had tons of foreigners living there who couldnt really afford a home and were living on what the country could provide. I grew up playing soccer, marbles on the dirt, making up different games with the kids, climbing trees grabbing cherries, and exploring since we had 3 different forests next to our buildings and only 1 road out of the area. It wasnt until i went to a kids birthday party that i really realized how the other kids were growing up. Huge 2 story homes with a bunch of games and pools. Still my mom provided me with everything i ever needed and asked for even if she didnt have the money the other parents did. Thats just kind of the situation you are stuck with when you leave a country in war without your husband and 2 kids and none of us spoke german at the time. So Chaels comment kind of hit home for me but even then im not that offended. But i think looking down on kids in the same situation i used to be in is pretty rotten.

Since then we moved to America when i was about 10 or 11 (2000) and our financial situation is well off and my mom and dad were able to come here together. Sadly my mom did pass away from cancer when i was 16 but what she done for us is something il never quit thanking her for. And none of those kids growing up playing outside should feel bad about that. Its some of the most fun iv ever had in my life was living there with alot of other young kids and as Chael puts it playing in the "Mud".

Cool story bro, tell it again.
__________________
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,276
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
This fight probably won't even do a million buys, unless they put the full court press on during the week of. Maybe if the Primetime was 3 weeks and on FX I could see it.

Their first fight only got 600,000 and it was on a much, much better card.
This. People like to perpetuate this myth that Chael is a marketing genius and he's laughing all the way to the bank while we hate his antics.

Truth is they're not really putting that many more viewers on the table any more than they're helping him win fights. They're just making him look like a scripted wwe jackass.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
All Eyez on Me
 
vilify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,480
vilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
This. People like to perpetuate this myth that Chael is a marketing genius and he's laughing all the way to the bank while we hate his antics.

Truth is they're not really putting that many more viewers on the table any more than they're helping him win fights. They're just making him look like a scripted wwe jackass.
Exactly. The average UFC fan has no clue about most of the pre-fight banter that takes place. Their knowledge comes from whatever Rogan tells them during the show or what they see in UFC commercials. The rest of the crap we read on forums daily are strictly for the hard core fans.

This fight will sell like any other Silva fight with great hype behind it. My guess would be between 500 - 700k maximum.
vilify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Cool story bro, tell it again.
Its not that cool.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,276
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
I think that's way better than growing up as a video game zombie like a lot of kids do nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by above View Post
I grew up as middle class in Europe and that's exactly how I spent most of my days. I'd much rather my kids grow up playing like that, exploring things in nature and interacting with other kids face to face than have them raised by a TV, a computer or a Facebook "nanny".
Same here ... a majority of this generations kids are really missing out on what makes childhood the most fun IMO.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios