07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
UFC 150 Preview
The latest rematch in the UFC's lightweight title picture is just two weeks away.
UFC officials recently released a new extended video preview of the UFC 150 main event between 155-pound champion Benson Henderson (16-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) and ex-champ Frankie Edgar (14-2-1 MMA, 9-2-1 UFC).
The 10-minute video details their first fight at UFC 144 this past February in Japan, at which Henderson took the belt from Edgar in a close fight, and the pair's training leading up to their rematch.
UFC 150 takes place Aug. 11 at Denver's Pepsi Center.
The fight will be Edgar's third consecutive rematch. After taking the title from B.J. Penn at UFC 112, he rematched him and won again at UFC 118. At UFC 125, he fought to a famous draw with Gray Maynard, then beat him at UFC 136. After the loss to Henderson at UFC 144, he was granted a rematch, this time as the one chasing a title.
The preview video also focuses on the main card middleweight bout between Jake Shields and Ed Herman.
The full UFC 150 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Champ Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar (for lightweight title)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard
- Jake Shields vs. Ed Herman
- Yushin Okami vs. Buddy Roberts
- Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7:30 p.m. ET)
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Tom Hayden
- Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper
- Ken Stone vs. Erik Perez
- Nik Lentz vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
- Dustin Pague vs. Chico Camus
On paper, this should be a good, exciting card. Let's hope it is.