Anderson Silva top 10 heavyqweight? - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #61 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
People underestimate Silva's defensive wrestling so much that it is laughable. Chael Sonnen has the best power double in MMA... way better than any HW. He almost never sets it up at all, and it is basically the only thing he has ever needed to use to become the 2nd best MW in the world. It's foolish to just assume that every good wrestler could take Silva down because Sonnen could.

Josh Barnett. Lol.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
Not sure why you're choosing to be so abrasive.

You have no idea what will happen; you're guessing based on your opinions... just like the rest of us.

Go ask AS how he would rank himself at HW. He'd probably just laugh because it's an absurd, hypothetical question, that we can never have an answer to, because it will never happen.

That's the fun of it. Stop pissing on the parade, Debbie Downer.

.

You mean the same guy who has wanted to fight guys like Lesnar and Frank Mir on separate occasions?

Is there any further ignorance you wish to profoundly display when it comes to MMA?
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,046
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
People underestimate Silva's defensive wrestling so much that it is laughable. Chael Sonnen has the best power double in MMA... way better than any HW. He almost never sets it up at all, and it is basically the only thing he has ever needed to use to become the 2nd best MW in the world. It's foolish to just assume that every good wrestler could take Silva down because Sonnen could.

Josh Barnett. Lol.
I know exactly how good Silva's TD defense is and how good his guard is and i know that Cain and Cormier are actually developing wrestling at AKA so i'm going to say that Silva won't last a Round with either one.
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Cormier isn't a finishing machine. The usual overreaction is quite present.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #65 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,478
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Cormier isn't a finishing machine. The usual overreaction is quite present.
He also reacts very poorly to getting hit.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #66 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
You mean the same guy who has wanted to fight guys like Lesnar and Frank Mir on separate occasions?

Is there any further ignorance you wish to profoundly display when it comes to MMA?
First, how did those fights go for AS against those HW's? Oh yeah; they never happened.

Second, just to see if I have this straight- are you seriously suggesting I'm ignorant about things MMA because I disagree with you in a fun thead discussing AS as a Top10 in a weight class he has never, and will never, fight in?

Congrats'-- you are officially clownshoes.

.
H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #67 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 3,990
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
People underestimate Silva's defensive wrestling so much that it is laughable. Chael Sonnen has the best power double in MMA... way better than any HW. He almost never sets it up at all, and it is basically the only thing he has ever needed to use to become the 2nd best MW in the world. It's foolish to just assume that every good wrestler could take Silva down because Sonnen could.

Josh Barnett. Lol.
Yes Chael is a much better wrestler the the HW fighters but the thing is when you have 30 or 40 pounds of pure muscle on the guy it more than makes mup for you lack of skill. For example in their last fight silva stoped one of chael's takedowns by grabbing his shorts. Put Shane carwin are Cain in that position and they would have been able to complete that take down with nothing but brute strength.

Take the skills of an NCAA all-american like Cain or a D2 champ like Carwin and add the size advantage and it would be too much for silva.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 3,990
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I completely disagree. The cage is big and Silva is nimble. I think Welder boy would struggle to get his hands on him.

But still, assuming Carwin was any good, who are the others? Because to me, right now, aside from Cain the rest of the UFC HW's are not excellent wrestlers.
Yeah silva is nimble and quick and it may take a few rounds but I carwin could eventually get a hold of him and with the power carwin holds all it would take is once and then it's a hard slam followed by a quick tko.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #69 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
I know exactly how good Silva's TD defense is and how good his guard is and i know that Cain and Cormier are actually developing wrestling at AKA so i'm going to say that Silva won't last a Round with either one.
Wouldn't last a round with Cormier? There isn't even really a big size difference there. If Cormier wasn't so pudgy he'd outweigh Silva by about 15 pounds and would have a significant size and reach disadvantage.

Cormier doesn't even very explosive takedowns. He wasn't known as a big takedown guy in wrestling and he isn't now in MMA.

I guarantee you that if they were to fight Silva would be a 2:1 favorite at least.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #70 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,596
Soojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSoojooko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
Yeah silva is nimble and quick and it may take a few rounds but I carwin could eventually get a hold of him and with the power carwin holds all it would take is once and then it's a hard slam followed by a quick tko.

It would take a few rounds? And what do you think is going to be happening during those "few rounds"? I'll tell you what... Carwin is going to get punched in the face very very hard *lots* of times.
Soojooko is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios