Chael: The knee really hurt. - Page 12 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #111 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,341
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
First, when did I say that Chael was any kind of role model or ambassador of the sport? Chael said a lot of messed up things, but lots of fighters say a lot of things before a fight. It's all about knowing your boundaries. I'm looking at this fight and only this fight, forget the fight in the past because Chael already paid the punishment for his actions.

This last fight, Chael said a lot of messed up stuff but never crossed any real boundaries. Everything can be attributed to hyping the fight.

Anderson crossed those boundaries multiple times by cheating in the octagon and striking him at the weigh ins.
You don't think making lewd comments about someone's wife is crossing the line? Just out of curiosity, what would your reaction be to someone who said stuff like that about your wife or girl?
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #112 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Old school fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 249
Old school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The RankingsOld school fan Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
First, when did I say that Chael was any kind of role model or ambassador of the sport? Chael said a lot of messed up things, but lots of fighters say a lot of things before a fight. It's all about knowing your boundaries. I'm looking at this fight and only this fight, forget the fight in the past because Chael already paid the punishment for his actions.

This last fight, Chael said a lot of messed up stuff but never crossed any real boundaries. Everything can be attributed to hyping the fight.

Anderson crossed those boundaries multiple times by cheating in the octagon and striking him at the weigh ins.
How does making fun of poor children hype a fight?
Old school fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
You don't think making lewd comments about someone's wife is crossing the line? Just out of curiosity, what would your reaction be to someone who said stuff like that about your wife or girl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old school fan View Post
How does making fun of poor children hype a fight?
They're just words. Sure, it's pretty foul, but at the end of the day they're just words. Nothing in the rule book against them. Just because he said some foul things he can't get a fair fight where both contestants follow the rules?

There's never an excuse for cheating, especially that openly.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #114 (permalink)
tie
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17
tie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura abouttie has a spectacular aura about
Good for Chael, apparently most of the Chael legion around the web got "trolled" as hard as anyone by him as their blind hatered of A. Silva is apparent so long after the fight, even when Sonnen himself seems to have forgotten the whole deal.

So suck it, 2-0.. cry me a river.
tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #115 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Set Go Around Heading and Altitude"
Posts: 4,164
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
There's never an excuse for cheating, especially that openly.
That was a funny phrase. "To cheat openly?" Anderson did what he did on pourpose and he was called the attention by the referee and stopped.
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #116 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
That was a funny phrase. "To cheat openly?" Anderson did what he did on pourpose and he was called the attention by the referee and stopped.
After 20 seconds of straight shorts pulling. 20 full seconds. If it was 5.. it wouldn't be that big of a deal.. but 20 seconds?!?! 20 WHOLE SECONDS?! How is that not insane?!
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #117 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,741
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
After 20 seconds of straight shorts pulling. 20 full seconds. If it was 5.. it wouldn't be that big of a deal.. but 20 seconds?!?! 20 WHOLE SECONDS?! How is that not insane?!
Wow..Anderson is living in your head rent free... 20 seconds huh..LMAO..It was like 2-3 seconds let go.. 2 seconds and then let go...

The stuff you are crying about happens all the time... Your just a Hater like Lyoto Legion...
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #118 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
Wow..Anderson is living in your head rent free... 20 seconds huh..LMAO..It was like 2-3 seconds let go.. 2 seconds and then let go...

The stuff you are crying about happens all the time... Your just a Hater like Lyoto Legion...
Thing is, I'm not a hater. I love Anderson Silva, I've never cheered against him, I just didn't root for him in this fight because Chael Sonnen makes me laugh. Anderson is the best fighter in the world, he didn't have to resort to breaking the rules to beat Chael, he could have done it fair and square.

And no, it wasn't hold for a couple seconds and let go, it was straight holding for a full 20 seconds. Which stopped a takedown as well as lead to some cheap punches in which Chael couldn't escape from. It's despicable.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #119 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Azumo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 198
Azumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level nowAzumo is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
Thing is, I'm not a hater. I love Anderson Silva, I've never cheered against him, I just didn't root for him in this fight because Chael Sonnen makes me laugh. Anderson is the best fighter in the world, he didn't have to resort to breaking the rules to beat Chael, he could have done it fair and square.

And no, it wasn't hold for a couple seconds and let go, it was straight holding for a full 20 seconds. Which stopped a takedown as well as lead to some cheap punches in which Chael couldn't escape from. It's despicable.
I'm gonna give this a go.

Yes, you are correct. He did hold to his pants denying a takedown and followed by a few punches, but what exactly are you trying to prove? Man at the end of the day, hell even Chael has said it, they are in a fight. The shots thrown by Anderson while holding his shorts were not even 50% power. Honestly I think he did it to get in his head. Chael openly admitted he would have grabbed his shorts if he had thought of it.

All i'm saying is, people need to stop pointing out little things and dwelling on them. They are fighters. I can guarantee you that fight would have went exactly the same direction without Anderson pulling his shorts. He still would have thrown a backfist and got kneed and folded.

I love Andy, like Chael cause he is funny but your argueing with yourself almost. If you are a true Anderson fan you would know that he would have won that fight without any of the minor technicalities.
__________________
"MMA and Muay Thai are similar in a few aspects, such as the fact that their is no traditional belting system - only a list of people you never want to have to fight." - Kenny Florian
Azumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #120 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumo View Post
I'm gonna give this a go.

Yes, you are correct. He did hold to his pants denying a takedown and followed by a few punches, but what exactly are you trying to prove? Man at the end of the day, hell even Chael has said it, they are in a fight. The shots thrown by Anderson while holding his shorts were not even 50% power. Honestly I think he did it to get in his head. Chael openly admitted he would have grabbed his shorts if he had thought of it.

All i'm saying is, people need to stop pointing out little things and dwelling on them. They are fighters. I can guarantee you that fight would have went exactly the same direction without Anderson pulling his shorts. He still would have thrown a backfist and got kneed and folded.

I love Andy, like Chael cause he is funny but your argueing with yourself almost. If you are a true Anderson fan you would know that he would have won that fight without any of the minor technicalities.
I'm not here to prove or change anything. In my opinion, if he didn't hold the shorts, he would have been pressed against the cage longer and might have been taken down again, but that's all maybe's and what if's. It just makes me mad that it happened in a championship fight that I've been looking forward to all year.

Still an Anderson Silva fan, but he lost damn near all of my respect doing that.

In sparring I've grabbed shorts on accident, gives you a HUGE freakin advantage, more than I thought it would. Chael looked like he broke after it as well, and the fight ended.

I'm just salty, I would have had no problem if Anderson won any other way, but cheating in a championship fight because you lost the first round in a horrible way is just... sad
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios