Chael: The knee really hurt. - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #51 (permalink)
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS
 
OHKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,501
OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
So Silva blatantly cheating and not getting caught by the referee is totally fine with Silva's fans.

Yet they talk about how Sonnen is a bloody cheater who uses TRT.

Yay! One point to Silva's fans for logic!
OHKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #52 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,187
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
So Silva blatantly cheating and not getting caught by the referee is totally fine with Silva's fans.

Yet they talk about how Sonnen is a bloody cheater who uses TRT.

Yay! One point to Silva's fans for logic!
More like Sonnen fans keep bringing up the rules issue first, then forgetting their boy has been breaking/exploiting rules this whole time. Sonnen's huge cheating came first, Anderson's tactics are him responding in kind and on a much smaller level.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #53 (permalink)
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS
 
OHKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,501
OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
More like Sonnen fans keep bringing up the rules issue first, then forgetting their boy has been breaking/exploiting rules this whole time. Sonnen's huge cheating came first, Anderson's tactics are him responding in kind and on a much smaller level.
Please do show proof that Sonnen broke the rules for this fight. Sonnen said he grabbed Silva's shorts, but I believe that is more likely because he does not want to make any excuses for the fight. Post a gif of him grabbing Silva's shorts for any longer than half a sec and I admit I'm wrong.

If you are adamant that Sonnen is above normal testosterone levels for this fight, post evidence. Until then, Sonnen is innocent till proven guilty. Don't accuse Sonnen of cheating just because you THINK he did. Yes he did cheat in the first Silva fight. But that is like saying a murderer will always kill someone if he gets out of jail.

Anderson's tactics are on a "smaller" level, if you say so. However, it has a direct impact on the fight. If Anderson did not grab Sonnen's shorts, Sonnen probably would have gotten Silva down, judging by the gif. That would have changed the entire way the fight have went. Even if you say the shorts-grabbing has no effect on the outcome of the fight, isn't it still cheating? Isn't it what you Sonnen haters have been so vocal about since the first Silva-Sonnen fight?

"Sonnen is a bloody disgusting cheater"

Just so you know, it should probably be applied to the person you are supporting as well.

And you talked about how you identify Silva's mistakes when he makes them, and criticise him for it even if you are his fan. Great to know that.
OHKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #54 (permalink)
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 7,395
Blog Entries: 1
oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
Please do show proof that Sonnen broke the rules for this fight. Sonnen said he grabbed Silva's shorts, but I believe that is more likely because he does not want to make any excuses for the fight. Post a gif of him grabbing Silva's shorts for any longer than half a sec and I admit I'm wrong.

If you are adamant that Sonnen is above normal testosterone levels for this fight, post evidence. Until then, Sonnen is innocent till proven guilty. Don't accuse Sonnen of cheating just because you THINK he did. Yes he did cheat in the first Silva fight. But that is like saying a murderer will always kill someone if he gets out of jail.

Anderson's tactics are on a "smaller" level, if you say so. However, it has a direct impact on the fight. If Anderson did not grab Sonnen's shorts, Sonnen probably would have gotten Silva down, judging by the gif. That would have changed the entire way the fight have went. Even if you say the shorts-grabbing has no effect on the outcome of the fight, isn't it still cheating? Isn't it what you Sonnen haters have been so vocal about since the first Silva-Sonnen fight?

"Sonnen is a bloody disgusting cheater"

Just so you know, it should probably be applied to the person you are supporting as well.

And you talked about how you identify Silva's mistakes when he makes them, and criticise him for it even if you are his fan. Great to know that.



doooooood, I was right there with you until you started letting murderers out of jail.....

bad bad bad bad comparison....
__________________
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #55 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,187
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
Please do show proof that Sonnen broke the rules for this fight. Sonnen said he grabbed Silva's shorts, but I believe that is more likely because he does not want to make any excuses for the fight. Post a gif of him grabbing Silva's shorts for any longer than half a sec and I admit I'm wrong.

If you are adamant that Sonnen is above normal testosterone levels for this fight, post evidence. Until then, Sonnen is innocent till proven guilty. Don't accuse Sonnen of cheating just because you THINK he did. Yes he did cheat in the first Silva fight. But that is like saying a murderer will always kill someone if he gets out of jail.

Anderson's tactics are on a "smaller" level, if you say so. However, it has a direct impact on the fight. If Anderson did not grab Sonnen's shorts, Sonnen probably would have gotten Silva down, judging by the gif. That would have changed the entire way the fight have went. Even if you say the shorts-grabbing has no effect on the outcome of the fight, isn't it still cheating? Isn't it what you Sonnen haters have been so vocal about since the first Silva-Sonnen fight?

"Sonnen is a bloody disgusting cheater"

Just so you know, it should probably be applied to the person you are supporting as well.

And you talked about how you identify Silva's mistakes when he makes them, and criticise him for it even if you are his fan. Great to know that.
TRT is cheating in spirit, plain and simple, whether or not he was within the ridiculous 6 times the normal human ratio set by the commission. It is legalized cheating, performance enhancing, and absolute BS that a buff man in his 30s is naturally testosterone deficient.

Grabbing shorts and vaseline etc. have bendable rules for them the same way TRT does. A normal honorable fighter should have 1:1 T/E ratio, but up to 6 times that figure (unattainable except by a synthetic steroid) is allowed and overlooked by the commission. Chael was and still is on that synthetic steroid.

The amount of vaseline on the face as applied by the licensed cutman is very small and some is expected and allowed by the commission to spread on the body, this has been clarified by the commission itself. While doing so manually is frowned upon, there is no rule against it.

A normal fighter should not grab the shorts / fence, but anything less than repeated offenses are just given warnings and overlooked by the commission and ref the same way a fishy 6:1 T/E ratio is.

Neither one went "beyond the rules" enough to warrant any more intervention, but they did go beyond the spirit. Anderson in response to Sonnen's doing so first and continuing to do so with a certificate. It's the EXACT SAME THING for both of them. There is absolutely no difference between the two situations.

They both bent rules this time, neither outright broke any. If they had, you'd see a DQ, NC or suspension on the record, but you don't.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #56 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
otronegro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 221
otronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level nowotronegro is on another level now
Can't you butt hurt Sonnen fans just let it go?

He cheated the first bout and lost, he did not cheat the second one and lost the same way, your boy is not good enough to beat the champion, cheating or not cheating he got finished both times, just freaking let it go... he did.

I supose in Oregon it's ok to roid ur ass up at least 4 times the normal rate of testosterone to have any chance, but to hold a shorts for 15secs is death penalty, right? Also LMAO on ppl saying that he wanted to hit Sonnen's face with that knee, especially our 'experts'... delusional much?
otronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #57 (permalink)
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 7,395
Blog Entries: 1
oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by otronegro View Post
Can't you butt hurt Sonnen fans just let it go?

He cheated the first bout and lost, he did not cheat the second one and lost the same way, your boy is not good enough to beat the champion, cheating or not cheating he got finished both times, just freaking let it go... he did.

I supose in Oregon it's ok to roid ur ass up at least 4 times the normal rate of testosterone to have any chance, but to hold a shorts for 15secs is death penalty, right? Also LMAO on ppl saying that he wanted to hit Sonnen's face with that knee, especially our 'experts'... delusional much?

whoah I think that's the strongest reaction I've ever seen from you ol buddy.

Of course we are experts can you not see that?



we have agents all over the world who will continue to dissect all minutia until one of you breaks.
__________________
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #58 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,340
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Ok I have to go on record that I'm basing Chael grabbing Anderson's shorts on what he said at the press conference and what I perceived as short grabbing or hand face to palm on Anderson's butt cheek or whatever it was on that gif.

I REALLY did not want to post anything more on this subject, but if that clarifies anything so be it.

KRY posted up a great article on what Chael's coach thought about everything.

If there's a consolation I'd probably be just as fired up as the Chael P. Sonnen fans had he done the same exact tactics.

But there really is a sweet outcome to this because the best fighter won both times. Yippee ki-yay!!!

Outro.
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #59 (permalink)
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
Purgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By All
All this talk about cheating, and no one has brought up Fukuda trying to gouge out Costa's eyes? C'mon, let's try to focus on the rule infractions that actually caused serious injury! Did anyone else notice that it looked like his eye was bleeding?
__________________
D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #60 (permalink)
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 7,395
Blog Entries: 1
oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
All this talk about cheating, and no one has brought up Fukuda trying to gouge out Costa's eyes? C'mon, let's try to focus on the rule infractions that actually caused serious injury! Did anyone else notice that it looked like his eye was bleeding?
I jumped right out of my chair. accident or not I would have stopped the fight. It's not worth an eye.
__________________
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios