Nick Diaz Announcement!! - Page 14 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #131 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
I'd love to see that fight. Two of my favorites going at it.

On the feet I give Anderson a serious advantage, but I think Diaz would sub him pretty quick on the ground.

I just don't see how Diaz would get the fight there.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #132 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
This entire - "you're retarded if you think this" attitude is ridiculous.

It isn't possible to debate when people are throwing out lines like that.

I'm out.
Translation: "I can't argue with the facts so I'm gonna take my ball and go home."
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #133 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
This entire - "you're retarded if you think this" attitude is ridiculous.

It isn't possible to debate when people are throwing out lines like that.

I'm out.
I only went back a few pages but who posted that?
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #134 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,377
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
He does get rocked pretty often. Diaz tends to play that game when fighters are moving back or are trapped against the fence where they cant get much power Or are tired.
If you think Daley is the only person who has rocked Diaz then your extremely delusional.

What does me having a sig of Kanye have to do with responding like a man??? That is one of the absolute dumbest things i have heard someone mention here. Just further proves that you think like a child.

Go bug someone else with your increasing font sizes and you funny comments. Im sure someone else wont think your annoying.
What makes you think I believe Daley is the only one who rocked him? Did I ever say anything to imply that? I used an example.

So does a guy like GSP have a GREAT chin? Because he hasn't been rocked in years? Or is it just that he doesn't put himself in those spots. And would never try to stand and bang with a guy like Paul Daley?

Point is, he has taken hundred of shots that would drop your normal welterweight. He has take more power shots than most any welterweights out there. So obviously he will be rocked more times...

Nick has a BEAST of a chin. And damn good recovery. He is always trading punch for punch, always coming forward, has fought some serious power punchers....yet has only been KO/TKO'd 1 time out of 35 fights. When he was an 18 year old boy.

Just my opinion. But I think Diaz has one of the better chins in MMA. And I know the difference between chin and recovery.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Translation: "I can't argue with the facts so I'm gonna take my ball and go home."
Again, can you please stop referring to your opinion as fact. Please just stop. Your opinion is not fact. The sooner you learn that the better.

You started off by insulting 21 members on this board by calling them all retards:

http://www.mmaforum.com/strikeforce/...iscussion.html

That's 21 people who picked Daley to beat Diaz on here, or 21 "retards" as you'd happily label them.

Diaz uses pressure boxing, not simply "walking forwards and just throwing punches" as you describe it. If simply walking forwards and throwing punches was such an effective tool to use, then surely more fighters would have so much success with it like Diaz has, no?

Diaz doesn't just walk forward and throw punches. He cuts off the cage and uses his height and reach to stifle his opponents and force them backwards.

He also doesn't throw just flurries:



Nick uses a variation or a combination of different punches in the above gif. Straights, hooks, uppercuts, level changes... A combination of different strikes.

When was the last time his taunting was effective against A level talent? BJ Penn? It seemed to work pretty effectively in that fight.



"Decent body shots". His body shots are excellent, not decent.

Stop calling people retards for expressing their opinion with thought out reasoning and try and acknowledge that other people have different viewpoints.

Is Nick likely to beat Anderson? No. But I believe he has a much better chance than most other current MW contenders and believe it would make for a thoroughly entertaining fight because of all of the previous reasons I have stated in this thread.

If you disagree with this, that's fine, but don't start presenting your opinion as fact again, thank you.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #136 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
What makes you think I believe Daley is the only one who rocked him? Did I ever say anything to imply that? I used an example.

So does a guy like GSP have a GREAT chin? Because he hasn't been rocked in years? Or is it just that he doesn't put himself in those spots. And would never try to stand and bang with a guy like Paul Daley?

Point is, he has taken hundred of shots that would drop your normal welterweight. He has take more power shots than most any welterweights out there. So obviously he will be rocked more times...

Nick has a BEAST of a chin. And damn good recovery. He is always trading punch for punch, always coming forward, has fought some serious power punchers....yet has only been KO/TKO'd 1 time out of 35 fights. When he was an 18 year old boy.

Just my opinion. But I think Diaz has one of the better chins in MMA. And I know the difference between chin and recovery.
Because i never used an example of Daley rocking him as him having a bad chin. So you focusing on the daley fight makes it seem like you think Daley is the only person who rocked him. Otherwise there would be no point in bringing that up since it doesnt mean anything.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #137 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,377
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Because i never used an example of Daley rocking him as him having a bad chin. So you focusing on the daley fight makes it seem like you think Daley is the only person who rocked him. Otherwise there would be no point in bringing that up since it doesnt mean anything.
That is a pretty self centered way of looking at it.

Because you never brought it up I can't use my own example. An example of the last time you could say Diaz was rocked.

But way to avoid any discussion. Nothing means anything unless you brought it up first.

I guess I should have made reference to every time Diaz has been hit hard in his life. Since I only brought up 1 scenario I must think that is the only example of it.

ok...
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #138 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
That is a pretty self centered way of looking at it.

Because you never brought it up I can't use my own example. An example of the last time you could say Diaz was rocked.

But way to avoid any discussion. Nothing means anything unless you brought it up first.

I guess I should have made reference to every time Diaz has been hit hard in his life. Since I only brought up 1 scenario I must think that is the only example of it.

ok...
Self Centered...
What are you even talking about now???


Okay why did you bring up Daley rocking Diaz then??? It doesnt prove that he has a great chin. And i didnt argue that because of the Daley fight he has a bad chin. So whats your point by bringing it up??


Off the top of my head i recall Cyborg,Noons,Aina,Daley,Marius all rocking Diaz. If i recall i think even Sakurai wobbled Diaz a bit and then Diaz clinched and recovered. I dont think Diaz has a bad chin but like my original post stated "Diaz doesnt have the greatest chin" and his fights support that statement. Anderson would have no problem dropping Diaz.

I do think Nick Diaz has some of the best recovery in the sport of MMA. The guy can be wobbled or rocked and after a second or 2 of clinching the guy is back to normal or even more dangerous in some cases because now he is mad. Its incredible.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #139 (permalink)
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,004
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
His inability to cut off the cage is what made him lose about 4 rounds to Condit, so nice argument bro.
__________________
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #140 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Again, can you please stop referring to your opinion as fact. Please just stop. Your opinion is not fact. The sooner you learn that the better.
Thanks, Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
You started off by insulting 21 members on this board by calling them all retards:

http://www.mmaforum.com/strikeforce/...iscussion.html

That's 21 people who picked Daley to beat Diaz on here, or 21 "retards" as you'd happily label them.
I wouldn't say happily. Joyfully could be used. Perhaps jovially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Diaz uses pressure boxing, not simply "walking forwards and just throwing punches" as you describe it. If simply walking forwards and throwing punches was such an effective tool to use, then surely more fighters would have so much success with it like Diaz has, no?
It is walking forward throwing punches. That is pressure boxing. I've boxed for 15 years. Pressure boxing is a fancy way of saying walking forward throwing shots without backing up. It's a tactic for dealing with long fighters and in fighters. Counter strikers tend to tee off on pressure boxers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Diaz doesn't just walk forward and throw punches. He cuts off the cage and uses his height and reach to stifle his opponents and force them backwards.
Do you remember his fight against Condit? What cost him that fight? His inability to cut off the cage you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
He also doesn't throw just flurries:



Nick uses a variation or a combination of different punches in the above gif. Straights, hooks, uppercuts, level changes... A combination of different strikes.
He does not throw combinations in that image. He is throwing a flurry of a large variety of punches but it is still a flurry. None of it has that flow that practiced combos possess. Diaz simply throws a large number of punches without set up.

A combination is a practiced set of strikes that flows from one to another. A combination is not simply throwing one shot after another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
When was the last time his taunting was effective against A level talent? BJ Penn? It seemed to work pretty effectively in that fight.
What fight were you watching? It didn't do shit in that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
"Decent body shots". His body shots are excellent, not decent.
They are decent. Body shots are my favorites. I've seen the best. He is decent at them but he doesn't know to generate proper power with them. He's not very good at generating power with any of his shots but he throws a lot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Stop calling people retards for expressing their opinion with thought out reasoning and try and acknowledge that other people have different viewpoints.
Note that I never did what you accuse me of here. I said that people who thought Daley would beat Diaz were retarded after you made the utterly baseless statement about how everyone - and by insinuation - me thought Daley would win. I disabused you of that notion. Also note that nobody besides you took offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Is Nick likely to beat Anderson? No. But I believe he has a much better chance than most other current MW contenders and believe it would make for a thoroughly entertaining fight because of all of the previous reasons I have stated in this thread.

If you disagree with this, that's fine, but don't start presenting your opinion as fact again, thank you.
My facts actually are facts. Sorry. You think he'd put up a good fight but all the evidence from both fighters says that you are wrong. The facts back up my viewpoint on the subject. You might not like that but I don't care.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios