Cheap shot at the weigh-ins! - Page 13 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #121 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
*Facepalm* Anderson is the most dominant fighter in the history of the best company in the sport. He has made great fighters look like amateurs, he took everything Chael had for him in the last fight with little noticeable damage and now we are really going to start assuming he must be afraid of a guy who fought the perfect fight (landing over 300 punches) against him but still lost? Above all things, I don't even think Chael believes most of the things he says, so for anyone else to is really just embarrassing.
Except we have completely different outlooks on what happened in their previous fight. I saw Anderson Silva get his ass beat for 23minutes and then pull of a miracle sub. YES Anderson would want to avoid that and keep his legacy intact. listen to how you praised him. Thats certainly worth keeping.



And btw i said "Im starting to think" because i wasnt that serious with the comment. Otherwise i would have said that i believe Anderson did it to get disqualified.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #122 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TitleTown, USA
Posts: 431
Sterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The Rankings
Above all things in this argument is the most important thing everyone is overlooking. Think of yourselves in Anderson's shoes. He has an enormous amount of pressure on himself just for being who he is, then you have a guy who finally brought a fight too you the first time around disrespect everything you grow up around after you bowed to him after the match. Silva is human. Alot of people make mistakes when their emotions get the best of them. It wasn't a great thing to do but to say he's trying to be DQ'd because of it or he should be cut/fined are being very untrue their own ability to do wrong.
Sterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #123 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
Above all things in this argument is the most important thing everyone is overlooking. Think of yourselves in Anderson's shoes. He has an enormous amount of pressure on himself just for being who he is, then you have a guy who finally brought a fight too you the first time around disrespect everything you grow up around after you bowed to him after the match. Silva is human. Alot of people make mistakes when their emotions get the best of them. It wasn't a great thing to do but to say he's trying to be DQ'd because of it or he should be cut/fined are being very untrue their own ability to do wrong.
You are crying over a side comment way more then you should. Cant believe you are so upset about it.

I was half joking with the comment. I dont actually think Anderson wants to get himself disqualified or he WOULD have.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #124 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TitleTown, USA
Posts: 431
Sterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
You are crying over a side comment way more then you should. Cant believe you are so upset about it.
I used it as an example. My entire point in that post is about something much bigger then that comment. Maybe that part went over your head, if so I apologize and would gladly clear it up with you over PM if you need so.
Sterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #125 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
I used it as an example. My entire point in that post is about something much bigger then that comment. Maybe that part went over your head, if so I apologize and would gladly clarify with you over PM if you need so.
I read your whole post but then it closed out with "BUT TO SAY THIS"

So basically you were making a big deal about it.

And yeah PM me and talk about it more plz.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #126 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TitleTown, USA
Posts: 431
Sterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I read your whole post but then it closed out with "BUT TO SAY THIS"

So basically you were making a big deal about it.

And yeah PM me and talk about it more plz.

Somebody's getting awfully hostile over me pointing out something I disagree with. It's your opinion, your entitled to it and I'm just as entitled to mine.


Anyway, people really like to forget how respectful Anderson was after the first fight with Chael. He bowed, hugged, and talked him up in his post fight interview. The trash talk could have stopped there (though I understand it is for promotional purposes) but Chael actually got even more personal with it and attacked Silva's wife. That's why I don't see why anyone else here wouldn't feel as pissed as Anderson clearly is. If anyone were to do that around my wife I'd probably be very upset myself. Especially since Chael really can't know her very well.
Sterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #127 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
Somebody's getting awfully hostile over me pointing out something I disagree with. It's your opinion, your entitled to it and I'm just as entitled to mine.


Anyway, people really like to forget how respectful Anderson was after the first fight with Chael. He bowed, hugged, and talked him up in his post fight interview. The trash talk could have stopped there (though I understand it is for promotional purposes) but Chael actually got even more personal with it and attacked Silva's wife. That's why I don't see why anyone else here wouldn't feel as pissed as Anderson clearly is. If anyone were to do that around my wife I'd probably be very upset myself. Especially since Chael really can't know her very well.
yeah im the hostile one...


Chael Sonnen was very respectful to Anderson after the fight also. Did you already forget the stuff he said in the post fight conference???
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #128 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
kc1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,452
kc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I know everything Chael has done and said. I also think Chael deserves worse then a shoulder Shrug. But the thing is NONE of that should matter. If Chael EVER cheap shotted Anderson in any sort of manner thats probably when id switch from liking the guy to disliking him. They are there to weigh in and then face off. You arnt allowed to strike someone in any way. ESPECIALLY because Anderson knows Chael is going to be bound by the rules to not strike him back. Had Chael been allowed to strike Anderson back then id be perfectly fine with what Anderson did. But dont do a cheap shot knowing the guy wont do anything back due to the situation. Thats down right bitch shit.

Id have more respect for Anderson had he done it away from the UFC where Chael can retaliate.
If anything this just further proves how pissed off Anderson really is and how much he really wants to murder Sonnen. It's easy for us to sit here and say he deserves a fine and it's a bitch move yada yada yada...but at the end of the day how would one of us react if in the same situation dealing with as much pressure? Considering all of the circumstances and the history these guys have, I am really not too surprised or upset that it happened. I doubt there will be a fine for this.
kc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #129 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TitleTown, USA
Posts: 431
Sterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
yeah im the hostile one...


Chael Sonnen was very respectful to Anderson after the fight also. Did you already forget the stuff he said in the post fight conference???

Even so, he got right back to his old ways shortly thereafter. Saying good things about somebody and then turning around to talk even more s**t about them later doesn't make you a respectable person. It makes you two-faced. I like Chael, but if I were put in Anderson's position I would be chomping at the bit to do something about it.
Sterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #130 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1983 View Post
If anything this just further proves how pissed off Anderson really is and how much he really wants to murder Sonnen. It's easy for us to sit here and say he deserves a fine and it's a bitch move yada yada yada...but at the end of the day how would one of us react if in the same situation dealing with as much pressure? Considering all of the circumstances and the history these guys have, I am really not too surprised or upset that it happened. I doubt there will be a fine for this.
Im not upset or surprised it just makes me think less of Anderson. Its easy to cheap shot someone knowing you are going to be protected right after. Thats the part i find pathetic and thats why i think Anderson should be fined. Chael was struck then having no way to defend himself against it EXCEPT risking the fight falling out by swinging at Anderson. Even then the people were in there so fast that Chael would not have had a chance to swing. So i do believe cheap shotting a (IN THIS SITUATION) defenseless guy is fine worthy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
Even so, he got right back to his old ways shortly thereafter. Saying good things about somebody and then turning around to talk even more s**t about them later doesn't make you a respectable person. It makes you two-faced. I like Chael, but if I were put in Anderson's position I would be chomping at the bit to do something about it.
Anderson Silva shortly after also talked crap about chael and his TRT problem. Same with Ed Soares.

Chael was certainly disrespectful and way more then Anderson BUT it doesnt give Anderson the right to shoulder shrug someone in the jaw when they are not going to be in a position to defend themselves.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios