Is Silva's anger helping or hurting him? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam365 View Post
and you're basing that on what exactly?
On what I've seen from both fighters.
above is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Well, after the weigh-in, I think the notion that Anderson is not emotional is pretty silly at this point. The guy is fuming. Even took a cheap shot at the face off. Rogan said this is the most emotional he'd ever seen him and instead of denying it, Silva went into a rant.

This is really going to be interesting.
Calminian is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Well, after the weigh-in, I think the notion that Anderson is not emotional is pretty silly at this point. The guy is fuming. Even took a cheap shot at the face off. Rogan said this is the most emotional he'd ever seen him and instead of denying it, Silva went into a rant.

This is really going to be interesting.
He wasn't even angry at the weigh in he did that to get into Chael's head and promote the fight. He has made a habit out of doing stuff at the weigh ins recently.
osmium is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
He wasn't even angry at the weigh in he did that to get into Chael's head and promote the fight. He has made a habit out of doing stuff at the weigh ins recently.
Come on, he practically started crying with Joe, saying he no respect my country. The guy is upset. Let's not deny reality. I'm not saying he's going to lose, just stating the obvious.
Calminian is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Come on, he practically started crying with Joe, saying he no respect my country. The guy is upset. Let's not deny reality. I'm not saying he's going to lose, just stating the obvious.
Go re watch the Vitor weight in it's pretty much the same context. Really a angry Silva is just gonna help him, at chute box these guys pretty much viewed their opponent as the enemy. He has been fighting for such a long time emotions really don't have a factor. Maybe if it was his first fight or a big moment he has not faced it would. But the man has done it all.
marcthegame is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Go re watch the Vitor weight in it's pretty much the same context. Really a angry Silva is just gonna help him, at chute box these guys pretty much viewed their opponent as the enemy. He has been fighting for such a long time emotions really don't have a factor. Maybe if it was his first fight or a big moment he has not faced it would. But the man has done it all.
You may be right. I'm sure some guys can channel this stuff their their advantage. Just seems to be Anderson is a bit over emotional. Taking a shot like that in the weigh in is a good example. That's not Silva's style.
Calminian is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
You may be right. I'm sure some guys can channel this stuff their their advantage. Just seems to be Anderson is a bit over emotional. Taking a shot like that in the weigh in is a good example. That's not Silva's style.
See the thing is we don't know Silva, however there are stories of him being one of the arrogant,etc. What we see is the image he portrays. Maybe this is the real life, look at Jon Jones, he portrays one image, and everybody questions it.
marcthegame is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
See the thing is we don't know Silva, however there are stories of him being one of the arrogant,etc. What we see is the image he portrays. Maybe this is the real life, look at Jon Jones, he portrays one image, and everybody questions it.
Not sure. But a move that like at a weigh in lacks a certain restraint and even intelligence. The guy is upset and right before the match. That can't be what his corner wants.

Speaking of Jones, I was rather impressed that unlike Rampage, he kept his cool with Rashad. He stayed humble and focused.
Calminian is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Not sure. But a move that like at a weigh in lacks a certain restraint and even intelligence. The guy is upset and right before the match. That can't be what his corner wants.

Speaking of Jones, I was rather impressed that unlike Rampage, he kept his cool with Rashad. He stayed humble and focused.
Go watch the Vitor weigh ins, Silva was pretty animated in that. The guy is a professional, i'm sure his corner wants him to kill Chael. I'm also sure as a professional he knows how to fight and deal with the psychological aspect of it.

Look at Nick Diaz for example,he has to have a reason to be mad at his opponent to win. Daley,Penn,the list goes on.

Btw on a side note where is Jones? Have not herd anything about him in a long time.
marcthegame is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
..................... dupe
Calminian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome