It's disgusting, but the UFC is pretty clearly protecting Rory MacDonald - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,354
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
BJ Penn didnt 'Cancel" the Vada testing.

He just asked for the results to be release POST fight instead of PRE fight. Which is a fair thing to ask SINCE that affects the UFC directly. Imagine VADA sponsors a HUGE main event fight and the results come out a week or 2 before the fight. Now the UFC is out of huge money and stuck replacing a huge fight in a weeks time.

It puts the company in a extremely vulnerable position.
__________________
Member of the Month!! yay

http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/15880...edition-3.html



2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'

 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,785
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
BJ Penn didnt 'Cancel" the Vada testing.

He just asked for the results to be release POST fight instead of PRE fight. Which is a fair thing to ask SINCE that affects the UFC directly. Imagine VADA sponsors a HUGE main event fight and the results come out a week or 2 before the fight. Now the UFC is out of huge money and stuck replacing a huge fight in a weeks time.

It puts the company in a extremely vulnerable position.
This is what I thought.

But if BJ has actually cancelled the testing then I think you guys are giving Roflcopter an unnecessarily hard time. He has raised some decent points.

(I don't even like Roflcopter and I do like Rory Mac)
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,700
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
This is what I thought.

But if BJ has actually cancelled the testing then I think you guys are giving Roflcopter an unnecessarily hard time. He has raised some decent points.

(I don't even like Roflcopter and I do like Rory Mac)
No. Even if he did cancel the testing, the reasons for that are unknown. I guess we can throw on a tinfoil hat and claim it was Dana's protecting his asset. But then again most people use actual evidence before making claims like that... not ridiculous conjecture. There is a difference.

I can pull up a fighters location of prior fights and claim he was running away from rainbows because he has a fear of leprechauns. That would make as much sense as copter is.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,951
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I didn't even know BJ canceled the testing. I don't believe in coincidence when it comes to people doing or not doing something so if this is true then I think Rofl might be onto something.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,617
Soojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Personally, I enjoyed the read. Sure, it's a bit of a stretch, but still. At least rolf put forward a reasonable argument. You guys are being too harsh.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'

 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,785
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
No. Even if he did cancel the testing, the reasons for that are unknown. I guess we can throw on a tinfoil hat and claim it was Dana's protecting his asset. But then again most people use actual evidence before making claims like that... not ridiculous conjecture. There is a difference.

I can pull up a fighters location of prior fights and claim he was running away from rainbows because he has a fear of leprechauns. That would make as much sense as copter is.
Yeah the reasons are unknown, but why can't he state his opinion without being harassed for it? We have forums so we can speculate and discuss things, and honestly his points aren't that unlikely.

What other reason can you think of that BJ would cancel the VADA testing? He was so adamant about doing it 2 weeks ago.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,700
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
Yeah the reasons are unknown, but why can't he state his opinion without being harassed for it? We have forums so we can speculate and discuss things, and honestly his points aren't that unlikely.

What other reason can you think of that BJ would cancel the VADA testing? He was so adamant about doing it 2 weeks ago.
Well the obvious and most logical reason for a fighter wanting to cancel drug testing is probably because that fighter themself has something to hide. I don't think BJ does sterois... but if this was any other fighter everyone would be screaming that the fighter who asked for it to be cancelled was juicing. That makes a lot more sense than saying Dana begged BJ to cancel the testing to protect Rory without a shred of evidence that even occured

Also, Copter has a serious hate for Rory. Not sure where it came from or what it's about. That's what makes this whole theory that much more hilarious.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
Yeah the reasons are unknown, but why can't he state his opinion without being harassed for it? We have forums so we can speculate and discuss things, and honestly his points aren't that unlikely.

What other reason can you think of that BJ would cancel the VADA testing? He was so adamant about doing it 2 weeks ago.
If you post something colossally stupid you can expect people to call it what it is. And that OP was a doozy.

The reason for BJ not agreeing to VADAs terms are clear - a conflict of interests. Penn is an employee of the UFC, VADA's release policy could potentially cost the UFC a lot of money. For an employee to spring a potentially harmful act on his employer is a bad idea in any business.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'

 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,785
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Well the obvious and most logical reason for a fighter wanting to cancel drug testing is probably because that fighter themself has something to hide. I don't think BJ does sterois... but if this was any other fighter everyone would be screaming that the fighter who asked for it to be cancelled was juicing. That makes a lot more sense than saying Dana begged BJ to cancel the testing to protect Rory without a shred of evidence that even occured

Also, Copter has a serious hate for Rory. Not sure where it came from or what it's about. That's what makes this whole theory that much more hilarious.
I think the chances are higher that BJ cancelled the VADA testing because the UFC told him to than because he was worried that he himself would get popped for something.

your first paragraph doesn't really hold any points because you are making a point about BJ and you say "if it were anyone other than BJ". (are you trying to say that BJ is afraid of getting caught for something other than PEDs?)

I read the OP without knowing that Roflcopter dislikes Rory and agreed with some of his points. Maybe if you read it from a neutral standpoint then it would be different.

(not trying to come off like an arsehole here, sorry if i do)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
If you post something colossally stupid you can expect people to call it what it is. And that OP was a doozy.

The reason for BJ not agreeing to VADAs terms are clear - a conflict of interests. Penn is an employee of the UFC, VADA's release policy could potentially cost the UFC a lot of money. For an employee to spring a potentially harmful act on his employer is a bad idea in any business.
They said the test results would be released after the fight, so the testing does not affect the current fight at all. The only thing that could be affected is if the winner pops hot then it could be turned to a No Contest. The PPV buys are all the same, nobody has to pull out of a fight and leave the UFC looking for a short notice replacement.

Don't we want the cheaters to get caught and punished?
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wimbledon, UK
Posts: 2,943
edlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By Alledlavis88 Is Beloved By All
Ahhh the all knowing logic of the internet teenager!

Here is an idea let's wait to see if he ever does pop positive instead of crucifying the guy on hearsay, coincidence and gut feelings?
__________________
edlavis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios