Chael: The knee really hurt. - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #91 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Well he only broke the rules to defend one of the takedowns he defended the others legally.
He also grbbed chael's pants and hit him while Chael was trying to get away right.

There is absolutely no denying he graves Chael's shorts and knew exactly what he was doing and there is no denying it had an impact on the fight Silva cheated he had an intention to cheat in more ways than one and it impacted the fight silva fans need to open their eyes stop denying this.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #92 (permalink)
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,005
mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
He also grbbed chael's pants and hit him while Chael was trying to get away right.

There is absolutely no denying he graves Chael's shorts and knew exactly what he was doing and there is no denying it had an impact on the fight Silva cheated he had an intention to cheat in more ways than one and it impacted the fight silva fans need to open their eyes stop denying this.
Yes, I'm not denying that but all I was trying to say is that at worst it evens out the game, since Sonnen cheated blatantly in the first fight & more than likely cheated in this one. So my point was that the shorts-grabbig wasn't the big deal that some of Sonnens fans makes it out to be.

Even if Sonnen wasn't a repeated cheater & lyer, it wouldn't be a big deal, grabbing of shorts happens pretty much every event.

But yes it did happen & it was kind of dirty, I'm not denying that.
__________________
mmaswe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #93 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaswe82 View Post
I'm going to assume that you are joking, so in other words, you have no idea?
No im not joking.

He grabbed the shorts any time it would make sense to grab them.

You can keep trying to argue this but you cant change what happened.

Now your best off dropping it and leaving it to be a difference of opinion. Cause you brought no facts to change my mind on ANYTHING. Much less this.
And personally i could care less what you believe. So if you want to believe Chael is lying about hypogodandism or that he has illegal high testosterone levels this fight EVEN THOUGH he got tested multiple times before the fight. Thats okay with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Well he only broke the rules to defend one of the takedowns he defended the others legally.
Well not every situation is gonna warrant shorts grabbing. It has to be beneficial to him after all.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #94 (permalink)
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,005
mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
No im not joking.

He grabbed the shorts any time it would make sense to grab them.

You can keep trying to argue this but you cant change what happened.

Now your best off dropping it and leaving it to be a difference of opinion. Cause you brought no facts to change my mind on ANYTHING. Much less this.
And personally i could care less what you believe. So if you want to believe Chael is lying about hypogodandism or that he has illegal high testosterone levels this fight EVEN THOUGH he got tested multiple times before the fight. Thats okay with me.



Well not every situation is gonna warrant shorts grabbing. It has to be beneficial to him after all.


Ok then, back to ignore you go, it was worth a try. Who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll be crazy enough to try again. For now I'll just chalk it down to the usual, Sideways makes claims without having any facts to back them up, yet demanding proof and facts from everyone else.

Agree to disagree then.
__________________
mmaswe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #95 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaswe82 View Post
Ok then, back to ignore you go, it was worth a try. Who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll be crazy enough to try again. For now I'll just chalk it down to the usual, Sideways makes claims without having any facts to back them up, yet demanding proof and facts from everyone else.

Agree to disagree then.
To say outright lies so calmly must be a nice talent. Im sure your parents are proud of you.

As i previously told you

Quote:
Now your best off dropping it and leaving it to be a difference of opinion. Cause you brought no facts to change my mind on ANYTHING. Much less this.
And personally i could care less what you believe. So if you want to believe Chael is lying about hypogodandism or that he has illegal high testosterone levels this fight EVEN THOUGH he got tested multiple times before the fight. Thats okay with me.

Actually i posted proof. (I posted proof about Chael being tested multiple times before the fight. I posted proof about Anderson Silva grabbing the shorts. What else do i need to post proof about??)

It was you who posted no proof. (?????? nothing. Just opinions)

(Amazing how you are trying to twist it)
Probably because i called you out on it and this is the only way you can safe some face. By completely lying and eventually you will believe your lie.


Yes iv seen enough that makes me not mind if i never have to "Deal" with you again.

Well actually.

When you LEARN to present your opinions as OPINIONS. Then we can talk again. Until then...

<3
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Set Go Around Heading and Altitude"
Posts: 4,162
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
We're talking 20 seconds of pure shorts grabbing. At the top of the shorts mind you. Anderson won the fight, but he did it be blatantly cheating.
Ok, about the "what if" road here's one: If Sonnen would not have cheated in the first match, that fight would not be a close call for Anderson therefore maybe this second match would not happen anytime soon, or never.

Speaking about FULL 20 SEC OF SHORT GRABBING: Lets compare the full 25 minutes Sonnen was on top of Anderson with the few seconds Anderson was on top. Hum... So at most, the short grabbing maybe saved audience from another 5 minutes of snoozing, inconclusive lay and pray.

Funny. Anderson's fans should not be happy with the way he won, but apparently, Sonnen's fans would be more than happy to see Sonnen winning by only outscoring AS boringly.
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #97 (permalink)
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,005
mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
To say outright lies so calmly must be a nice talent. Im sure your parents are proud of you.

As i previously told you




Actually i posted proof. (I posted proof about Chael being tested multiple times before the fight. I posted proof about Anderson Silva grabbing the shorts. What else do i need to post proof about??)

It was you who posted no proof. (?????? nothing. Just opinions)

(Amazing how you are trying to twist it)
Probably because i called you out on it and this is the only way you can safe some face. By completely lying and eventually you will believe your lie.


Yes iv seen enough that makes me not mind if i never have to "Deal" with you again.

Well actually.

When you LEARN to present your opinions as OPINIONS. Then we can talk again. Until then...

<3
You are known by most as the forum strawman, most ppl have you on ignore, I understand why.

heres some <3 for you too and hope you grow out of your childish behaviour.

*ignore*
__________________
mmaswe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #98 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaswe82 View Post
Yes, I'm not denying that but all I was trying to say is that at worst it evens out the game, since Sonnen cheated blatantly in the first fight & more than likely cheated in this one. So my point was that the shorts-grabbig wasn't the big deal that some of Sonnens fans makes it out to be.

Even if Sonnen wasn't a repeated cheater & lyer, it wouldn't be a big deal, grabbing of shorts happens pretty much every event.

But yes it did happen & it was kind of dirty, I'm not denying that.
What Chael did in the last fight has no impact on how I feel about this one. Be the better man an rise above the BS. And the fact that he won the fight and got away with cheating also has a impact on how I feel. Sonnen lost the fight and got suspended he paid for his actions and now we move on. Silva got off Scott free and won both fights.

Sure the pans grab happens in other fights but nowhere near as much as as silva did or with the intent as much disrespect for the rules as silva did. I have never seen it this bad.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #99 (permalink)
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,005
mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
What Chael did in the last fight has in impact on how I feel about this one. Be the better man an rise above the BS. And the fact that he won the fight and got away with cheating also has a impact on how I feel. Sonnen lost the fight and got suspended he paid for his actions and now we move on. Silva got off Scott free and won both fights.

Sure the pans grab happens in other fights but nowhere near as much as as silva did or with the intent as much disrespect for the rules as silva did. I have never seen it this bad.
Well yea, I wish he hadn't done it either, it was a dirty thing to do, I won't argue with that. I have seen as bad examples of shortsgrabbing as this one but that's not the point, it's not a nice thing to do.

I understand that you as a fan of Sonnen don't like that.

My only point is that it has been blown way out of proportion, maybe because it was such a big fight, I dunno. I just think that Silva has 2 stoppage wins against Sonnen, one where he broke the rules and one where Sonnen broke them (IMO in a much worse way). He's 2 - 0 against Sonnen and in the end all is fair.
He did also stop a few takedowns without grabbing his shorts.
You are a levelheaded Sonnenfan and I respect your opinion, I can see why you would think less of Silva after this fight, I just want the discussion to be done with, as IMO there is really not much to argue about anymore.
__________________
mmaswe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Ok, about the "what if" road here's one: If Sonnen would not have cheated in the first match, that fight would not be a close call for Anderson therefore maybe this second match would not happen anytime soon, or never.

Speaking about FULL 20 SEC OF SHORT GRABBING: Lets compare the full 25 minutes Sonnen was on top of Anderson with the few seconds Anderson was on top. Hum... So at most, the short grabbing maybe saved audience from another 5 minutes of snoozing, inconclusive lay and pray.

Funny. Anderson's fans should not be happy with the way he won, but apparently, Sonnen's fans would be more than happy to see Sonnen winning by only outscoring AS boringly.
If Sonnen won the first fight, he would have been stripped of the title anyways since he got caught for the TRT thing, and he was punished.

Anderson got caught cheating on MORE THAN 1 occasion, and no punishment. I'm more upset at the complete lack of punishment. It sets a bad example for the sport and upcoming fighters.

Had it been two fighters just fighting and someone pulled the crap that Anderson pulled, he probably would have been cut or fined out the ass.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios