Firas Zahabi: GSP Wants Anderson - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,955
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
Wow GSP is manning up for the first time, thats impressive. Also silva is not as big as every1 thinks, yeah hes tall but thats pretty much it,
the dude he's beside, he walks around at 240. GSP walks around 50 pounds less

rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,899
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
I must've missed GSP's two losses to Anderson Silva at 185.

When did those happen?
This guy gets it.

You dont remember because they didnt happen. Because gsp has never moved his ass from 170 once in his career.

People rip on anderson. But one of gsps biggest wins was over a 155er who moved up to 170 to fight him.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,902
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I bet if BJ said he'd only fight GSP at 163 he'd be called a ***** on here.

GSP can do no wrong though.
Your absolutely right, BJ would be but that is cause everyone always wants to discredit Penn for some reason. But that fight is also a perfect example of the problem with this fight. Just as GSP was clearly to big and to strong (possible to slippery but that is another arguement) for Penn the same will largely hold true if GSP moves up. His frame can not support the amount of mass necessary to even the scales without it becoming detrimental. Just like BJ walking in against GSP at 167 because putting on more muscle would only hurt him. The fact BJ has balls so large they gotta names after planets does not make GSP a *****. My god if BJ Penn has become the standard for who is a coward than the UFC is filled with nothing but a bunch of cowards and pantywaists.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,427
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Your absolutely right, BJ would be but that is cause everyone always wants to discredit Penn for some reason. But that fight is also a perfect example of the problem with this fight. Just as GSP was clearly to big and to strong (possible to slippery but that is another arguement) for Penn the same will largely hold true if GSP moves up. His frame can not support the amount of mass necessary to even the scales without it becoming detrimental. Just like BJ walking in against GSP at 167 because putting on more muscle would only hurt him. The fact BJ has balls so large they gotta names after planets does not make GSP a *****. My god if BJ Penn has become the standard for who is a coward than the UFC is filled with nothing but a bunch of cowards and pantywaists.
Very valid point... since when has staying in your weight class become such a cowardly act?

A large percentage of weight class moves in the UFC are to a lighter division because a fighter is no longer effective at that weight; and is trying to move down to gain an advantage.... i.e. Kenny Florian.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,899
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Your absolutely right, BJ would be but that is cause everyone always wants to discredit Penn for some reason. But that fight is also a perfect example of the problem with this fight. Just as GSP was clearly to big and to strong (possible to slippery but that is another arguement) for Penn the same will largely hold true if GSP moves up. His frame can not support the amount of mass necessary to even the scales without it becoming detrimental. Just like BJ walking in against GSP at 167 because putting on more muscle would only hurt him. The fact BJ has balls so large they gotta names after planets does not make GSP a *****. My god if BJ Penn has become the standard for who is a coward than the UFC is filled with nothing but a bunch of cowards and pantywaists.
Thats the point. It wasn't a problem. BJ did it and in the first fight he kicked GSP's ass as the smaller man.

Point is fighting size matters, but it matters 10x more if the bigger guy is the wrestler. GSP was bigger than BJ and was the wrestler who wrestled him. Anderson would be the bigger guy but he isn't looking to lay and use his size other than reach vs. GSP. So the difference is huge. GSP is the wrestler. Anderson is not.

GSP has sat at 170lbs his whole career. Anderson has not.

GSP beats everyone by being better but really out-wrestling everyone. Lets see what his plan is and if he can wrestle when he isn't the bigger guy.

But GSP apologists don't want to here logic. They want GSP to sit at 170lbs from start to finish cutting 25lbs and always being the stronger fighter.

Condit vs. Anderson. What is really the size difference there? Why is Condit at 6'2 76 inch reach so much different than Anderson at 6'2 77.5 inch reach? I don't get it. If Anderson cut to 177lbs for a catch weight he would weight around 195 during the fights. Condit come November will weigh 185-190 during the fight.

So tell me mathematically how there is SOOOO much size difference? Fact is Anderson doesn't try to build muscle like GSP. He can change his body weight in a variety of ways. He can become lean, skinny Anderson at 170. He can become normal Anderson at 185. Or he can become chunky, Fedor looking at LHW and still be fast.

There is very minimal difference in Condit and Anderson's size. Anderson is bigger through the arms and Condit is a little bigger through the legs.

We are talking a difference of 5 or 10 lbs. Fighters in the same weight class give that up everytime they fight. Machida, BJ at 170, Frankie, Hendo, Maia did. But GSP fans don't want Georges to ever be the smaller fighter....
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,902
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Thats the point. It wasn't a problem. BJ did it and in the first fight he kicked GSP's ass as the smaller man.

Point is fighting size matters, but it matters 10x more if the bigger guy is the wrestler. GSP was bigger than BJ and was the wrestler who wrestled him. Anderson would be the bigger guy but he isn't looking to lay and use his size other than reach vs. GSP. So the difference is huge. GSP is the wrestler. Anderson is not.

GSP has sat at 170lbs his whole career. Anderson has not.

GSP beats everyone by being better but really out-wrestling everyone. Lets see what his plan is and if he can wrestle when he isn't the bigger guy.

But GSP apologists don't want to here logic. They want GSP to sit at 170lbs from start to finish cutting 25lbs and always being the stronger fighter.

Condit vs. Anderson. What is really the size difference there? Why is Condit at 6'2 76 inch reach so much different than Anderson at 6'2 77.5 inch reach? I don't get it. If Anderson cut to 177lbs for a catch weight he would weight around 195 during the fights. Condit come November will weigh 185-190 during the fight.

So tell me mathematically how there is SOOOO much size difference? Fact is Anderson doesn't try to build muscle like GSP. He can change his body weight in a variety of ways. He can become lean, skinny Anderson at 170. He can become normal Anderson at 185. Or he can become chunky, Fedor looking at LHW and still be fast.

There is very minimal difference in Condit and Anderson's size. Anderson is bigger through the arms and Condit is a little bigger through the legs.

We are talking a difference of 5 or 10 lbs. Fighters in the same weight class give that up everytime they fight. Machida, BJ at 170, Frankie, Hendo, Maia did. But GSP fans don't want Georges to ever be the smaller fighter....
BJ also lost the second fight and people use that loss to shit on his legacy.

You say Anderson would weight 195 to fight at a catch weight but that is the point. If the fight happened at 185 Anderson would walk into the cage at about 205-210 pounds which is 20-25 pound weight advantage. Anderson didn't appear anymore drained against Forrest and Forrest walks into the cage about 230 so AS is a big guy. GSP is often the smaller guy I would argue Fitch,Shields and Alves were bigger. Only Penn and Serra would have given up notable size advantages with Hughes,Kos and Hardy being a wash.

Considering how so many people disrespect BJ's record it is totally understandable that fighters don't want to move up in weight.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,862
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I'm so over any Silva/GSP talks. It's like rumors of Fedor coming to the UFC. Or like the Dwight Howard rumors for those who follow the NBA.

All talk, nothing happening.
Dwight has essentially been traded as of last night, but I get what you are saying lol.


Sent from my iPhone using VerticalSports
__________________

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,899
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
BJ also lost the second fight and people use that loss to shit on his legacy.

You say Anderson would weight 195 to fight at a catch weight but that is the point. If the fight happened at 185 Anderson would walk into the cage at about 205-210 pounds which is 20-25 pound weight advantage. Anderson didn't appear anymore drained against Forrest and Forrest walks into the cage about 230 so AS is a big guy. GSP is often the smaller guy I would argue Fitch,Shields and Alves were bigger. Only Penn and Serra would have given up notable size advantages with Hughes,Kos and Hardy being a wash.

Considering how so many people disrespect BJ's record it is totally understandable that fighters don't want to move up in weight.
I like Penn. He was a beast in his day.

My point is Anderson has went from 170 to 185 and has fought at 205. GSP has done none of that.

Anderson has talked about going to 170. GSP's trainer talks about a catch weight. So looks like no one is thinking 185. So with a catchweight of say 177lbs, Anderson would weigh maybe 5-8lbs more than Condit will when he fights GSP. If you make ANY matchup with fighters from 2 different weights you will have SOME sacrifice in sizes.

But the fact of the matter is, Condit is just as tall and has almost as much reach as Anderson. Yet he is no big deal as for his size. Makes little sense to me.

Anderson will use his height and footwork to beat GSP. GSP has the advantage of being shorter because he is a wrestler...meaning better leverage. If GSP was really "the best wrestler" in MMA then he would be able to take down a guy with average TDD that is only 1 weight higher shouldn't he? I mean Chael could take Shogun down. Bones could take Werdum down. Why can't GSP take Anderson down? He is supposedly the best wrestler in MMA so lets see it.

Also,



GSP is bigger through the legs than Alves. Alves has more upper body. GSP has reach by a decent amount He has the height advantage as well. I wouldn't say Alves is bigger.

And sure perhaps a guy like Fitch is bigger. But GSP is much stronger. I mean Anthony Perosh is bigger than say Shogun, but I wouldn't say he has any sort of "size" advantage. He is weaker and less explosive. Like Fitch he has little striking. Height and a few lbs means nothing if you aren't strong as well.

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 08-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios