Chael: The knee really hurt. - Page 19 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
How can you say the Thigh CLEARLY(in CAPS) hits Chael's jaw first when his left arm is covering everything? X-Ray vision? As I said before, there was never an impact (impact I say, not contact) on his face/jaw by the movement of his body as a whole. His head never bounced as you said. The knee lands clearly in the middle of the chest.

BTW, basic anatomy classes for those who believe a thigh and a knee are all the same.
Because his head starts bouncing back before the knee hits the chest. I can see it clear as day.

What are you even talking about?? You can say whatever you want but his head clearly bounces back for a split second. You eyes just probably suck.


For everyone else
Who is arguing about the knee hitting the chest??

There is 5 posts about people saying "Quit complaining about the knee hitting the chest"
But no one is arguing about the knee hitting the chest or that its illegal.
Read past the first page for **** sake.
ALMOST everyone agrees that the knee hits the chest and not the jaw.
People you need to quit making assumptions when you post.

SideWays222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 353
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I dunno bro. Ive been saying the exact same thing, but the gif that was posted:-



Whoever did the gif paused it at the point of impact. Reluctantly, I have to concede the top of the knee does hit Sonnen in the face first. The knee then drops down to the chest. It all happens so quickly in realtime.

Damn it. I was convinced it was legit.


EDIT
Thinking about it, if Silva was trying to hit Sonnen in the face, what was he thinking? Would he really throw away the belt just so he can make Sonnen eat his own teeth for real? If so... then I'm impressed.
You can't tell at all from that GIF because Chael's left arm is blocking the view.
And with the view blocked, if you are a Chael Fan, it hit him in the face, if you are a Silva fan it hit him in the chest.

Get over it. It's inconclusive at best. The Ref called it legal, and even CHAEL didn't complain about.

And if that's not enough, if I remember correctly, he got back up after that. So it hardly ended the fight. It was the punches after Chael got up that ended the fight, not the phantom knee to the face.
StandThemUp is offline  
post #183 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:05 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,747
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandThemUp View Post
You can't tell at all from that GIF because Chael's left arm is blocking the view.
And with the view blocked, if you are a Chael Fan, it hit him in the face, if you are a Silva fan it hit him in the chest.

Get over it. It's inconclusive at best. The Ref called it legal, and even CHAEL didn't complain about.

And if that's not enough, if I remember correctly, he got back up after that. So it hardly ended the fight. It was the punches after Chael got up that ended the fight, not the phantom knee to the face.
*sigh*

No. I'm a BIG Silva fan and I say it hit him in the face. Like I said before, I'm not trying to convince anybody. Just my personal opinion after seeing the gif. Maybe you should read my posts before you jump to conclusions.
Soojooko is offline  
post #184 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,441
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Because his head starts bouncing back before the knee hits the chest. I can see it clear as day.

What are you even talking about?? You can say whatever you want but his head clearly bounces back for a split second. You eyes just probably suck.
No it doesn't. Either my full fight full screen recording is worse than that tiny gif or your eyes are not as good as you think. I watched that scene multiple times on full screen at different speeds down to 0.1x speed and even image by image. The head keeps perfectly in line with the rest of the body. Sonnen's body gets pushed backwards by the knee and the head in alignment with the body consequently also has a backwards motion. You may have the false impression, because the arm moves downwards a little bit and consequently the face becomes more visible, but the head doesn't bounce back. There is no impact by the thigh to the head. Whether there is a slight contact you cannot tell, because Sonnen's arm blocks the vision at the moment in question.
Voiceless is offline  
post #185 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 206
                     
The only way to set this once and for all is to get a TRILOGY down the line.

I know that I would pay to see them fight one more time.
cookiefritas is offline  
post #186 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
I didn't pay to see them fight the second time. I sure as hell won't pay for a third.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #187 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,441
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefritas View Post
The only way to set this once and for all is to get a TRILOGY down the line.

I know that I would pay to see them fight one more time.
Why¿ So Sonnen enters the Octagon with even less confidence and gets stopped for the third time¿ You must really hate Sonnen.
Voiceless is offline  
post #188 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: To achieve success, first you have to want real bad!!!
Posts: 8,089
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Because his head starts bouncing back before the knee hits the chest. I can see it clear as day.
Actually, the very first contact occurs between the top of Anderson's Thigh with the left elbow of Sonnen. You can check by Sonnen's arm muscles/tissue reverberating after that.

And plus: You have to check the definition of the verb "to bounce"...

Last edited by Sportsman 2.0; 07-17-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #189 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
                     
Quote:
Actually, the very first contact occurs between the top of Anderson's Thigh with the left elbow of Sonnen. You can check by Sonnen's arm muscles/tissue reverberating after that.
LOL @ the CSI-level of ballisitics analysis in this thread. Loving it!

.
H33LHooK is offline  
post #190 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Actually, the very first contact occurs between the top of Anderson's Thigh with the left elbow of Sonnen. You can check by Sonnen's arm muscles/tissue reverberating after that.

And plus: You have to check the definition of the verb "to bounce"...
Lol yes sir.

Well if i was with you in person im sure i could explain/show it to you. Online your just gonna keep your schtick up. If YOU cant see it you cant see it. You probably dont want to see it thus your not. Or your eyes suck.

His thigh hits the chin.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
No it doesn't. Either my full fight full screen recording is worse than that tiny gif or your eyes are not as good as you think. I watched that scene multiple times on full screen at different speeds down to 0.1x speed and even image by image. The head keeps perfectly in line with the rest of the body. Sonnen's body gets pushed backwards by the knee and the head in alignment with the body consequently also has a backwards motion. You may have the false impression, because the arm moves downwards a little bit and consequently the face becomes more visible, but the head doesn't bounce back. There is no impact by the thigh to the head. Whether there is a slight contact you cannot tell, because Sonnen's arm blocks the vision at the moment in question.
The thigh hits the chin. You can talk about all this CSI stuff you have done but it doesnt change anything.

I took the GIF to NASAs Headquarters and after collaborating with 50 of the worlds top scientists we have determined the Thigh hits the chin.

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome